Elle

2nd poetry book "Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution" with Simon & Schuster - OUT MARCH 2021 [POSTPONED]

I really feel like the Interview Mag video from today could also double as a trailer for this poetry book, especially if she’s going to chronicle her fragility in this book like she said in May. I’m so excited for this and how it’s going to connect to Question for the Culture and COTCC!

i think iron gates is going to be pretty dark, disturbing and depressing poetry, violets was quite bittersweet and light, its very optimistic and hopeful, i think iron gates is going to feel cold and harsh, and bitter, thats the kind of imagery i get from the title, i think we're going to get a lot of poems about her experience in this "institution" and possibly some really dark thoughts she has had, and never shared before

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Behind Iron Gates already sounds more menacing and dark than Violet. Just like Chemtrails sounds more menacing and dark than Norman. 

Tbh, looking at it thru the lens of Lana’s life and experiences, how she is right now reminds me a lot of 2014/Ultraviolence era Lana. Coming off a public breakup, admittedly depressed and anxious, getting trashed in the media...

I obviously don’t want her to go backwards, but idk, it’s just something I noticed 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

5 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

Behind Iron Gates already sounds more menacing and dark than Violet. Just like Chemtrails sounds more menacing and dark than Norman. 

Tbh, looking at it thru the lens of Lana’s life and experiences, how she is right now reminds me a lot of 2014/Ultraviolence era Lana. Coming off a public breakup, admittedly depressed and anxious, getting trashed in the media...

I obviously don’t want her to go backwards, but idk, it’s just something I noticed 

I think expressing yourself through art is a great healing method, so if she's in a state similar to those years, I'm sure this album and the poetry can really help her getting things off her chest.

Capture.jpg

It’s so true what everyone is saying about Behind the Iron Gates. I feel like the Interview Mag video could’ve been a trailer for both Chemtrails and Behind the Iron Gates, as I think she’s really tying together the themes of isolation (by literally being behind iron gates but also feeling like an outsider in regards to the culture, both of which I think will see Lana discuss being a prisoner of her own thoughts derived from her experiences, but how that’s almost empowering) and there will be such a synergy between Chemtrails and Behind the Iron Gates - even more than Norman and Violet! I think both projects will influence the way the other should be interpreted or listened to and it’s really cool to see her putting out projects in multiple formats that are all connected! I hope she continues putting out records and poetry collections that are symbiotic so that we can be further blessed with her insight!!

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

lsnpoeu.jpg

made a cover for the potential audiobook and how i imagine the entire vibe is gonna be

This is EVERYTHING I imagined and so much more :wowcry: this is exactly the vibe I got from the b&w sea cliff stairs video she posted for Patent Leather Do-Over, as well as the actual imagery in the poem. Fantastic work! :wub:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

This is EVERYTHING I imagined and so much more :wowcry: this is exactly the vibe I got from the b&w sea cliff stairs video she posted for Patent Leather Do-Over, as well as the actual imagery in the poem. Fantastic work! :wub:

aww thank you!! means a lot when its coming from the queen of covers

image.png

On 5/21/2020 at 12:48 AM, Elle said:

Our busy bee has also announced in the same initial post that she will be releasing her next album on September 5th.

:crazy:

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 hour ago, Dominikx4 said:

lsnpoeu.jpg

made a cover for the potential audiobook and how i imagine the entire vibe is gonna be

while i appreciate the wes andersonism of this picture i kinda think it's beyond lana's visual capability as of now :toofunny:

i76mrxw.png 

I wonder in this book she’s going to detail some of her thoughts and experiences that happened to her at the boarding school she went to. Also her past alcoholism.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY