Just reading the poem is bloody genius, but hearing Lana's calm, soothing voice is like some ASMR shit realness. I can't wait for this book to drop and the spoken word album too

I almost mentionned ASMR as well, I've been watching some since 2011 and I would genuinely irl kill for Lana to do some

ZKcaooE.png

Wait, isn't Gabapentin a medication for illnesses like epilepsy? I'm confused

Anyways I love this so much, I think an album with this type of instrumental would be amazing :hdu:

Yes, and for nerve pain. It can also be used off-label to treat anxiety.

Yup antiseizure and neuropathic pain, my cat gets it :B

Sooooo she went to some sort of rehab during show cancellation to recover ?

Oh I didn't know it's also for animals, hope it's really helping your cat!

It can be used off-label to treat anxiety, as well.

Yes, and for nerve pain. It can also be used off-label to treat anxiety.

And I really wished things weren't so serious for her, I hope she's getting better

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧

Wait, isn't Gabapentin a medication for illnesses like epilepsy? I'm confused

Anyways I love this so much, I think an album with this type of instrumental would be amazing :hdu:

can be used for migraines and nerve pains aswell

Has it ever occurred to y’all gen Z’s that a violet is a flower, the title may be imagery of a beautiful flower left trampled on after being walked over?

Has it ever occurred to y’all gen Z’s that a violet is a flower, the title may be imagery of a beautiful flower left trampled on after being walked over?

They’re referring to the latest poem she posted.... lol...

“ Sylvia, Marilyn, Violet, Diana

All of my kind women who came before me, blonde

I dyed my hair black for you”

New art video for the poem - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Oh my god... this is next level :gclap: So beautiful, so moving... I loved it. Jack, amazing of course.

This is psychedelic without even trying.

So excited for the poetry book/s!

I hate melon head but something he kept mentioning in his NFR review was how she was very nurturing and caring in it, like in MAC and California. I think you can see this idea really well here. It's such a careful, heartbreaking, hopeful poem. Love that for her.

This exactly. This is the most caring, nurturing thing I've heard like, ever. Such a hurt soul who only wants to spread love and warmth.

The way she is like, giving advices to Sylvia. Telling her that she understands her. Just the way Lana has found comfort in Sylvia's work. And then being like, but I won't do the same.

And I love the symbolism of her dying her hair dark instead of letting it be blonde.

Wow.

I love this poem, I think it's the first one of Lana that has really touched me and that I find good.

At the same time it makes me happy and cringe a bit because I have the same relationship with Sylvia (and to a smaller extent, Marilyn) as Lana (as many women do), so it's a bit embarrassing to see myself reflected so well in the poem.

I need to reread Bell Jar because I forgot the part about the leather shoes. I've read it years ago so I only remember the big plot points.

I have high hopes for the whole poetry book assuming it's gonna bring more poems like this one.

i am nothing and should be everything

I’ve sat with this for a few days and wonder what other people think of this part in the context of discussing men in a romantic way in the preceding lines?

“You have to separate the wheat from the chaff

You have to be discerning

It takes diligence, consequence, and other things to keep that sea from churning”

Her inflection during these lines was interesting. Thoughts?

I’ve sat with this for a few days and wonder what other people think of this part in the context of discussing men in a romantic way in the preceding lines?

It takes diligence, consequence, and other things to keep that sea from churning”

Oh... She's a "bad picker"! She's saying that she will stop accepting anything and choose her men better.

I'm just kidding! lol :D

giphy.gif

I read it as her realising she needs to learn the difference between how someone presents themselves and how they really are. Not just in how they present themselves visually but how they act, how they say they are etc. You need to work to see what someone is really like, but that work can stop you from getting hurt further down the line.

locals only

I counted the steps in the vid and only got to 205 but the clips are cut so it really could be those 280 steps or maybe Lanas exaggerating a lil 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I just listened to this again and wow. I'm so in love with this. I really feel so much love and peace listening to it.

But I still don't know, who is the Violet she references to?

I think it's either her when she was younger, or it's something really sketchy that I'm not elaborating upon unless the whole thing comes out and reinforces my crackheaded theory.

:smile3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream