Dominikx4

LA Who Am I To Love You

Also, on the debate of the "Zac" wording, perhaps she means Prozac (antidepressant)? I feel like it could make sense here since Prozac can cause sleep issues and she references not being able to sleep x

Actually I saw this as a bit of a reference to her lyrics in Peace - Wake up each night at the same time, roll up the blind and look outside, and in the orange light the fog is rising 

I have always suspected that Lana is bipolar so perhaps she is referring to Prozac. It is the go to medication for bipolar disorder

The darkness of that part hit me.

When Lana writes about her darkness, I see her and I understand her. I have that same darkness and pain too. She describes everything that I feel.

Honestly, Lana would not have to explain this poem for me to understand it. I know what she is talking about because I have lived these emotions. I know what it is to be emotionally neglected. I have never been taken seriously so when Lana writes about this, I take her very seriously. I get it.

she's on fire. Lanas writing didn't rip out my heart like this in a long time

im so sad for her. that trauma of getting sent to boarding school after becoming addicted to alcohol where u get possible groomed by ur teacher can't be anything easy, its understandable why her adolescence is such a heart wound

And this shit one deals with as a child, it comes with you into adulthood. So much of my childhood trauma still haunts me. I see Lana. I understand Lana. And I accept Lana. Why? Because no one has accepted me so I feel the same pain Lana feels.

No idea, but the way she repeats that question across the poem kills me  :crai:

For some reason with her writing about the concept of a home, I thought of the U2 song “Walk On” because there is a line in there that says “home, hard to know what it is if you never had one.” But that’s just a favorite song on mine and I guess I was reminded of it.

Also on Born to Die Lana sings “ Can you make it feel like home if I tell you you're mine?”.

This concept of “home” is something that Lana desires because she has never had it. And since this poem is about LA, it’s important to note that LA has a big homeless population. Lana has a house, but maybe she has metaphorically always felt “homeless”.

And now I think of another line from another U2 song (Sometimes You can’t make it on Your Own) that says “A house doesn’t make a home. Don’t leave me here alone”.

Lana has so much inside of her. But damn, I do feel it too!

For some reason with her writing about the concept of a home, I thought of the U2 song “Walk On” because there is a line in there that says “home, hard to know what it is if you never had one.” But that’s just a favorite song on mine and I guess I was reminded of it.

Also on Born to Die Lana sings “ Can you make it feel like home if I tell you you're mine?”.

This concept of “home” is something that Lana desires because she has never had it. And since this poem is about LA, it’s important to note that LA has a big homeless population. Lana has a house, but maybe she has metaphorically always felt “homeless”.

And now I think of another line from another U2 song (Sometimes You can’t make it on Your Own) that says “A house doesn’t make a home. Don’t leave me here alone”.

I get the feeling from this )speculation: take with a grain of salt) that she lacks the maternal love in her life , that through being nurtured and cared for, you take with you everywhere you go even after they pass. Lana says she's never had that, and I believe her. That makes it harder to feel at home no matter which mansion you buy. Unless you heal your emotions around that wound you take that feeling of unwelcome everywhere

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Wait, maybe "can I come home now?" is just to show her desperation for a home? She's described herself as a "chameleon soul", mentioned that she tried to find her people but never did, she moved to LA but didn't feel like she belonged there at first... Maybe she's still trying to fit in and find a place where she's accepted, find people who care for her. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I promise you'll barely even notice me

Unless you want to notice me

Unless you prefer a rambunctious child

In which case, I can turn it on, too

when the instrumentation swells right here  :mj3:  :defeated:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I know what you mean! I do feel it too, unfortunately.

When I read the poem, I also thought of that Arctic Monkeys' song Old Yellow Bricks because they ask "who wants to sleep in the city that never wakes up?", and it's very focused on the idea of wanting to run away for the sake of running away but also wanting to go "home". But I think your words are a better fit!

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I promise you'll barely even notice me

Unless you want to notice me

Unless you prefer a rambunctious child

In which case, I can turn it on, too

this part and her tone reminds me so much of a 1950s housewife or even charlotte haze from the book "Lolita". it's the desperation and need for the man's love and it breaks my heart

Ok, pure speculation here but:

Lana was an alcoholic in her teens. Maybe Patty, her mom, had heard that it's important to change the environment of addicts and proposed that they'd send her to boarding school. Maybe her mom was more persistent on the idea that it was the best thing for her daughter and Lana couldn't forgive her for sending her away. "Can I come home now?" "No." There's maybe some deeper things going on too.

Maybe my mind is spiraling and is making up a fan fiction story, I dunno.

Or maybe it's just "Can I come home now?" as in desperately wanting a comforting place to live.

I'll stop now lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I like the songs you referenced. To me this poem screams Under the Bridge by RHCP. While the song is mostly about drug abuse, it also creates this relationship between narrator and city.

So either way, I'll fit in just fine

So just love me by doing nothing

And perhaps by not shaking the county line

I'm yours if you'll have me, but regardless

You're mine

1st verse Under the Bridge:

Sometimes I feel like my only friend

Is the city I live in, the city of angels

Lonely as I am, together we cry

I drive on her streets 'cause she's my companion

I walk through her hills 'cause she knows who I am

She sees my good deeds and she kisses me windy

Well, I never worry, now that is a lie

:crai:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I like the songs you referenced. To me this poem screams Under the Bridge by RHCP. While the song is mostly about drug abuse, it also creates this relationship between narrator and city.

1st verse Under the Bridge:

:crai:

Yeah, anthony had a lot of issues with addiction.

So has Lana as she is a recovering alcoholic.