Sign in to follow this  
annedauphine

LDRCondensed (Philfont/Rainbow) 2.0

SZ8JqbT.png

I remade LDRCondensed aka Philfont/Rainbow. I did a huge lot of tiny improvements to the font drawing quality, added three weights, and interpreted all the punctuation and numbers except the number 1, which is the original design found on Studio Bowden’s website.

Why this project?

Basically just grew tired of seeing people use Rainbow with its horrible space, its improper 1, and lack of punctuation, and Philfont doesn’t have numbers or punctuation. I also wanted a really clean base font.

Disclaimers!

Although I worked on it alone, this is 100%, completely, forever free to download. I did NOT made the original font, obviously, Studio Bowden deserves all the credit for it. Lmdr also deserves credit for creating Philfont, which was the basis of my remake.

Where to download?

You can download on my Gumroad! I use this site because it allows me to do updates but unfortunately it requires you to put in your email address. Sorry about that!

Want a glyph in particular?

Don’t hesitate to ask me! For now there isn’t any accents/diacritics or arrows or things like that, but I could add them in a whip.

What glyphs are available?

All caps, no lowercase, basic punctuation, numbers, dollar sign and basic math signs.

What weights are available?

I completely created a light version (-25 pt from original design) and interpolated to Normal and Medium. Medium is a bit thicker than original, which is called Regular here, and Normal sits inbetween Light and Regular. I also exported to a variable font in case you’re looking for a weight inbetween these instances. Handy!

If you're looking for updates, for example after I add glyphs, I will update on my Gumroad or you can comment on this thread I'll send it to you!

aTS1w0y.png

5pR9Fuy.png

CN4ipOp.png

ZKcaooE.png

I'm just so so so so happy you have no idea! 

It's been YEARS of fixing kerning and edges of these damn fonts by hand I'm just so relieved

Thank you so so much 

HUGE disclaimer kerning has been left untouched except from a few letters that I came across. Kerning is wayyyyy too much work for a project of this scope haha

ZKcaooE.png

I saw in analytics that some people came to Gumroad through Facebook and I would be so grateful if you could link me if you see it up on FB please!

I posted it in our Polish Lanaism group! Maybe that's where the traffic comes from!

Here's a screenshot.

It basically translates to you being our lord and savior.

I can add you to the group if you want! We have some international members as well.

Sidenote: LDRCondensed is not in the master MEGA folder that I linked because I figured you'd like to see the real numbers on Gumtree :teehee:

Screenshot-2020-05-21-18-49-29-668-com-f

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I posted it in our Polish Lanaism group! Maybe that's where the traffic comes from!

Here's a screenshot.

It basically translates to you being our lord and savior.

I can add you to the group if you want! We have some international members as well.

Sidenote: LDRCondensed is not in the master MEGA folder that I linked because I figured you'd like to see the real numbers on Gumtree :teehee:

Screenshot-2020-05-21-18-49-29-668-com-f

OMG thanks so much!! This is exactly what I wanted to know, yes I'm sure it comes from here! Hahaha you're the best :D I would love to be part of the group indeed, I sent you a request!! If you do see it being reposted would you mind linking me please? I would also really appreciate if you could say, in case it isn't there already, that the font is absolutely not for sale and completely free to download. I will refund anyone who buys it anyway. I do not want any problems with Studio Bowden and I don't deserve to be paid for that.

ZKcaooE.png

a cultural reset!! wtf anne!! :crying:

edit: if you get around to adding more glyphs, i'd love to see Ëë (or the ¨ character on its own if you don't wanna fall into the whole ïäö/god knows what else rabbit hole lmao), so we can live our best LANA DEL RËY lives  :teehee:

rihKQ8M.gif

Can we say legendaric? Thank you!

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif