Sign in to follow this  
Flowerbomb

Lana's Ancestry

Idk if it’s worth noting or not but when I was looking things up, I found a lot of family members and there are another Charlie and Caroline that obviously Lana’s siblings are named after. I don’t think I ever found anyone with the first name Elizabeth, but from the lineage here we can see where Woolridge came from. Rob’s middle name is England, which is a family name. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lana names her future children something related to her family’s lineage.

Idk if it’s worth noting or not but when I was looking things up, I found a lot of family members and there are another Charlie and Caroline that obviously Lana’s siblings are named after. I don’t think I ever found anyone with the first name Elizabeth, but from the lineage here we can see where Woolridge came from. Rob’s middle name is England, which is a family name. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lana names her future children something related to her family’s lineage.

I have a feeling that if she ever has a daughter, she'll name her Violet after her great grandmother. Even in VBBOTG, the titular line is followed by "seven years old with dandelions grasped tightly in her hands".

now we need to know who joanna is 

I posted this in the Instagram Updates thread, but it might be useful to share here as well - 

Happy belated birthday to Joanna! x

A little info on Joanna for anyone interested - she isn't related to Lana through immediate birth, but the exact relation is still unclear. She's most likely a longtime friend.

Her instagram handle is @jobie_s (Jobie Smith)

On her page, she has photographs of both of her parents, neither of which are Patty nor Rob. (Her father has actually been deceased for a few years now.) So this clears up the speculation of her being related as an immediate sibling to the Grants.

She mainly seems to be a close friend of Chuck's, with lots of photos of her & Chuck posted dating back as early as 2013 when her account was created. There's a few with her, Chuck, & Lana as well.

Through her photo locations, she appears to have once lived in Lake Placid when she was younger & possibly in NYC as well, but more recently in Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, and Maryland.

So, we can confirm this isn't a "long lost sister" but rather a longtime friend of the Grant sisters. A sister in spirit, if you will.

Some may remember Joanna's face from this post uploaded from Joanna's White Coat ceremony at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia in August 2016- 

50067518457_2ccb3e529a_o.jpg

50066656563_524098364b_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

also completely unrelated, but my ex boyfriends sister worked in a shop on buchanan street selling scottish fashion and said she came in before her gig in 2017. god i wish that were me.

if you look up articles from lana being in scotland, they’re always so lovely. she’s always really sweet with her scottish fans and seems to really appreciate the city of glasgow. also the articles are hilarious.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/time-lana-del-rey-shocked-13516102.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.list.co.uk/article/50323-lana-del-rey-returns-to-second-home-glasgow-as-part-of-the-born-to-die-tour/amp/

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13104346.americas-latest-superstar-falls-in-love-with-glasgow/

also completely unrelated, but my ex boyfriends sister worked in a shop on buchanan street selling scottish fashion and said she came in before her gig in 2017. god i wish that were me.

if you look up articles from lana being in scotland, they’re always so lovely. she’s always really sweet with her scottish fans and seems to really appreciate the city of glasgow. also the articles are hilarious.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/time-lana-del-rey-shocked-13516102.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.list.co.uk/article/50323-lana-del-rey-returns-to-second-home-glasgow-as-part-of-the-born-to-die-tour/amp/

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13104346.americas-latest-superstar-falls-in-love-with-glasgow/

"She hung about the checkout just to talk me. And when I started serving again I looked around and she was still there." 

"She's a goddess – an inspiration. I only live a few miles from Shawlands and I can't believe she was there. It's a holy site of pilgrimage now. I will be stalking the Co-op this week in the hope of seeing her ... if I get enough revision for my Highers done."

:thumb3:

"She hung about the checkout just to talk me. And when I started serving again I looked around and she was still there." 

"She's a goddess – an inspiration. I only live a few miles from Shawlands and I can't believe she was there. It's a holy site of pilgrimage now. I will be stalking the Co-op this week in the hope of seeing her ... if I get enough revision for my Highers done."

:thumb3:

ldr in a shawlands co-op is a proper urban legend

Lana’s paternal grandmother is Cynthia Ann Kirk (the daughter of James Wickersham Kirk and Alice Elizabeth Woolridge/Wooldridge). Cynthia was born in Pennsylvania. James was the son of Albert DeWitt Kirk and Minnie Maude Wickersham. Alice was the daughter of Ashley E. Woolridge and Agnes Goodwin Dale.

I think it's safe to say Lana was named after her great great grandmother, Alice Elizabeth Woolridge. Imagine if her parents dropped the Woolridge (strange choice imo) and just named her Alice Elizabeth. Kinda funny to think about. Lana suits an Alice, like Alice in Wonderland...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It's a bad joke that could get Lana into a lot of trouble.

:toofunny: sis thats the shtick of lana stans, they always set her up. thetes so much drama which couldve been avoided if it wasnt for her own stans

image.png

:toofunny: sis thats the shtick of lana stans, they always set her up. thetes so much drama which couldve been avoided if it wasnt for her own stans

i get what ur saying but lmfao no-one's gonna cancel Lana for having a black guy say the n word on her song

nice cocc bro

Some stones better left unturned but a Druid from the 17th century appeared to me and said Lana’s family tree stretches as far as having Nobles involved with the english monarchy and the rothschilds and the kidnapping of native children for ritualistic trafficking/purposes...

In her recent Instagram live, she touched on the aforementioned subject. You can read the full transcript below:

Also in Black Bathing Suit, she says:

And what I never said, why there's a price on my head
It's nothing to do with them, it's my karmic lineage

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

why did i discover this thread now!? :suicide:

On 7/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, Flowerbomb said:

Thought it would be cool to delve into her ancestry a little bit. I'm surprised to find out she has a family member called Violet (do you think that's why she named her poetry book 'Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass'?) :flutter:

Anyways, here's a site that has a lot of info on her ancestry/ethnicity but I'll copy-paste here in case some of ya'll can't reach the site: https://ethnicelebs.com/lana-del-rey

Birth Name: Elizabeth Woolridge Grant

Place of Birth: New York City, New York, U.S.

Date of Birth: June 21, 1985

Ethnicity: Scottish, English, some Dutch, Irish, German, and Welsh

Lana Del Rey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, poet, music video director, and model.

Lana has Scottish, English, and some Dutch, Irish, German, and Welsh, ancestry. She has said, “…we have our Scottish crest at home, Grandpa does. Bob, and then there’s Davey and Jimmy and Robbie… The family roots are in Lanarkshire and I will definitely be visiting at some point…”

Lana’s paternal grandfather was Robert England Grant, Sr. (the son of Benjamin William Grant and Violet England Rowell). Robert was born in New York, and was an investment banker and venture capitalist. He worked at Kidder, Peabody & Co., and was a vice president for Plough, Inc and Textron. Benjamin was the son of David Stuart Grant, whose parents were Scottish, and of Mary Jane Nice. Violet was the daughter of Morse Rowell and Belle J. England.

Lana’s paternal grandmother is Cynthia Ann Kirk (the daughter of James Wickersham Kirk and Alice Elizabeth Woolridge/Wooldridge). Cynthia was born in Pennsylvania. James was the son of Albert DeWitt Kirk and Minnie Maude Wickersham. Alice was the daughter of Ashley E. Woolridge and Agnes Goodwin Dale.

Lana’s maternal grandfather was Donald Paul Hill (the son of Frank Hill and Marian/Marion Klepper). Donald was born in New York. Marian was the daughter of Barend Klepper, who was Dutch, and of Sarah Donnelly, who was Scottish.

Lana’s maternal grandmother was Madeline Patricia McClean (the daughter of Joseph McClean and Madeline Montgomery). Lana’s grandmother Madeline was born in New York.

:oprah4:

On 7/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, annedauphine said:

The gag if she's called Lana bc of Lanarkshire

I have always found that a funny coincidence too hahah :omfg2:

url%5D