TRENCH

Black Lives Matter 2020 Megathread

I think the protests and anger needs to be redirected into getting people to vote on 3rd Nov. Nobody is getting anywhere with Trump and it was just turn to more deaths.

Ferguson happened while Obama was president. Joe Biden is one of the most uninspiring and unsuitable candidates the Dems have seen in a long time. Trump as president is awful in this situation yes, but putting energy, time, and money into getting Biden elected is like putting a band aid on a mortal wound.

locals only

Ferguson happened while Obama was president. Joe Biden is one of the most uninspiring and unsuitable candidates the Dems have seen in a long time. Trump as president is awful in this situation yes, but putting energy, time, and money into getting Biden elected is like putting a band aid on a mortal wound.

Agree, whoever takes over it will be exactly the same as before. If anyone was actually going to do anything majorly different it would have been Trump as he's not even that into politics and probably doesn't really know what goes on but even under him nothing different has happened. Every major decision has already been bought and paid for regardless of who people think is in charge.

I think the protests and anger needs to be redirected into getting people to vote on 3rd Nov. Nobody is getting anywhere with Trump and it will just turn to more deaths.

My sister in law’s vote didn’t count in the last election. It got “lost”. She called several times asking where it went but nobody did anything. She won’t stop voting of course, but it’s not exactly encouraging people to vote if 1) you need to register to vote (you should be able to automatically), b) your vote gets lost and c) making it hard for minorities who can’t take a day off of work to go and vote.

I agree, Trump needs to get out of the White House because as long as he’s there, all those fucking racists will think it’s okay to be racist. Nobody’s stopping them. But like others have commented, the Democrats’ candidate doesn’t look too inspiring... but he can’t be worse than Trump I think.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

if you guys are not in a financial state where you feel you can donate, please try to watch this video! Youtube is donating all of the ad revenue to a multitude of black causes and organizations that are helping to bail out protesters, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgLa25fDHM

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

if you guys are not in a financial state where you feel you can donate, please try to watch this video! Youtube is donating all of the ad revenue to a multitude of black causes and organizations that are helping to bail out protesters, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgLa25fDHM

And disable your adblocker! :heart: 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Quick PSA to any Australians on Lanaboards, please educate yourself on a very similar issue that we have with Indigenous incarceration. 

Latest news article example:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-03/outrage-continues-over-indigenous-sydney-teen-arrest/12313416

Examples of Parallels of the American BLM to Australian BLM:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-01/david-dungays-family-traumatised-by-death-of-george-floyd/12307414

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-02/us-riots-indigenous-deaths-in-custody/12309010

Very important statistics on Indigenous Incarceration:

https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/law/aboriginal-prison-rates

I hope this BLM action helps raise awareness to what's going on here, and is also getting worse. Our country is NOT any better so don't ignore it.

I'm still trying to find the organisations to donate to to help, but in the mean time we can still talk to other Australians about this, especially if their reaction to the American BLM movement is "I'm so glad I don't live there" or "I'm so glad Australia isn't like that".

Hey ;)

Been following all this issue by social media, as the media outlets are saying shit about it -at least in the country I leave, they aren't (purposedly, of course) showing the dimension of what's happening in America-. For what I've seen, the clima there is almost revolutionary already. 

Wanted to ask to the ones of you who live there, ¿is it as severe as it seems?¿is there any real chance that Trump may fall due to the revolts, if they continue and grow?

And, of course: all of my support and love to all of the fellows here who belong to the black community or any ethnic minority. And may Trump be burned to his feet.

Hey ;)

Been following all this issue by social media, as the media outlets are saying shit about it -at least in the country I leave, they aren't (purposedly, of course) showing the dimension of what's happening in America-. For what I've seen, the clima there is almost revolutionary already. 

Wanted to ask to the ones of you who live there, ¿is it as severe as it seems?¿is there any real chance that Trump may fall due to the revolts, if they continue and grow?

And, of course: all of my support and love to all of the fellows here who belong to the black community or any ethnic minority. And may Trump be burned to his feet.

yes and no. there are way more peaceful protests than "violent" ones. media obviously doesn't want to show that side because we have to paint a picture of cops being benevolent. and when they do show peaceful protests, it's the citizens and the cops talking to each other in a friendly way or a cop joining the protest....anything to make cops look good. but the violent ones are as severe as they seem. however, a lot of evidence shows that the police are the instigators when it comes to starting chaos during the protests. there are multiple different videos that show police purposely smashing store windows and antagonizing crowds. pushing down PEACEFUL protesters, tear gassing people just for the hell of it, and driving their cars into crowds. 

two days ago, Trump went to stand in front of St. John's Church in D.C. (the church he visited before his inauguration and the only time he has visited since then) for a photo-op with a Bible in his hand. people were peacefully protesting outside around the White House and Trump called the National Guard to tear gas and brutalize the protesters so that he could walk to the church. he's made many messages over the past week that have strong fascist tones to them. America was built on white supremacy and slavery and it can not exist without these things. if we talk about revolution, we must talk about actually dismantling America. some people think it can be saved and that we just need reformation. I disagree. this Administration and most of Congress is overtly indifferent to its citizens in whom they should be protecting and representing. the blatant abuse of power is proof that our system has failed. Trump can just claim something is a lie and then not much is done about it. they lie to us and they always have. it isn't the craziest idea in the world that the US will become a fascist state in the next couple of years/decades.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

yes and no. there are way more peaceful protests than "violent" ones. media obviously doesn't want to show that side because we have to paint a picture of cops being benevolent. and when they do show peaceful protests, it's the citizens and the cops talking to each other in a friendly way or a cop joining the protest....anything to make cops look good. but the violent ones are as severe as they seem. however, a lot of evidence shows that the police are the instigators when it comes to starting chaos during the protests. there are multiple different videos that show police purposely smashing store windows and antagonizing crowds. pushing down PEACEFUL protesters, tear gassing people just for the hell of it, and driving their cars into crowds. 

two days ago, Trump went to stand in front of St. John's Church in D.C. (the church he visited before his inauguration and the only time he has visited since then) for a photo-op with a Bible in his hand. people were peacefully protesting outside around the White House and Trump called the National Guard to tear gas and brutalize the protesters so that he could walk to the church. he's made many messages over the past week that have strong fascist tones to them. America was built on white supremacy and slavery and it can not exist without these things. if we talk about revolution, we must talk about actually dismantling America. some people think it can be saved and that we just need reformation. I disagree. this Administration and most of Congress is overtly indifferent to its citizens in whom they should be protecting and representing. the blatant abuse of power is proof that our system has failed. Trump can just claim something is a lie and then not much is done about it. they lie to us and they always have. it isn't the craziest idea in the world that the US will become a fascist state in the next couple of years/decades.

I'm not an american citizen nor I do live there either, yet I'm a social sciences student with certain knowledge on the matter and can't but agree on all you've stated here. That was the point I wanted to reach when I talked about "revolution", I meant: ¿are we in front of some kind of possibility window to a dismantle and reconstruction of what the USA has been and has come to be today? Yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine about the matter and both were speculating on this same terms... Or the revolution happens and triumphs, or the USA under Trump's administration is absolutely likely to become an authoritarian dictatorship, as they will find the juridic, mediatic and politic paraphernalia to make it happen. From what I see in Europe, where I'm from, the public opinion is absolutely in rage about what is happening to the black community, and so China and Rusia have interests on Trump falling, so, maybe are we behind the doors of a true potencial breakdown of the empire?

to those in the UK, this thread has a list of protests across the country. look out for cancellations https://twitter.com/jackremmington/status/1268118724386664448?s=20

Edit: i've been trying to find a thread on the institutional racism that's very much alive in the UK but it's lost in my feed. i'll try to update when i find it but i just want fellow brits to know that we're no strangers to this. RldD7LE.png

So it's been a while since I had to take mandatory govt. classes, but a genuine question is. Where are our mayors? Governors, and why's it taken so long for them to make a political statement.. I know our mayor already made a statement about things yesterday, but what u feel u can share, people in other states, what's been done communicatively at a county/city/state level? 

UV/Honeymoon

Some good news!!! - the other 3 officers will be charged with aiding and abetting murder and Derek Chauvin's charge will be raised to second-degree murder. Don't stop now though. Justice hasn't been served for the countless of others who were failed by the system. We need reform now.

It´s about time !
the 4 ex-police officers are now charged .... One with 2nd degree murder and the other 3 were arrested under charges of aiding and abetting murder 

I do hope they get ALOT of years behind bars in jail !

No one is above the law.

Now we need the rest of the world to WAKE UP ! 

Equal Justice and Equal Rights for everyone ! - no matter what is the color of your skin , we ALL bleed the same red-colored blood ! We are ALL humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

32230e8207c5b0f9a16d5c8cd4251c0f.jpg

-

The FUCK is whitelivesmatter trending on twitter on 2nd. I've seen some horrible shit in this hashtag

At this point it's only trending because K-pop stans are spamming/trolling it. I scrolled for a while and only saw one serious post. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

So apparently Sean's Police Department is still treating policing like a fucking reality TV show after the mayor just met with activists the other day and agreed to cancel the contract with Live PD.

EZnTlWKX0AAA3fY.png

Speaking of K-pop stans, anyone know any?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

It´s about time !

the 4 ex-police officers are now charged with murder (although only in the 2nd degree). I do hope they get ALOT of years behind bars in jail !

No one is above the law.

Now we need the rest of the world to WAKE UP ! 

Equal Justice and Equal Rights for everyone ! - no matter what is the color of your skin , we ALL bleed the same red-colored blood ! We are ALL humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

32230e8207c5b0f9a16d5c8cd4251c0f.jpg

Just a heads up to prevent misinformation all 4 officers were NOT charged with murder... the other 3 were only arrested under charges of aiding and abetting murder

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

So apparently Sean's Police Department is still treating policing like a fucking reality TV show after the mayor just met with activists the other day and agreed to cancel the contract with Live PD.

EZnTlWKX0AAA3fY.png

Speaking of K-pop stans, anyone know any?

funny how they act like they care about preserving peaceful protest when it seems like the only ones disturbing peaceful protest is the POLICE THEMSELVES. 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just a heads up to prevent misinformation all 4 officers were NOT charged with murder... the other 3 were only arrested under charges of aiding and abetting murder

Thanks for the info :)    I just got home and was looking at the news on TV.

I have changed my post.

giphy.gif

-