Sign in to follow this  
urbannoize

Bruce Springsteen praises Lana Del Rey's Video Games on From My Home To Yours Series (7/16)

I’m in tears!!! Hear The Boss praise Lana like this means a lot to me and to know that Bruce is a fan of Lana’s work.... well that’s just huge! I’ve always been a big fan of Bruce Springsteen and I have seen him in concert. When you think about it, Bruce has been a huge influence on Lana. Their songs come from the same place. Lana sings his praises in “American” and I had always wondered if Bruce was a fan of Lana and now we know. I hope one day they perform together. Both are amongst the finest musical storytellers. Woodie Guthrie inspired Bob Dylan. Then Bob Dylan inspired the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Lana.

But wow, this means a lot. Bless your heart Bruce!! Thanks for the music. Thanks for inspiring me and inspiring Lana!

Holy fuck how'd I miss this  :defeated:  Bruce has undoubtedly become one of my top 5 favourite artists over the past 3 years and the more of his back catalogue I listen to the more I draw parallels to Lana's music. The fact he is a fan of hers is amazing.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Springsteen is the King, dontcha think?

I was like, hell yeah, that guy loves our Queen! 

:smile3:  :heart:  :thankyou:

Game recognizes game. We love to see it.  :flutter:  :wub:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Last year when Lana released Norman Fucking Rockwell I said (in addition to saying NFR is the best album of the 2010s) that the themes reminded me of what Springsteen was singing about on Born in the USA. Bruce has had a major impact on Lana’s work. Lana really does learn from the best; Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Springsteen, Stevie Nicks, Crosby Stills Nash and Young etc.

When you listen to Bruce’s lyrics and then you listen to Lana’s lyrics you see that they both want the same thing for America. They both worry about the social ills that hold our nation back. They believe in the spirit of the American people and know that we collectively can aspire to higher standards as a nation.

Also, they both make music for regular people. Their inspiration comes from folk music. They really relate to the working class through their art. I hope they can work together one day because that would be one hell of a collaboration!

Ooh, I hope someone tells Lana about this, I bet she’d be so happy if she knew! :flutter:

I sent this to some of the fan accounts on IG, as well as one of her friends. I’m sure Lana will get word of this.

I don’t know why this isn’t a news headline? One of the all time great songwriters (Springsteen) praises Lana and the press doesn’t pick it up. Lana posts pictures from a protest and the press reports on what Khelani and Tinashe say. This is proof of the double standard Lana was mentioning in her IG post from May. That is very bias and dishonest reporting right there. Bruce praising Lana should be a news headline.

OMG, imagine going back in time telling Lizzy/Lana that one day, Bruce Springsteen would not only be praising her songs, but calling himself a fan! This makes me so happy.

It's always good to have The Boss in your corner!

I've seen Bruce in concert before. Actually, last I saw him he delayed the start time of the concert because of an accident on the NJ Turnpike and the fans were late, so he waited for everyone to get there. Great guy!!

Bruce Springsteen played Lana again on his SiriusXM channel the other day.

Bruce had more praise for Lana. The other day he said the following;

“That is ‘American,’ by the lovely Lana Del Rey. She’s, uh, name checking some guy from New Jersey in there. I’m not sure who, but … uh, she is from New York, and was raised in Lake Placid. Lake Placid, a fabulous little American town where I have spent many a lovely summer evening with my children and my family over the years. And Lana is simply one of the best songwriters in the country, as we speak. She just creates a world of her own and invites you in. So a big favorite of mine, the lovely Lana Del Rey.“ 

To have this kind of praise from a legend such as Springsteen is a huge honor as I have said before. Woody Guthrie inspired the likes of Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. Dylan and Springsteen inspired Lana. Lana's folks roots can be experienced in all of her songs whether they feel folky or not. 

Regardless of what the critics say, Lana having the support of legends in this business such as Bruce Springsteen, Joan Baez, Stevie Nicks etc matters a lot. Lets remember that much like Lana, when Bruce came on the scene he wasn't taken seriously at first. The critics didn't understand him and they wrote him off. Well, we all saw how that worked out. Lana has every reason to believe in herself and to always be reaching for the stars. She is this generation's greatest musical storyteller. 

On 8/17/2020 at 2:10 AM, MargaretThatcher said:

So the press is finally talking about Bruce Springsteen’s praise for Lana;

dbol and test cycle https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-springsteen-lana-del-rey-simply-best-songwriters-us-2728878

i also noticed that the press took way too long until they wrote something about it.

is it me or they do it on purpose??