Sign in to follow this  
tutnecke

lana style through time...

lately many people have said that lana has lost much of her glamor or does not appear physically as before in terms of aesthetics, speak ill of her current weight too, but that's not the point. 

lana has always had her style doubly separated between the glamor of the stage and the casual style, most of her fans say that she lost her glamor or that she doesn't care about like before... I disagree but what is your opinion? I'm curious to know!

thanks xoxo 

lana-del-rey-1590157723.jpg

i agree that she doesn't care like she did before. she has no reason to, she already has her foot in the door, she doesn't need to go out of her way to make that glamorous 1940s aristocrat impression anymore. you can even see her demeanor and voice has changed a lot in interviews since then

also its ridiculous the way y'all talk about her weight. even when she was visibly the heaviest in her career she looked completely healthy. skinnier does not mean healthier. and during nfr she even mentioned power lifting. 80% of you guys are gay men anyways so stfu about womens bodies please

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i agree that she doesn't care like she did before. she has no reason to, she already has her foot in the door, she doesn't need to go out of her way to make that glamorous 1940s aristocrat impression anymore. you can even see her demeanor and voice has changed a lot in interviews since then

also its ridiculous the way y'all talk about her weight. even when she was visibly the heaviest in her career she looked completely healthy. skinnier does not mean healthier. and during nfr she even mentioned power lifting. 80% of you guys are gay men anyways so stfu about womens bodies please

I didn't say my opinion about her weight, but the opinion of half the fans. I really don't care about that, I believe you got it wrong

I didn't say my opinion about her weight, but the opinion of half the fans. I really don't care about that, I believe you got it wrong

I know, i figured it's not something you believe, i meant to address the fans who care about her weight not you 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I know, i figured it's not something you believe, i meant to address the fans who care about her weight not you 

thanksss, I really liked your arguments

Its obvious that her label pushed Lana to look more glamorous during BTD,PD and UV. It was never her natural style and I think BC of it it made her waaay more nervous and anxious on stage etc You can tell she looks super awkward sometimes back in the day.

I'd rather her dress the way that makes her happy even if it is kitsch rather than be miserable.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Its obvious that her label pushed Lana to look more glamorous during BTD,PD and UV. It was never her natural style and I think BC of it it made her waaay more nervous and anxious on stage etc You can tell she looks super awkward sometimes back in the day.

I'd rather her dress the way that makes her happy even if it is kitsch rather than be miserable.

I agree, Lana has always liked some glamorous things, but her regular default style seems to be very casual with just some expensive, but simple, accessories. I remember in an old interview she was asked what she spends her money and and she said she didn't like to spend her money, except sometimes on something nice like a necklace or ring. 

The full glamour from the BTD era must have felt nice for her, but yes it was definitely steered by how stylists/photographers/magazines, etc, wanted her to look because it's startling and eye-catching... Gets them money too... And it did happen to match the music.

Honestly my favourite Lana style is her casual street style when it's just so well fitted and looks comfortable but also like no one else could ever look as good in it.

Those people need to get warning points imo, because some have so blatantly been shaming her. 

Also, idc how unpopular this opinion is but in the Honeymoon era and Endless Summer tour she was maybe even at her thickest and no one can tell me she didn't look the best she ever had. So fucking gorgeous. Ughhhh help.

I hate to admit it, but there has definitely been a decline in terms of looks with Lana. She used to put so much effort into her outward appearance, but it's been kinda on a slippery slope starting 2017. Her visuals used to be a continuation of the vibe she was going for with each era, but it's been kinda hit or miss these past two-three years. I'm not saying I loved everything Johnny Blue Eyes threw on her, but most of these looks are iconic imho, more so than some of what she's worn after they stopped working together. I've always think (and will continue to) that Lana is a beautiful woman regardless though.

Anyway, these are honestly my favourite red carpet looks of hers:

62859708_lana-11.jpg

Lana_Del_Rey_-_BRIT_Awards_2016_in_Londo

I don't really have time right now. But I'm definitely going to make a post of all my favourite performance looks of hers! (those vintage/custom made doll dresses she wore 2013-2016  :toofunny: )

sometimes i do miss her old looks

but what makes me really happy the fact that now she’s wearing what SHE actually wants

and thats the only important thing, to be free to wear whatever makes u happy

cuz after all, being a doll isn’t really a good thing to be

:smile3:

Lana_Del_Rey_-_BRIT_Awards_2016_in_Londo

I don't really have time right now. But I'm definitely going to make a post of all my favourite performance looks of hers! (those vintage/custom made doll dresses she wore 2013-2016  :toofunny: )

:thirst:  as I said above, her best era for looks

And please do! I'd love to see