On 5/30/2020 at 6:34 AM, LittleRedDress said:

I’ve sat with this for a few days and wonder what other people think of this part in the context of discussing men in a romantic way in the preceding lines?

“You have to separate the wheat from the chaff

You have to be discerning

It takes diligence, consequence, and other things to keep that sea from churning”

Her inflection during these lines was interesting. Thoughts?

I remember Lana saying in an interview something about ‘date the bassist, not the lead singer’. 

it seems like she’s talking about being more discerning in relationships for sure. Specifically, not going for the egotistical individual when she says the ‘ it can’t be a man like Ted or musician who sings about being free’

1 minute ago, Honeytrails said:

still thinking of this entire book... need 

Yeah it really is a shame that it got deleted. I wish she releases the 6 or 7 audio poems she has, although it’s missing the « centrepiece », the poem about feminism. 

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah it really is a shame that it got deleted. I wish she releases the 6 or 7 audio poems she has, although it’s missing the « centrepiece », the poem about feminism. 

it'll be so weird if someone actually stole it and plans to leak it or sell it... like leaked ldr poems is a new low 

On 5/24/2020 at 6:08 AM, Elle said:

Sylvia, Marilyn, Violet, Diana

All of my kind women who came before me, blonde
I dyed my hair black for you

Maybe Violet is her? Maybe Violet is Lizzy? Because when it was revealed that Terrence Loves You alternate title was "Violet Sings The Blues". She was blonde when she was Lizzy Grant and she dyed her hair black when she was already Lana Del Rey. Maybe it was Lizzy who bent backwards over the grass.

(Maybe Violet will be her future stage name, if she wants to change it - but I hope not, I'm not one of those name-change believers)

url%5D

Still my favorite poem of hers :flutter: I think it's her best one too, it's such a tragedy what happened to Behind The Iron Gates :(

url%5D

do we think we'll ever get the book? I want to be delusional af but hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

13 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

do we think we'll ever get the book? I want to be delusional af but hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have. 

Maybe the audiobook when she has recorded some of the poems.

url%5D

12 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

I’ve been wondering that a lot lately :( 

I’m sure she will put out more poetry in the future but god only knows if this “future” is soon

Just now, Embach said:

Maybe the audiobook when she has recorded some of the poems.

I'll remain delulu for the time being and let myself believe she's working on it

Just now, rocknrollgroupie said:

I’ve been wondering that a lot lately :( 

I’m sure she will put out more poetry in the future but god only knows if this “future” is soon

she better 😭 I love her poetry so much. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

the next person who meets lana needs to be brave and ask if she's going to release another poetry book anytime soon, because she has not mentioned working on poetry at all ever since her laptop was stolen. i'm itching for a new collection, as her audiobook of violet is so relaxing, and the collection inspired me to get back into poetry.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

9 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

the next person who meets lana needs to be brave and ask if she's going to release another poetry book anytime soon, because she has not mentioned working on poetry at all ever since her laptop was stolen. i'm itching for a new collection, as her audiobook of violet is so relaxing, and the collection inspired me to get back into poetry.

Yes pls. It’s not even a big deal just say u like her poetry and if she ever plans on releasing more

Honestly as much as I'd love the second book I don't think it looks good after the laptop situation and all... Right now she's touring even if not officially, to me that doesn't read as an appropriate season for her to be introspective. Poetry takes time—and solitude I guess.

– Un beso, té verde, menta y cerezos –

having read The Bell Jar quite recently this made me really emotional

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

On 5/24/2020 at 9:04 AM, yourbluebaby said:

Does anyone know who Violet is supposed to be?

i'm still convinced that violet is her as lizzy.

url%5D