Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

47 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

guys when are they gunna announce the winner for the signed vinyl? also are they winnerS or one winner?

it’s just one. they usually don’t announce these things publicly but apparently they did the drawing on the 18th according to the rules. 

we did not win :( 

Just curious, but has anyone received their orders from her official store yet? Mine mailed out almost 3 weeks ago and have not arrived yet ? Where are these things coming from? They also don't provide tracking because they mail out via standard postage. I find that strange since I bought around $150 worth of vinyl ?‍♂️ The green variant from France and the blue from Urban Outfitters have both arrived in less time than the vinyl from her official store ?‍♂️

Edit: Apparently they are coming from the UK. So why not provide tracking????

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 hour ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Just curious, but has anyone received their orders from her official store yet? Mine mailed out almost 3 weeks ago and have not arrived yet ? Where are these things coming from? They also don't provide tracking because they mail out via standard postage. I find that strange since I bought around $150 worth of vinyl ?‍♂️ The green variant from France and the blue from Urban Outfitters have both arrived in less time than the vinyl from her official store ?‍♂️

I’m in Canada and I just received mine yesterday! I was also concerned about the fact that no tracking was provided, especially since past orders from her store did provide tracking. Normally that was because Canada Post was delivering it from the UK, but this time they didn’t. I don’t know where you’re based in, but I’m thinking maybe because of COVID there are certain restrictions on some companies when it comes to handling international shipments?

3 hours ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

i got mine yesterday too. In CA in the US. But yeah they shipped from UK for some reason with no tracking! the estimate was pretty spot on 10-14 business days

3 hours ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

yeah i got my shipping notification about 3 weeks ago too but my vinyl still hasn't arrived (i'm in GA in the U.S.). crossing my fingers for sometime this week!

aOaIzH2.gif

4 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m in Canada and I just received mine yesterday! I was also concerned about the fact that no tracking was provided, especially since past orders from her store did provide tracking. Normally that was because Canada Post was delivering it from the UK, but this time they didn’t. I don’t know where you’re based in, but I’m thinking maybe because of COVID there are certain restrictions on some companies when it comes to handling international shipments?

1 hour ago, 99centlips said:

i got mine yesterday too. In CA in the US. But yeah they shipped from UK for some reason with no tracking! the estimate was pretty spot on 10-14 business days

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

yeah i got my shipping notification about 3 weeks ago too but my vinyl still hasn't arrived (i'm in GA in the U.S.). crossing my fingers for sometime this week!

Thanks everyone for replying to me. I'm in Florida and as of today they haven't arrived. At least I know that tracking wasn't provided to anyone and some have received their orders

i had my boyfriend take me to the bookstore on one of our dates just to find the book lmao i got it. they also have cd copies of the audiobook & vinyl too. but i got it and i was so happy and then we went to a farmers market. very Lana thing to do

anyways yall, there’s a poem before the haikus start and i can’t remember the name it’s talking about her 3rd cell phone though and it’s absolutely perfect idk why it wasn’t recorded for the audio book ughhh 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

i had my boyfriend take me to the bookstore on one of our dates just to find the book lmao i got it. they also have cd copies of the audiobook & vinyl too. but i got it and i was so happy and then we went to a farmers market. very Lana thing to do

anyways yall, there’s a poem before the haikus start and i can’t remember the name it’s talking about her 3rd cell phone though and it’s absolutely perfect idk why it wasn’t recorded for the audio book ughhh 

Aw, that sounds like such a nice day! <3 and yesss, the farmer market is so Lana! 

and that poem is called “Ringtone”! I absolutely love it too, I wish she recorded all of the longer poems for the audiobook because they’re all so amazing :wub:

I got my cream vinyl from the Universal store last week but today I got the "cream" I bought from shoplanadelrey dot com and it came on clear vinyl!! A previously unknown variation! It's still listed as cream on that site too, but sold out I wish I had bought two. Did anyone else order from there?

I also ordered a bundle from the Universal store that apparently shipped before the cream vinyl that I am still waiting on... 

2 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

I got my cream vinyl from the Universal store last week but today I got the "cream" I bought from shoplanadelrey dot com and it came on clear vinyl!! A previously unknown variation! It's still listed as cream on that site too, but sold out I wish I had bought two. Did anyone else order from there?

I also ordered a bundle from the Universal store that apparently shipped before the cream vinyl that I am still waiting on... 

seriously? that's kinda awesome!

Well shit, that clear variation is amazing, but sucks ass for me. I'll now be missing one variation on vinyl. Dammit, I wish they would have said it was clear on her official store ?

It's ugly af

But it's great to have for collecting purposes 

I'm really pretending there's no vinyl for this project since I don't really wanna get any of them.

Only stuff I bought was the book bc obviously. Maybe I'll buy the CD and the pic disc but meh.

Still love all of it tho :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

11 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

They are definitely different! 

ur so lucky! also i had no idea you had a lanaboards, you should totally post ur collection in the your lana collection thread because i know you have so much cool stuff and i would love to see it! 

58 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

ffs what the hell we gonn do now that it sold out

Same. I'm so fucking mad at her US store for not describing the "Exclusive" vinyl correctly and adding one more word, "Clear" - As a collector of LDR vinyl, I'm fuming ? ? Chances are someone will be selling it on eBay for 4x as much and it will probably be opened