Elle

2nd poetry book "Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution" with Simon & Schuster - OUT MARCH 2021 [POSTPONED]

50 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I'm so glad this didn't come out. I really, truly did not want to hear the discourse around her doing anything related to "institutions".

but it still seems like she plans on releasing it, doesn't it? she only ever brings it up in a sort of anticipatory attitude, and it looks like a lot of work has gone into it already so she probably wouldn't just abandon it 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

4 hours ago, baddisease said:

I'm so glad this didn't come out. I really, truly did not want to hear the discourse around her doing anything related to "institutions".

i mean, if she actually has experiences with being institutionalized, wouldn’t it be genuine? i feel like she’s made references to it in hope is a dangerous thing as well as her first poetry book

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

52 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i mean, if she actually has experiences with being institutionalized, wouldn’t it be genuine? i feel like she’s made references to it in hope is a dangerous thing as well as her first poetry book

yes, but she's also been accused of faking her mental health struggles even though she's not. so do you think this wouldn't end the same way?

giphy.gif

On 9/25/2022 at 11:47 PM, baddisease said:

yes, but she's also been accused of faking her mental health struggles even though she's not. so do you think this wouldn't end the same way?

we shouldn’t care what ignorant people on social media may think, it’s difficult to see people hate on her, but she shouldn’t make sacrifices towards her art to appease who would never try to understand in the first place

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

42 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

So we are not getting any of this? Cant she like remember it and rewrite it? Been waiting for it for so long,  thats what she gets for waiting so long to release it im mad, i love her poetry 

Hard to say what survived of it. The audio poems could, of course, be transcribed. No way she only recorded Sylvia and the 11-minute long one (My Father Told Me to Go Slow - or something like that). But she did say she had 200 pages written down: some of it is surely lost forever. 

Honestly we need Lana's very own Great American Travelogue... A book of her musings as she passes from state to state and the people she encounters :justride2: The next John Steinbeck I fear

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The way this book might never see the light of day :delish:

I DONT WANNA LIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEE

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Does anyone know if the poem "My Father Told Me If I Went Slowly I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong" was real? It was never posted, just the title, but it was supposedly for Behind the Iron Gates and the full Grandfather title reminded me of it. Does anyone know where we got that title from?