Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

So after the Violet LP that I ordered from her US store that was supposed to be cream and I got that transparent clear one as a surprise instead, I ordered 2 extra copies of the clear. And they finally arrived today. And they are both the UK/EU cream vinyl... Made in the EU and same barcode as the one ordered from the UK store. I can't believe they are actually saying the vinyl is transparent now but they are sending cream...:flop:

Did anyone buy and get a transparent/clear violet LP from her US store?

1 minute ago, SouthInGuy said:

So after the Violet LP that I ordered from her US store that was supposed to be cream and I got that transparent clear one as a surprise instead, I ordered 2 extra copies of the clear. And they finally arrived today. And they are both the UK/EU cream vinyl... Made in the EU and same barcode as the one ordered from the UK store. I can't believe they are actually saying the vinyl is transparent now but they are sending cream...:flop:

still waiting for mine, but i did screenshot the website claiming its transparent and archived the page on waybackmachine the day i ordered it so i can file a paypal claim if it happens to be cream colored 

image.png

Violet was the only album I didn’t get a black vinyl copy of because I felt the picture disc and cream vinyl were enough, but it was bugging me for a long time, so on Sunday I finally ordered a black copy from her uk store and idk how but it arrived today.... that was so fast. I paid for the cheapest shipping too plus everything ships extra slow right now. I’m grateful but it’s so weird.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

On 1/21/2021 at 11:50 PM, SouthInGuy said:

lol i got the cream version too... again.

gonna demand a refund or ill fail a paypal claim. how can they be so very incomepetent to list it as cream for months before realizing its wrong, then changing it to transparent after theyre selling the actual cream presisng?

edit: im screaming, they changed the color of the transparent vinyl back to cream on shoplanadelrey.com, theyre such fucking clowns

image.png

2 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

gonna demand a refund or ill fail a paypal claim. how can they be so very incomepetent to list it as cream for months before realizing its wrong, then changing it to transparent after theyre selling the actual cream presisng?

edit: im screaming, they changed the color of the transparent vinyl back to cream on shoplanadelrey.com, theyre such fucking clowns

UGH. What a mess. I haven’t yet but I should try to get a refund too. I really just wanted another clear. 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:50 AM, SouthInGuy said:

Most of ppl who ordered after November they got a cream one instead of clear

I ordered before and got the clear 

:smile3:

3 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

Cant believe i just checked the website and they literally removed the word “transparent” i swear to god it was written on the description for months i saw it by my own damn eyes

:smile3:

11 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

Cant believe i just checked the website and they literally removed the word “transparent” i swear to god it was written on the description for months i saw it by my own damn eyes

yup, i already suspected they were gonna fuck this up so i archived the product page on wayback so i can claim my money on paypal. clairovoyance is a gift!

https://web.archive.org/web/20201214151331if_/https:/shoplanadelrey.com/products/violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-exclusive-vinyl?variant=32757729820771

image.png

I started listening to Grouper recently and immediately thought of the instrumentals to violet so I wonder if Lana or Jack were inspired by them when creating the audiobook 

Like the intro to this sounds just like the beginning of LA Who Am I To Love You:

and this song bears shades of the instrumental to Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving:

idk whether coincidence or intentional Grouper makes great music and I would love to see Lana work with her for a future audiobook :flutter:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

On 1/29/2021 at 11:54 AM, Dominikx4 said:

so at least i am getting refunded and i dont have to ship it back lmao

still sucks, i really want the transparent copy

image.png

I love Bare Feet on Linoleum but it gives me extreme anxiety. I listen to this almost every night and I tend to fall asleep during Sportcruiser and wake up during Bare Feet in an extreme panic. I’ve tried listening to it during the day in hopes that it would get better but so far nothing. I think it’s the background music. Anyone else? 

9 hours ago, gatadelrey said:

I love Bare Feet on Linoleum but it gives me extreme anxiety. I listen to this almost every night and I tend to fall asleep during Sportcruiser and wake up during Bare Feet in an extreme panic. I’ve tried listening to it during the day in hopes that it would get better but so far nothing. I think it’s the background music. Anyone else? 

yeah, i used to get very nervous and anxious as well. but it has stoppes for me after listening to it on loop

image.png

Sorry to barge in, but was this already discussed?

Every blade of grass has its Angel that bends over it and whispers, "Grow, grow."

- The Talmud.

I've encountered this quote in Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way book. I think LDR mentioned - or alluded to - doing the morning pages, too. You guys think she did The Artist's Way?.. (it's a 12-week "unblocking" program for blocked artists - but really, more than that, it teaches you the process of being an artist. Also, Julia Cameron is a darling and a sweetheart:flutter:

I still listen to this everyday. It’s pretty much a part of me now. I just can’t get over how special this is and I’m still frustrated that even other spoken word albums are nothing like it. I remember watching the Ride music video years ago and thinking that I’d love a whole album from her of dramatic Valley of the Dolls style monologues, but it never seemed like a realistic possibility. It still feels like a dream having, like I’m gonna wake up and realize I imagined this project. Part of why I’m so excited for Iron Gates is because of how much I adore Violet. I’m so grateful Lana decided to do spoken word accompaniments for her poetry books.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I love Violet so much. I have the audiobook on vinyl and the book itself, so sometimes, I play the record while I'm reading the book and let lana read the poems to me 

imageproxy.jpg