Dominikx4

LA Who Am I To Love You

she's on fire. Lanas writing didn't rip out my heart like this in a long time

im so sad for her. that trauma of getting sent to boarding school after becoming addicted to alcohol where u get possible groomed by ur teacher can't be anything easy, its understandable why her adolescence is such a heart wound 

“You see, I have no mother

And you do

A continental shelf

A larger piece of land from where you came

And I?

I'm an orphan”

Not to start spilling my own shit, but I know what this feels like. I had so many problems growing up and I felt emotionally neglected. My issues were never taken seriously. So I totally know where Lana is coming from.

Beautiful poetry - her delivery is quite frenetic and it's almost stream of consciousness which obviously is quite reminiscent of Sylvia Plath.

Lots to unpack but as usual it's difficult to discern what is authentic in terms of 'autobiographical'. It's like 'yikes' re: not having a mother, but she obviously has no daughters and hasn't left her ex-husband, so I'm more taking it as the overall feeling I'm getting which is mostly pretty sad.

3lfQEhw.png

The thread's been moved to the Violet section, sorry about that! I have the section locked until release in case anything leaked, but it seems this was uploaded to Spotify NZ, so it was officially released somewhere.

That being said, just a friendly reminder to PLEASE not ask, post, nor send any unauthorized, illegal streams/download rips of this copyrighted material. Please only link to authorized retailers/streams for Violet.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This is surprisingly extremely sad and beautiful. Not expecting this level of quality poetry and delivery. If this is how the whole audiobook is going to be, quality wise, I won't even care if she does not release COCC for the next couple of months

I feel you. This feels like a whole ass album, and the quality...  :flutter:

Also, on the debate of the "Zac" wording, perhaps she means Prozac (antidepressant)? I feel like it could make sense here since Prozac can cause sleep issues and she references not being able to sleep x

Oh my fucking god  :gclap: Amazing. This feels so much like a poetic letter, instead of a poem (which is obviously the intention, I think).

The only part I didn't like was

"And I love that you love the neon lights like me

Orange in the distance
We both love that
And I love that we have that in common"

Very redundant, plus I don't think it adds anything.

But the rest is on fire.

Actually I saw this as a bit of a reference to her lyrics in Peace - Wake up each night at the same time, roll up the blind and look outside, and in the orange light the fog is rising 

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

“And I'm writing from the Golden Gate Bridge

But it's not going as I planned“

Shit. I know exactly what this means because I know what it feels like to be in this position. I am just like Lana.

The darkness of that part hit me.

I think it's 'sax' - she says "I sold my life rights for a big cheque" which (if autobiographical) would be selling out her music for the image of Lana del Rey.

Terrance Loves You (and other parts of Honeymoon like Art Deco) has saxophone paired with the line "But I've still got jazz when I've got the blues", maybe signifying that she takes refuge in her love of music (particularly jazz which is so prominent in New York, of which sax is a staple). So by selling her namesake, she now 'can't sleep at night' because she knows fame will end eventually and she can't be wholly authentic anymore.

Also, sax then comes in and plays in the next poem she reads. 

Obviously as I just said I'm not sure if we can take anything as actually her life and we can just wait for the book sooo n e wayyy

3lfQEhw.png

Also, one more thing. This picture she posted on her instagram with the caption "LA Who am I to Love You" perfectly captures this poem. I know her book will include some of her original photography, but I wonder if this picture may be included as well to supplement this poem. I wonder if this picture was taken around the time she wrote the poem.

Also, when she first posted a picture from this day in 2018 with Ben, the caption was "LA-->SAN FRAN" 

"I'm lonely, LA, can I come home now?
I left my city for San Francisco
And I'm writing from the Golden Gate Bridge
But it's not going as I planned
I took a freeride off a billionaire('s jet) and brought my typewriter and promised myself that I would stay but
It's just not going the way that I thought"

'LA who am I to love u'

'LA-->SAN FRAN'

Also, on the debate of the "Zac" wording, perhaps she means Prozac (antidepressant)? I feel like it could make sense here since Prozac can cause sleep issues and she references not being able to sleep x

Actually I saw this as a bit of a reference to her lyrics in Peace - Wake up each night at the same time, roll up the blind and look outside, and in the orange light the fog is rising 

Or Xanax (Xacs? Xa'x?)

Idk

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream