Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

July 28th, 2020: Lana Del Rey's spoken word poetry album / audiobook 'Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass' has been released worldwide.

The audiobook contains 14 out of 30 of the upcoming hardcover book's poems with music accompanied by Jack Antonoff, the producer of Lana's previous album 'Norman Fucking Rockwell'

50092303462_332bcb805b_o.jpg

Audible ● iBooks ● Physical

“'Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass' is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.” (Lana Del Rey) 

Tracklist:

1. LA WHO AM I TO LOVE YOU

2. THE LAND OF 1,000 FIRES

3. VIOLET BENT BACKWARDS OVER THE GRASS

4. PAST THE BUSHES CYPRESS THRIVING

5. SALAMANDER

6. NEVER TO HEAVEN

7. SPORTCRUISER

8. TESSA DIPIETRO

9. QUIET WAITER BLUE FOREVER

10. WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I LEFT YOU

11. HAPPY

12. MY BEDROOM IS A SACRED PLACE NOW - THERE ARE CHILDREN AT THE FOOT OF MY BED

13. PARADISE IS VERY FRAGILE

14. BARE FEET ON LINOLEUM

Share your thoughts on the new record below!

Read the Pre-Release Thread

(Those who request a free, illegal download link to the new album will receive a Warning Point. Those who post illegal direct download links to the album will be banned. Please respect Lana & her art!)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Listening now....LA is so much better than I thought it would be, oh my god... this is Joan Didion meets Sylvia Plath type shit

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

sorry i'm a bit slow: so only LA... is gonna be uploaded to Apple Music/Spotfy as a single? Not the whole album, yes? 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

sorry i'm a bit slow: so only LA... is gonna be uploaded to Apple Music/Spotfy as a single? Not the whole album, yes? 

Yes. This is a literary work being published by a bookseller and they don't want to put it all on streaming

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

omfg the last minute of LA 

I'm already pumped as all hell to listen through the whole thing. Her speaking voice is like pure velvet.

(Also, one of my favorite things about a release of a project of hers is the discussion it spurs. It's always thought-provoking to read what everyone has to say about it, so I'm looking forward to it  :wub: )

its still not available on Audible in my country...I thought it would be out globally at 12am EST 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

The Land of 1,000 Fires is giving me space witchcraft vibes

Fuck audible. I’m so mad.

It's on iBooks. Try that?