Your Girl Lana

Summertime Sadness

Shared by Rick Nowels -

"In 2011 I met Lana Del Rey. She was not yet signed to a record contract. We wrote together for 3 days. The second song we wrote  was 'Summertime Sadness'. It was the beginning of a very creative and deep collaboration on many beautiful songs."

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

47 minutes ago, Elle said:

Shared by Rick Nowels -

"In 2011 I met Lana Del Rey. She was not yet signed to a record contract. We wrote together for 3 days. The second song we wrote  was 'Summertime Sadness'. It was the beginning of a very creative and deep collaboration on many beautiful songs."

hmm... rick's going to be interviewed in the upcoming music week magazine... and he posted this... maybe they're working together again? :dua: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

appreciation post for summertime sadness, i feel like it's beauty & it's depth is overshadowed by the fact that it's arguably her most popular & well-known song, as well as the remix, however i think it's very beautiful, it's a staple in her discography and it's filled with lana del rey's unique vision of nostalgic & americana, a red dress, pale moonlight, 60's style hair, summertime, driving fast... it's also undeniably melacholic, which is a very important element of lana's musical style, there's another layer of melancholia with the theme of death, specifically suicide, which is highlighted by the music video, also, the production/sound of the song itself is enchanting, it's very warm, rosy, gloomy, a little hazy... and the cheering/shouting samples add such a unique touch... this song is honestly angelic, yet in such a dark way... idk, i just really like this song <3

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

37 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Anyone know why she removed the intro to the music video? 

I believe that spoken line is actually from another song if the post I saw about it is correct. So it likely got copyright striked?  I'll add it to this message when/if I find it. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm