Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

Same here, I got the cancellation notice for the tape deck order but it only says 1 cassette got canceled... Under my order on the site it still says 1 cassette coming. My credit card never got charged so there isn't a refund. 

also i noticed that the prices of all the bundles went down by 10 euros, so i guess the 2nd cassette was supposed to be some kind of pre-order surprise bonus or something? now the bundles arent as overpriced as they used to be, at least

image.png

My cassette was cancelled & refunded from my Collector’s Edition order :noparty: boooo x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

My cassette was cancelled & refunded from my Collector’s Edition order :noparty: boooo x

you should still have 1 in your order! every bundle contained an extra cassette, at least in the european store

image.png

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

you should still have 1 in your order! every bundle contained an extra cassette, at least in the european store

Oh, you’re right! I just went back and checked the receipt from the order where it lists its contents. I didn’t even realise it was meant to contain two. Party back on then :party:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I've contacted the store and asked for a refund, I originally pre-ordered the analogue bundle with 2 cassettes and it was £39.95. I have the PayPal receipt, yet now on my order history it's showing up as £31.95... But I never received an £8 refund from the store.

Yep, just chiming in to say that one of the cassettes were canceled from my Tape Deck bundle also ? I haven't seen a refund for the additional cassette tho. I'm guessing there were plans for 2 different colors and that fell through.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

is there a thread for similarities between songs and poems on Norman and Violet? because recently i did a thing where i put the songs and poems in a playlist together, alternating between the two (for example: la, who am i to love you? and norman fucking rockwell! / hope is a dangerous thing and bare feet on linoleum) and i was very surprised at how many similarities there were between the corresponding tracks on the playlist. i would totally be down to make a list of them soon if no one else has done it, yet.

giphy.gif

I see a lot of confusion over the line “I never really had a mother”. I think it’s important to remember that you can know and love the woman who birthed you, but still feel like you never had a motherly figure in you’re life. 

I relate to this line a lot, bc I love the woman I call “maman”—and she is my partner in crime; but she was never a motherly figure. I learned from a very young age that I was more mature than she was, and things that mildly upset me were devastating for her. So I never could seek that solace in her one attributes to a mother...and I have spent 20 years looking for a “mom”. Even though I adore my real mother and would do anything for her, I never really had a mother either. 

It’s just that, things aren’t so black and white. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

13 hours ago, fucksforever said:

is there a thread for similarities between songs and poems on Norman and Violet? because recently i did a thing where i put the songs and poems in a playlist together, alternating between the two (for example: la, who am i to love you? and norman fucking rockwell! / hope is a dangerous thing and bare feet on linoleum) and i was very surprised at how many similarities there were between the corresponding tracks on the playlist. i would totally be down to make a list of them soon if no one else has done it, yet.

Could you post your list? I'd love to listen to Violet interspersed with NFR 

19 minutes ago, LittleLizzyCookies said:

I'll do something between tonight and tomorrow depending on whether she drops COCC! if she does, it might take me a couple days, but i promise I'll have it up!

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, LittleLizzyCookies said:

wait, were you talking about the playlist order or the list of similarities??? because i can give you the playlist order right now if you need.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, fucksforever said:

wait, were you talking about the playlist order or the list of similarities??? because i can give you the playlist order right now if you need.

I just meant the playlist order haha. But the list of similarities would be great too.

Hey guys so I found something pretty interesting. All of Lana's poems were registered on PPL today. The only poem that was registered before the rest was LA Who Am I To Love You and that was the only poem uploaded to streaming services. Possibly in the future VBBOTG will have an official release once the book is released along with videos for each poem? That's what I'm leaning towards since it makes sense, to me at least. 

Quite a good write up in The Quietus.

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass is one of the most fully formed albums she has put out. Yes, some of the rhymes are clunky and a tad juvenile, but there is a sort of elegance to them. Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass is the album I’ve always wanted Del Rey to make. It’s brave, in a naïve way, and filled with some of glorious subtle backing tracks. This is an album that will appear to the hardcore members of the Cult of Del Rey, but there are plenty of highs for casual fans. Del Rey ends the album with the line “People love my stories. People love visions”. And she’s right. They’ll love this too."

https://thequietus.com/articles/28875-lana-del-rey-violet-bent-backwards-over-the-grass-review

3lfQEhw.png

On 9/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, LittleLizzyCookies said:

I just meant the playlist order haha. But the list of similarities would be great too.

1. LA, Who Am I To Love You?

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell

3. The Land of 1000 Fires

4. Mariners Apartment Complex

5. Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass

6. Venice Bitch

7. Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving

8. Fuck It I Love You

9. Salamander

10. Doin' Time

11. Never To Heaven

12. Love Song

13. Sportcruiser

14. Cinnamon Girl

15. Tessa DiPietro

16. How To Disappear

17. Quiet Waiter - Blue Forever

18. California

19. What Happened When I Left You

20. The Next Best American Record

21. Happy

22. The Greatest

23. My Bedroom Is a Sacred Place Now - There Are Children at the Foot of My Bed

24. Bartender

25. Paradise Is Very Fragile

26. Happiness Is A Butterfly

27. Bare Feet On Linoleum

28. Hope Is a Dangerous Thing For a Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It

giphy.gif

On 7/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, 5adboy said:

It sounds so good played with NFR! What a cohesive body of work Lana, can't wait for Chemtrails

18acfc0b966a32ce8c862a441ba4f92593d28f98

How did you manage to get it into Apple Music? I can’t get the purchased files off of iBooks!

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

1 hour ago, Mer Boy said:

How did you manage to get it into Apple Music? I can’t get the purchased files off of iBooks!

same, I haven't listened to it since the first time purely for this reason :defeated:

nice cocc bro