Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

i finally heard it :defeated: the whole time i just kept thinking “oh wow, there she is” :oprah2: :oprah:

i’m gonna go to sleep i can’t wait for Lana to hopefully mention it tomorrow, i wish she would go on ig live or something even if just for a few minutes i miss her :defeated:

UbsOye5.png

I am very curious to see how the critics react to this; she's very sensitive to criticism and all of this shit is very personal so idk how she will react if it's poorly received.

Tbh, I fear that it may be poorly received despite her prefacing that it's not by-the-book poetry. Some of it comes off as just ranting prose, and idk how critics are going to ... critique that.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It doesn't play or download for me. It says "Our records show that you do not own this product yet"  :facepalm: 

Make it make sense.

That doesn't make any sense...hope that it works for you soon. Do you use the App??.. You can download one audiobook for free ...so you have one credit if you know what I mean... but after Violet was in my library the credit was gone..which makes sense bc I bought it...so if you still have that credit it seems like sth went wrong and maybe you can buy it (again) but otherwise idk...maybe it helps if you uninstall it and install again / or wait a few minutes again and keep refreshing ....I'm not a native English speaker and not the best at explaining things but I hope you know what I meant

For me, it works (thank god)  at least the first poem(haven't checked the others yet)

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

I tried getting it on audible. On Amazon.

Even got the app..

The book isnt available on the app...

I cant find it anywhere.

Got a free trial..

When I go to amazon and click audible version Listen now it redirects to the app..

That doesn't make any sense...hope that it works for you soon. Do you use the App??.. You can download one audiobook for free ...so you have one credit if you know what I mean... but after Violet was in my library the credit was gone..which makes sense bc I bought it...so if you still have that credit it seems like sth went wrong and maybe you can buy it (again) but otherwise idk...maybe it helps if you uninstall it and install again / or wait a few minutes again and keep refreshing ....I'm not a native English speaker and not the best at explaining things but I hope you know what I meant

For me, it works (thank god)  at least the first poem(haven't checked the others yet)

I'm talking to a tech person on Audible to see what's the problem. Thanks. 

I am very curious to see how the critics react to this; she's very sensitive to criticism and all of this shit is very personal so idk how she will react if it's poorly received.

Tbh, I fear that it may be poorly received despite her prefacing that it's not by-the-book poetry. Some of it comes off as just ranting prose, and idk how critics are going to ... critique that.

As posted a page earlier, the first review is very positive: https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/lana-del-rey-violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-review

I have chills...

"Paradise Is Very Fragile" alluding back to the paradise album & tropico film sent me...

even mentioning the green and gold... "this summer night, you in front of me (..) you take and you take and you take" part then the siren starts omfg omfg I wanna die to this part. 

"Bare Feet on Linoleum" wow, this gives me black mirror vibes, maybe alluding to the criticism yet also the inundation of fans like myself saying how they love her stories; "relevant stories, your stories are captivating" & her intricate songs/stories.. so many questions (GOD this one is so haunting im IN LOVE)

noone forces u to buy the cd tho when u can buy the digital version for less than half that price?

And that's where the problem's at: The only place to buy it in my country is if I'd get it through the apple store. It's not on Audible or anything

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I just finished listening and it was so beautiful. Salamander and Quiet Waiter Blue Forever are my favourite poems, but there’s not one that I don’t like. Sportcruiser broke my heart... She opened so much on this one. It doesn’t even feel like a poem, it feels like a letter she wrote to someone. She’s sharing with us her most intimate thoughts and experiences. I can’t wait to read the book!

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

What a beautiful project, just finished it and I'm in love.

LA, Sportcruiser, the land of 1000 fires, bare feet on linoleum, paradise is very fragile, past the bushes cypress thriving and salamander are my absolute favourites, but really all of these poems are beautiful. Lana's speaking voice is already a win and her delivery is top notch, jack's instrumentals fit each poem SO WELL, the atmosphere created for each one is just amazing. Creepy and hipnotic, mysterious and glamourous, sunny and mellow, natural and true, sad and even ethereal in some parts, really; an amazing body of work.  :legend:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***