Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

11 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

This album sonically gives me such strong Twin Peaks vibes, like moreso than any of her other albums. I can’t wait for the instrumentals to leak someday. :pray2:

I really hope they leak, they're sooo good! It should've been a double LP release, one with the instrumentals :defeated:

Is there anywhere I can physically buy this? I'm so annoyed bc the copy I bought on Apple Books can't be added to my Music library, where I would want this. Do they sell CDs that I can import to my music library? I hate the UI of Apple Books, espc. since Lana's team didn't take the time to label the chapters with the poem names so it just says "track 1, track 2, track 3..."

Dumb. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

Is there anywhere I can physically buy this? I'm so annoyed bc the copy I bought on Apple Books can't be added to my Music library, where I would want this. Do they sell CDs that I can import to my music library? I hate the UI of Apple Books, espc. since Lana's team didn't take the time to label the chapters with the poem names so it just says "track 1, track 2, track 3..."

Dumb. 

There’s a way to import it from Apple Books to your Music Library on Mac! 

What I did was copy Violet from Apple Books to my Mac’s desktop, and then I changed the file’s extension from m4b to m4a. Because it is protected, you can’t change it internally, but the name of the file will be “Track 1.m4b” — and I just changed the name to “Track 1.m4a”.

Then, I could easily import it into my Music Library since it was an m4a file, and could simply adjust the starting and stopping timestamps to sync with each poem’s length. However, because it imports as one long 40 min track and not by each poem individually, I had to adjust the track to LA Who Am I to Love You’s length and starting and stopping timestamps and then go back and add the 40 min track again but this time adjust it to The Land of 1,000 Fires’s length and starting and stopping timestamps, and so on with the other poems. Just remember that each timestamp is relative to the poem that came before it!

Hope it works out! :) 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

What I did was copy Violet from Apple Books to my Mac’s desktop, and then I changed the file’s extension from m4b to m4a. Because it is protected, you can’t change it internally, but the name of the file will be “Track 1.m4b” and I just changed the name to “Track 1.m4a”.

Then, I could easily import it into my Music Library since it was an m4a file, and simply adjust the starting and stopping timestamps to sync with each poem’s length. However, because it imports as one long 40 min track and not by each poem individually, I had to adjust the track to LA Who Am I to Love You’s length and starting and stopping timestamps and then go back and add the 40 min track again but this time adjust it to The Land of 1,000 Fires’s length and starting and stopping timestamps, and so on with the other poems. Just remember that each timestamp is relative to the poem that came before it!

Trying it now, thank you!

31 minutes ago, Mer said:

Dumb. 

There is a CD on her store, it’s what I used to import it to my music library - https://store.universalmusic.com/lanadelrey/*/*/Violet-Bent-Backwards-Over-The-Grass-CD/6L460000000

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

30 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

What I did was copy Violet from Apple Books to my Mac’s desktop, and then I changed the file’s extension from m4b to m4a. Because it is protected, you can’t change it internally, but the name of the file will be “Track 1.m4b” — and I just changed the name to “Track 1.m4a”.

Then, I could easily import it into my Music Library since it was an m4a file, and could simply adjust the starting and stopping timestamps to sync with each poem’s length. However, because it imports as one long 40 min track and not by each poem individually, I had to adjust the track to LA Who Am I to Love You’s length and starting and stopping timestamps and then go back and add the 40 min track again but this time adjust it to The Land of 1,000 Fires’s length and starting and stopping timestamps, and so on with the other poems. Just remember that each timestamp is relative to the poem that came before it!

It worked...mostly. Stop times are ignored...so each track starts when it's supposed to, but continues to play through the whole 39 mins after the start time was set. Not sure if it's a bug or a sync thing that ignores the stop times I set...

And thank you @Elle will see if they ship to my region!

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

It worked...mostly. Stop times are ignored...so each track starts when it's supposed to, but continues to play through the whole 39 mins after the start time was set. Not sure if it's a bug or a sync thing that ignores the stop times I set...

And thank you @Elle will see if they ship to my region!

Oh that’s too bad! Mine stops and flows right into the next track so hopefully it’s a bug that resolves itself. Maybe a CD will be your best bet after all lol 

ummm....WHERE IS THE INTRUMENTALS OF THIS MASTERPIECE? Lana? 

Like she can release something like "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (Ambient Edition)"  on spotify tho.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, nectarofthegodss said:

What's your favourite track from Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass?

Paradise is Very Fragile and Quiet Waiter - Blue Forever

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.