Elle

2nd poetry book "Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution" with Simon & Schuster - OUT MARCH 2021 [POSTPONED]

i’m more excited for this than any other upcoming project she has. 

fewer expectations, less press, but more insights into the inner Lana. 

I feel like the institutions she would talk about in this book- the music industry/Grammys, her time in boarding school, rehab, Princess Diana?

In her Rolling Stone Germany interview, Lana revealed she recently wrote an 11-minute poem titled "My Father Told Me if I Went Slowly, I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong" which may possibly appear on this project! Because she referenced the length of the poem in minutes, it seems very likely that this poetry book will also have an accompanying audiobook as Violet did x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

16 hours ago, NewportBitch said:

i’m more excited for this than any other upcoming project she has. 

fewer expectations, less press, but more insights into the inner Lana. 

I feel like the institutions she would talk about in this book- the music industry/Grammys, her time in boarding school, rehab, Princess Diana?

saaame, I am dying for an announcement about it! I know I’m being greedy but I do hope we get it this year

aOaIzH2.gif

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

In her Rolling Stone Germany interview, Lana revealed she recently wrote an 11-minute poem titled "My Father Told Me if I Went Slowly, I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong" which may possibly appear on this project! Because she referenced the length of the poem in minutes, it seems very likely that this poetry book will also have an accompanying audiobook as Violet did x

It also needs to be pressed onto vinyl, At least on Black & Picture Disc.

IMG-3521.jpg

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

This is fantastic news. Minority I feel here, but I loved Violet. I can't always listen to it as it's far too emotional but it's art. This will be even better. My Father Told Me coming for Sportcruisers crown as most devestating.

Now I feel like I’m excited for this a lot because I think after blue banisters she will release this and it will be a nice little treat.

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

Manifesting that Behind The Iron Gates is a book dedicated to her friends. Poems about what is grateful, what makes her happy and Picsart photos with every friend about she write.:makeup2:

For anyone who missed the livestream, she said the book is still on the way but it’s complicated. She said she felt the whole thing could be condensed into about 36ish pages of really dense poems that are “unflattering” but would hold everything we need to know/she wants to say. 

NOW I’M EVEN MORE EXCITED BAHHHH

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

So anyway, I can’t wait to read the next poetry book. She said it was not pretty and crazy or some shit so I know it’s gonna be good

I've been excited for it ever since she put out this video:

I really feel like it's going to be a masterpiece.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.