I think it's either her when she was younger, or it's something really sketchy that I'm not elaborating upon unless the whole thing comes out and reinforces my crackheaded theory.

:smile3:

I just listened to this again and wow. I'm so in love with this. I really feel so much love and peace listening to it.

But I still don't know, who is the Violet she references to?

I believe it was her great grandmother! It says she was the mother of Robert England Grant, whose son is Robert England JR, aka Lana's dad! 

https://www.geni.com/people/Violet-Grant/6000000033603740823

Upon reading Robert England Grant's obituary (https://www.geni.com/people/Robert-Grant/6000000033603540322)

"Bob is survived by

his wife, Cynthia,

his sons

Robert and his wife, Pat;

David; and

Jim; all of Lake Placid.

His great joys also included his grandchildren:

Elizabeth,

Caroline,

Charlie, and

David and his wife Marya"

It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume this is the Violet Lana is referring to, as she said in the video she posted in December announcing VBBOTG as a spoken word album that she was connecting to her own family lineage! :)

hahahaha true story, it's kind of annoying but does no-one actually proofread her texts? Are there no editors? These are all rhetorical questions, of course, because the answer is clearly not. :eek3:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

No, obviously not. She obviously got the biblical quote wrong and stuck with it. To be fair, I spotted a couple of spelling mistakes when people shared old screenshots of her old Lizzy profile on Myspace but this is in no way to underrate her talents as many great writers couldn't spell!

On the other hand, I don't think she likes to be corrected so even if someone actually tried ... :eek:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

How come no one out of the thousands of people who must have heard it / read it corrected her? its just kinda embarrassing.

As for her spelling, I didn't really see any obvious mistakes during her Lana days. I'm assuming her spelling/grammar is pretty good overall even if she made some mistakes when younger.

I thought maybe she changed it to shaft on purpose, but it makes zero sense. Sigh

tbh it wouldn't surprise me if she was one of those people who thinks an editor or supervisor would make her work "less" true to herself and i see that same sentiment in some of her fans on here too when we were talking about her instagram account some months ago

i76mrxw.png 

10 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

I won’t rest til I find this out. 

the only “Violet” I can think of who fits in with Sylvia Plath, Marilyn Monroe, and Princess Diana (?) is “Dion Fortune”—who’s real name was Violet. She was an occultist and philosopher. 

But I’m guessing this is a different Violet than in the other poem. Maybe toddler Violet is Lana’s inner child, or maybe Violet happens to be her baby name of choice and wanted to write a poem about her unborn child? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

17 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

I won’t rest til I find this out. 

I'm almost certain it's her great-grandmother! I found this shortly after she posted the poem :):

On 6/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, IanadeIrey said:

I believe it was her great grandmother! It says she was the mother of Robert England Grant, whose son is Robert England JR, aka Lana's dad! 

https://www.geni.com/people/Violet-Grant/6000000033603740823

Upon reading Robert England Grant's obituary (https://www.geni.com/people/Robert-Grant/6000000033603540322)

"Bob is survived by

his wife, Cynthia,

his sons

Robert and his wife, Pat;

David; and

Jim; all of Lake Placid.

His great joys also included his grandchildren:

Elizabeth,

Caroline,

Charlie, and

David and his wife Marya"

It wouldn't be too far fetched to assume this is the Violet Lana is referring to, as she said in the video she posted in December announcing VBBOTG as a spoken word album that she was connecting to her own family lineage! :)

32 minutes ago, Mer said:

the only “Violet” I can think of who fits in with Sylvia Plath, Marilyn Monroe, and Princess Diana (?) is “Dion Fortune”—who’s real name was Violet. She was an occultist and philosopher. 

But I’m guessing this is a different Violet than in the other poem. Maybe toddler Violet is Lana’s inner child, or maybe Violet happens to be her baby name of choice and wanted to write a poem about her unborn child? 

Lol have to disagree since she states “All of my kind women who came before me, blonde” but another clue is this person is blonde! 

5 minutes ago, Malibu princess said:

Interesting, but why are all the other women famous and she randomly mentions her great grandmother? 

There’s no way of knowing for sure obviously unless Lana herself explains it, but we know Sylvia, Marilyn, and Diana are not just mere famous women to her that she listed - they hold a special place in her heart and I’m sure Lana identifies with their stories in the same way she probably identifies with the stories that have been passed down to her in her family - likely ones about her great-grandmother, Violet. 

In the poem, she implies that these 4 blonde women have had tragic endings to their life stories (we know of Sylvia, Marilyn, and Diana, and can assume something about Violet since she’s grouped with them) but that she dyes her hair black, perhaps to embrace the darkness that got the best of them - whatever form that darkness took - and live with the lightness that they never had in honour of them, maybe. It’s quite a layered poem and that’s my inference, at least! 

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

There’s no way of knowing for sure obviously unless Lana herself explains it, but we know Sylvia, Marilyn, and Diana are not just mere famous women to her that she listed - they hold a special place in her heart and I’m sure Lana identifies with their stories in the same way she probably identifies with the stories that have been passed down to her in her family - likely ones about her great-grandmother, Violet. 

I just don’t know if it’s her grandmother, doesn’t make sense to me. The other 3 women she’s never met and were famous, not contesting they weren’t special to her. They all died in their 30s and then Lana mentions she’s 34. Her grandmother died at 71. I just don’t see the connection. 

On 5/24/2020 at 10:26 PM, nevada darling said:

Gabapentin can be used to treat insomnia for people with alcoholism:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2936493/

Gabapentin has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 116 ratings for the treatment of Bipolar Disorder. 78% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.”