Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

I’ll definitely have to listen through it a few more times to have a conclusive favorite but I am particular to LA who am i to love you. It’s incredibly heartbreaking and relatable. And Sportcruiser is absolutely beautiful

How do you all feel about Bare Feet on Linoleum? It was a very intense listen for me  :defeated: her tone of voice, the background voices, and the instrumental were terrifying lol but in a weird way I still like it.

mypictr_380x225-7.png

Omg I order the physical and the vinyl but have managed to still be unable to listen/read them yet oop, I’m just gonna have to join audible for that free audiobook tomorrow (use code yayo for a discount)(that’s a lie) but I’m actually gonna do that tomorrow, it looks like IM MISSING OUT AND IM STRESSING

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Omg where can i Listen to it? I just bought "la who am i to love you" and i thought i could download the album but no.

The CD comes out in october. I am dying Here. I Need it on my Phone now.

Someone help

It’s on Apple Books for $7.99

Help I can’t stop listening

Sorry I read it quickly and I thought you were still trying to download lol.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it  :kiss2:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

one of the things i'm most impressed by is lana's reading of her poems– her pacing, pauses, intonations. makes sense to me that she'd be good at reading her work aloud bc of her musicianship, but she really managed to squeeze every drop of feeling from these readings. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Hopefully the instrumentals leak..they are beautiful and Jack did a really good job.....or imagine Lana would release the instrumentals  :teehee: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: