Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

1 hour ago, Mer Boy said:

How did you manage to get it into Apple Music? I can’t get the purchased files off of iBooks!

34 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

same, I haven't listened to it since the first time purely for this reason :defeated:

First you could try under “Get Info->Options->media kind->music“. If that doesn’t work, there are two other ways:

1) get the audible files and follow this instruction:

2) convert the audiobook files to mp3 and transfer them like songs into your music library. here‘s an article for that

hope it works for you, cause it really elevate’s the nfr/violet experience 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Just realizing now after Lana referred to her kittens as her children that the line “there are children at the end of my bed telling me stories about the friends that they pretend to hate that they will make up with later” is probably about her cats. And it makes so much sense too. Cats are always fighting and pretending to hate each other, then making up later. That’s exactly how I’d describe cats interacting lol.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Last night I was trying to fall asleep to Violets as I do every night now. SportCruiser came on and I couldn’t help but imagine her trying to fly the plane with her feet up on the dash. :facepalm:

This project really is a masterpiece to me, it is SO beautiful and unique and special. I can't believe how little attention it's gotten, it's one of the best artistic releases of the year. I really am surprised Jack never said a word about it, his music is gorgeous throughout.

I think I’ll finally order the picture disc today. I was waiting for COCC to be released so I could get them together and don’t have to make two trips to pick up the packages but... COCC doesn’t seem to be out before October 2nd so.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Violets is definitely so beautiful and will age like fine wine in the years to come, it gets better with every listen, and i listen to it quite a lot tbh

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Violet is really an important piece of her whole artistic vision, like, we've always heard her talking about becoming a poet and doing what she loves the most!

So now that she finally achieves that we shouldn't treat Violet as something minor or unimportant, in fact, I believe Norman's actual sister is Violet and I'm so looking forward to both Chemtrails and their sibling Behind The Iron Gates!

I can only imagine how good those two would complement each other :wub:

Capture.jpg

2 hours ago, past the bushes said:

Violet is really an important piece of her whole artistic vision, like, we've always heard her talking about becoming a poet and doing what she loves the most!

So now that she finally achieves that we shouldn't treat Violet as something minor or unimportant, in fact, I believe Norman's actual sister is Violet and I'm so looking forward to both Chemtrails and their sibling Behind The Iron Gates!

I can only imagine how good those two would complement each other :wub:

I agree. And I'm sad that her fans havent paid much attention to it. I'm sure they would have loved it if she had turned those poems into songs because they give such a deeper understanding into who she is and how she lives.

7 minutes ago, LittleLizzyCookies said:

Imagine if her first Grammy is for a Spoken Word Album (that would still be great)

Well Violet really deserves it (although I don't know who else was nominated), what's odd is that it could be her first Grammy award while mainly being a singer/songwriter, not even a bad thing! Just interesting.

I'm sure she'll get awarded for an album someday (COTCC AOTY wbk).

Capture.jpg