Elle

2nd poetry book "Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution" with Simon & Schuster - OUT MARCH 2021 [POSTPONED]

2 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

She had to remotely wipe her hard drives because they were stolen, and as such she wiped the only copy of the book that she said she had

Her stuff gets stolen way too often. This shit is too confusing to keep track of:tanisha:

2 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Wdym by deleted? Like, gone forever? Cause I was under the impression that it was just postponed and since she’s Lana, (and changes her mind all the time) decided to not release it 

her hard drives got stolen and if I remember correctly she had to delete the book remotely from her cloud... 200 pages gone

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I’m still depressed about this. I love Violet sm and really wanted another poetry book! I hope that over time she can rewrite it or somehow get back everything she lost. I imagine she put so much work into this and it suck’s so bad that someone stole it. 

3 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Her stuff gets stolen way too often. This shit is too confusing to keep track of:tanisha:

yeah but this time it was more serious because she not only lost the book but also cam corders with videos and stuff 

that's why she was worried about stuff leaking too early and probably what made her release the album now in march, she wanted to release it in august

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, gatadelrey said:

I’m still depressed about this. I love Violet sm and really wanted another poetry book! I hope that over time she can rewrite it or somehow get back everything she lost. I imagine she put so much work into this and it suck’s so bad that someone stole it. 

it's devastating. but I have hope someone else in the team had some type of manuscript or at least something handwritten like I can't believe 100% of it was all gone :defeated: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's devastating. but I have hope someone else in the team had some type of manuscript or at least something handwritten like I can't believe 100% of it was all gone :defeated: 

same, it was honestly the project that I was the most excited for!! I love her writing so much 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Yeah same. I mean how devastating for her if it 100% is all gone but I really hope not. I’m willing to wait for it bc I know it will be worth the wait but I wish we knew something. Like if she’s rewriting it or still intending on putting out another one. 

Just now, Blossom said:

same, it was honestly the project that I was the most excited for!! I love her writing so much 

she's the only person in this world who is capable of making me read and buy poetry 

I love violet so much, especially the audio version. I really hope she won't give up on it and still release it :ohno:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

52 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Is there anything to verify that it’s 100% gone? Like, did she say that at any point? I’m not doubting you, I’m just curious cause it surprises me that not a single person on her team wrote them down. Then again, that seems like something she would do soooo:O

8 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Is there anything to verify that it’s 100% gone? Like, did she say that at any point? I’m not doubting you, I’m just curious cause it surprises me that not a single person on her team wrote them down. Then again, that seems like something she would do soooo:O

it's what she implies in the video. seeing again she actually never had a backup on a cloud system, but had to remotely wipe the whole book from the hard drives

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's what she implies in the video. seeing again she actually never had a backup on a cloud system, but had to remotely wipe the whole book from the hard drives

Thank you! For some reason I don’t remember seeing that video when it came out. Definitely makes me think they’re gone, which is really unfortunate :(

On her next poetry collection

I was going to ask: what exactly happened with your laptop being stolen with your second book on there? 

I was on Melrose Place going to SEV Laser and I was there for an hour and I came back and all my truck windows were smashed in and my floral backpack with my medicine, my two Sony handhelds, my laptop and my backup... It’s so funny, it was taken and I had also just gone to xiv karats for the first time in ten years to take some jewellery out of the safe, whatever. And it’s the one and only time I haven’t taken my backpack with me and as I shut the door I thought, ‘You should take your backpack with you.’ But it was four o’ clock and sunny and I thought, ‘I’m not going to live like this where I have to always take everything with me, up to a laser place, you can’t live like this.’ I thought you really should take it but I just shut the door and locked it and that’s the one time that happens.

Your brain or something always intuits that you need to do this thing and if you ignore it, that’s the one time it happens. 

Ever since then, if I have a feeling like ‘you shouldn’t go to that place’, I just don’t go.

It’s like splenic information. I definitely receive information in that way too, something in my gut, quick and instant, tells me if something is safe or not, you should do this thing or not. 

I think there are five different types of sixth senses: there’s clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, which is a feeling, and then there’s claircognizance, which is a knowing. It’s inexplicable, like, ‘I know this person’s a bitch.’ And that’s more what I resonate with, it’s like a pop up block, where it’s like ‘no’. My sister has that too. 

I have that for sure. And that was your second book of poems and all of them are gone?

Two years ago I started working on it… in May it’ll be three years. When I started it, Jack [Antonoff] has seven of the songs that he did the orchestration to, so there’s seven of them but the ones that give context to the seven that I did were really, really, really long and very much about…one of the lines was like, ‘I know it’s an unpopular opinion in 2022 but I still wanna get married and fall in love with you’ or something but it was a long rant about what is feminism, what is da da da da da... It gave so much context too. And it’s something I could never remember. It was something where you think of it and you have to do it immediately and if you don’t do it in the first five seconds, you won’t get it. So - I’m pissed!

It’s almost like you need to have a conversation with a girlfriend at that starting point and zone out and just rant and record it, word vomit your feelings and thoughts on it and see if anything familiar comes out.

It’s hard because it’s all this stuff I would never say. So hmmmm…there’s no lesson in that by the way. And it’s not like it pushes you along to make the book. I don’t wanna make it at all now.

So will you make a new one?

I’ve got the six or seven…I remember everything I was thinking because it’s all around one concept so I’ll just have to see what happens. It was good though. The stuff that Jack still has is good.

What’s the concept? 

Ahhh [laughs]. It’s called Behind The Iron Gates. I had the cover drawn by this beautiful illustrator.

I love the cover of the Violets book. I have it with me actually. I love the oranges. 

By Erika Lee Sears. By far and away the most amazing painter. I wanted to see if I could get in touch with David Hockney but then I met Erika and I was like wow, oh my god. 

I love that your author pic is a selfie too. Because it’s the pandemic and you’re not going to get headshots done.

Yeah, totally. And I was happy that day. I was super blonde because with the pandemic – I’m really blonde anyway, like your colour – I had to keep lemoning my hair in the sun because I didn’t want the roots to grow out really blonde so by the end of those two years I was just white blonde again. 

[gets out notepad] I made some notes when I was listening through the new album for the first time…

I have the ugliest journal I’m writing in currently but it’s going so well.

That’s always the way and you buy a beautiful one and you either don’t want to write in it or you write garbage notes in it and feel it’s ruined. 

Totally. 

32 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

noooooo i am SO sad that we'll never get this book as it was....heart breaking. (though knowing that she hasn't a clue about feminism i am fine with not receiving that particular poem lol). still hope we get another poetry book though who the fuck knows when it'll be...i imagine she has a contract for a second book with simon & schuster though so i'm sure we'll get one eventually.

aOaIzH2.gif

I was so excited about Behind the Iron Gates. I am sure it was going to be better than Violet. Patent Leather was already better than all of it except LA Who Am I to Love You.

"it was a long rant about what is feminism, what is da da da da da..." :stareney2:

Ever since qftc, all her rants been having some sort of divine intervention. Like the time during BB IG livestream, her being muted and now this poem being stolen. Her interview with Annie Mac being ALMOST interrupted with her chimney breaking. I see a pattern. :thumb3: Sure the poem would've been an interesting piece.