Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Paradise is Very Fragile

"My friends tell me to stop calling 911 on the culture,

but it’s either that or I 5150 myself."

This gives me The Greatest/"Kanye West is blonde and gone" vibes instead of Lana's Instagram posts from May vibes or at least that's what I hope she meant by this

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

"My friends tell me to stop calling 911 on the culture,

but it’s either that or I 5150 myself."

This gives me The Greatest/"Kanye West is blonde and gone" vibes instead of Lana's Instagram posts from May vibes or at least that's what I hope she meant by this

yeah also Kanye recently tweeted about 5150 lmao

and all the stuff about big dreams and wanting to change the... uhm.. culture

i wonder if she's being hyperbolic or there's something serious going on

also, all these mentions of people calling her 'crazy' hit different now

I wouldn't be surprised if something crazy is actually going on. All fo this must've affected her horribly. She always writes about real experiences. 

what's wrong about this culture thing? genuine question, english it's not my first language so maybe here we give another interpretation to the word, because i don't really understand what's so bad about it

I think the problem is that culture can be used for any set of habits or standards inside a society or field (I know these are not the right words but I hope you understand?), so instead of more broad things like politics or culture as a whole like the Kanye West situation this can also refer to the times in May when she called out the music industry for always being rough on her unlike the way they treated other singers

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

So this is the ultimate rebuttal of everything America has become under Trump. We have a President who denies climate change and does not even try to unite the country.

Lana sees America has being fragile. We think of our nation as strong, but we are only one incompetent leader away from being a mess which is certainly the case now.

Lana sees what is really going on. She can speak out about it but if she doesn’t then Trump prevails plus Lana ends up in the psychiatric ward. Kind of reminds me of when Lana called out Kanye for backing Trump. She said that a Trump winning was a loss for the country but active support for him was a loss for the culture.

Lana believes in an America that lives up to its promise.

Then there are the biblical references about Adam and Eve; when we take and take, we destroy the paradise that we can have.

All in all, Lana is challenging Trump’s populism and this culture of greed that has been holding society back.

5150 line hits a bit too close 2 home lolll, I like this one though. feels like she's either finally understanding or finally showing that she understands that her little aesthetic was a dream. "her" America was a dream. paradise is coming crashing down, it is literally burning to the ground for her. where is she to go, an orphan without a home? an orphan without the strong redwood trees to stabilize her. an orphan with an ocean that was once a place of peace, littered with trash. her world is falling apart. the curtain is pushed back, the blindfold is off. she has to wake up to what is happening and what has been happening and what she has been ignorant to. beautiful poem

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

5150 line hits a bit too close 2 home lolll, I like this one though. feels like she's either finally understanding or finally showing that she understands that her little aesthetic was a dream. "her" America was a dream. paradise is coming crashing down, it is literally burning to the ground for her. where is she to go, an orphan without a home? an orphan without the strong redwood trees to stabilize her. an orphan with an ocean that was once a place of peace, littered with trash. her world is falling apart. the curtain is pushed back, the blindfold is off. she has to wake up to what is happening and what has been happening and what she has been ignorant to. beautiful poem

It's kind of like "The Greatest" in how she captures the state of America. Hope we are all inspired to go out and vote!