Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Elle

My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There Are Children at the Foot of My Bed

Recommended Posts

On 10/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, TheBoss said:

I was listening to this the other day after Wildflower Wildfire and started thinking, is this another dig at Rob's wife? :hooker:

Doubt it tho. It doesn’t read as that, imo, it reads as someone who was hurt by a lover, that they hurt her, left and then put the blame on her/made her look like the villain.

Some parts I could see why someone would think the way you did, but this line, imo, strongly implies this is directed @ an ex: The less I will fall into being with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2021 at 8:36 AM, TheBoss said:

I was listening to this the other day after Wildflower Wildfire and started thinking, is this another dig at Rob's wife? :hooker:

 

Although I'm pretty sure it's not, I can relate to the first half being about someone family related. Might use this poem and send part of it to said person to finally release her from my life entirely. 


giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2021 at 11:28 PM, Yosemite said:

Doubt it tho. It doesn’t read as that, imo, it reads as someone who was hurt by a lover, that they hurt her, left and then put the blame on her/made her look like the villain.

Some parts I could see why someone would think the way you did, but this line, imo, strongly implies this is directed @ an ex: The less I will fall into being with you

 

24 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

 

Although I'm pretty sure it's not, I can relate to the first half being about someone family related. Might use this poem and send part of it to said person to finally release her from my life entirely. 

 

Actually to me it makes sense given the title "My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There Are Children at the Foot of My Bed", meaning she will never get to have that connection/relationship with her mother like she once had (as a child), but yeah it's kind of a reach lol Idk I expressed my idea correctly :crai:


8nl2OpX.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheBoss said:

 

 

Actually to me it makes sense given the title "My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There Are Children at the Foot of My Bed", meaning she will never get to have that connection/relationship with her mother like she once had (as a child), but yeah it's kind of a reach lol Idk I expressed my idea correctly :crai:

No, no, you def did! I got your point 100%, the first two stanzas could be abt her mother, if the others were written differently, imo.

Either way, we can't be sure of anything unless she herself explains it, so your point is def valid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An excerpt of the audiobook version of this poem is beginning to go viral on TikTok! There's been nearly 800 videos made, with 500 of those been made in just the past 24 hours, so it's just beginning to take off.

 

 

@hot.girl.diary my bath routine #coquette #pinkaesthetic ♬ som original - lana del rey
@makeupbysarahgt But I do 🙏🏼🔮🌙🧚 #makeupartist #celestialmakeup #moonphases ♬ som original - lana del rey

Aside from videos just using it as an aesthetic audio, there's also a trend beginning where people fill in the following exerpt with whatever applies to them:

"You told me I didn’t know who I was,

But I do.

I love ________

I ________ every time ________

I love ________

And if you asked ________ to describe the first thing ___ thinks of when ___ thinks of me,

___ would say '________'

 

 

@ladybugluvr3 #greenscreenvideo ♬ som original - lana del rey
@laylanoble

this makes me see myself differently

♬ som original - lana del rey

 

 

I'm here for the trend/virality. This is my favourite poem from Violet and I think it's so captivating and just a gorgeous piece of writing and thought that I really relate to personally. Violet in general deserves more appreciation x


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Elle said:

An excerpt of the audiobook version of this poem is beginning to go viral on TikTok! There's been nearly 800 videos made, with 500 of those been made in just the past 24 hours, so it's just beginning to take off.


Over 1000 new videos since this post! x


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2022 at 1:16 AM, Elle said:


Over 1000 new videos since this post! x


2 weeks later and there’s now over 18,000 videos made! A hit poem! x


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...