Sign in to follow this  
MargaretThatcher

Did Lana stop smoking?

We have not seen Lana smoking a cigarette since 2018. As of last year she was vaping.

I think Lana quit smoking but I’m not sure. Can anyone confirm this? What about the vaping. Is she still doing that?

I would hope that she is not doing either of those things anymore. I quit smoking too, much like Lana I also smoked Parliaments. I guess we both had a preference for recessed filters!

But if she did quit that’s good. She’s a vocalist and smoking is something which I would not recommend for anyone who sings.

But damn, it is hard to quit!

we haven't seen her with a vape since the end of the nfr tour i think and you're right about her quitting cigs in 2018

maybe she quit when she cancelled the european tour back in february because she did say she had lost her singing voice. maybe that kinda opened her eyes? idk i hope thats the case

we haven't seen her with a vape since the end of the nfr tour i think and you're right about her quitting cigs in 2018

maybe she quit when she cancelled the european tour back in february because she did say she had lost her singing voice. maybe that kinda opened her eyes? idk i hope thats the case

Not to speculate, but vaping can certainly affect one’s singing voice. I wonder if the vaping affected her voice and then maybe she quit vaping after seeing it’s not good for her voice.

Vocal coaches left and right are telling these kids who sing not to vape. They always have to say it now because so many kids now vape.

Not to be rude at all but I've noticed she's gained a tiny bit of weight lately (she obviously still looks AMAZING & I'm not calling her fat by any stretch of the imagination) and weight gain is usually a symptom of quitting smoking?

FzytWEW.png

Not to be rude at all but I've noticed she's gained a tiny bit of weight lately (she obviously still looks AMAZING & I'm not calling her fat by any stretch of the imagination) and weight gain is usually a symptom of quitting smoking?

True!

Your appetite goes through the roof when you quit smoking! Happened with me. But now I have even more caffeine! lol

I'd say the thing about "losing her singing voice" was just a pretext to not go touring, as she announced few months later she had recorded an entire new album. Dont see the chances of that happening with her singing voice lost.

We have not seen Lana smoking a cigarette since 2018. As of last year she was vaping.

I think Lana quit smoking but I’m not sure. Can anyone confirm this? What about the vaping. Is she still doing that?

I would hope that she is not doing either of those things anymore. I quit smoking too, much like Lana I also smoked Parliaments. I guess we both had a preference for recessed filters!

But if she did quit that’s good. She’s a vocalist and smoking is something which I would not recommend for anyone who sings.

But damn, it is hard to quit!

I agree about her stop smoking. Its so difficult to stop, you cant be smoking for years and leave it the next day. So i think the vape is for that, like a substitute for the cigarettes till the body gets adapted :) When it is she can stop vaping too.

Hd7c-1.gif

I feel like her smoking habits are a lot like mine.... she seems like the type of person that could smoke for a long time, quit, then maybe a few months into quitting have one or two cigs on special occasions as a treat lmao, quit again, then start again, then quit again, then start again..... hahaha

I think for now she's quit tho!

Oh actually! A quote in her Rolling Stone magazine interview from the UV era kinda confirms my speculations:

“I quit sometimes,” she says, of the cigarettes. “And then stop quitting.” She smokes onstage, too — it’s pure craving, not an image thing. “I find, sometimes, halfway through the set, I definitely need to have a cigarette.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-vamp-of-constant-sorrow-74230/

ofc that could've changed since then, but yea. pretty sure she just vapes rn!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I agree about her stop smoking. Its so difficult to stop, you cant be smoking for years and leave it the next day. So i think the vape is for that, like a substitute for the cigarettes till the body gets adapted :) When it is she can stop vaping too.

That's the thing I wonder if she stopped vaping too. 

When she cancelled those European dates back in February because she had lost her voice, I just wonder if maybe that could have had something to do with it. But I hope she stopped vaping too, because that isn't good for you either. As I said before, I don't recommend smoking or vaping for anyone who sings.

I'd say the thing about "losing her singing voice" was just a pretext to not go touring, as she announced few months later she had recorded an entire new album. Dont see the chances of that happening with her singing voice lost.

Perhaps. You just wonder what happened the led to it being cancelled at the last minute. Granted singing in a studio is not the same as singing on stage.

I feel like her smoking habits are a lot like mine.... she seems like the type of person that could smoke for a long time, quit, then maybe a few months into quitting have one or two cigs on special occasions as a treat lmao, quit again, then start again, then quit again, then start again..... hahaha

I think for now she's quit tho!

Oh actually! A quote in her Rolling Stone magazine interview from the UV era kinda confirms my speculations:

“I quit sometimes,” she says, of the cigarettes. “And then stop quitting.” She smokes onstage, too — it’s pure craving, not an image thing. “I find, sometimes, halfway through the set, I definitely need to have a cigarette.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-vamp-of-constant-sorrow-74230/

ofc that could've changed since then, but yea. pretty sure she just vapes rn!

It's REALLY hard to quit. Its like the hardest bad habit to give up!