Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

271 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

@takeitdoen beautiful write up! Salamander is fantastic as it starts so dramatic, the warbling lo-fi voice a drastic left from her soothing words in previous poems, but its absolutely tongue-in-cheek yet somehow slightly scathing in her take down of the critique of her own thoughts. The outro music has a sense of playful doom as she evokes the Greek Gods, like a plank walk between the windy ridges of the grand canyon. Her authenticity always shines in her winks, and in LA Who am I to Love You when she says "I'm quite good on the stage, you might have heard of me" its so charming you can hear her smile. Also agree with you on the replay value. I've listened probably 7 times now in full, which is the only way to listen properly. Its a full immersion into her head and heart and definitely isn't something I just put on for a song or two, but a full sit down is an exercise in soul searching which can be exhausting. Here's to an incredible follow up with Beyong the Iron Gates

I actually love her audiobook a lot more than i thought i would, it get's better everytime i listen to it. It's stunning. So i honestly can't wait for BTIG. Do we know if she's actually doing an audiobook for Iron Gates, did she confirm that? I really hope so. It's pretty cool that we could be getting beautiful audiobooks alongside beautiful music. Violets is one of my favourite albums released this year, i still class it as an album because i like to listen to the music just as much as the poetry

♥ ???????? ???????????? ?????? ?? ???? ♥

53 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I actually love her audiobook a lot more than i thought i would, it get's better everytime i listen to it. It's stunning. So i honestly can't wait for BTIG. Do we know if she's actually doing an audiobook for Iron Gates, did she confirm that? I really hope so. It's pretty cool that we could be getting beautiful audiobooks alongside beautiful music. Violets is one of my favourite albums released this year, i still class it as an album because i like to listen to the music just as much as the poetry

We don’t have confirmation that Behind the Iron Gates will be audio as well... but leather patent having an « official audio » makes me think so?!? Unless that poem is the exception and is some sort of interlude on Chemtrails (which I doubt). 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Me too! I’m not used to listening to audiobooks, but her poems sound so heavenly. I don’t know if we’ll be getting an audiobook for Iron Gates but I really hope so.

Pp5b5s3.jpg?1

So, question for the culture. 

Has anyone tried feeling on your neck which way the wind was going?
Or picture the floor rising up to support you and sink in to back of the bed that’s behind you? Or close your eyes and feel where you hold your attention if it’s in the back of your eyes walk it down to your heart centre? 

I know I have and also I could listen to the instrumental to Quiet Waiter for always. The swooping Hawaiian guitar riff is just ohh *chef’s kiss*  

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i lOve yooouuuu :crying:

butchew don't understand meeee:nails:

my LIFE is my poetreeeee:lange:

my lOOve making is my legaacyyyyyyy:angie:

my thoughts are about nOTHing :oprah3:

AND BEAUTIFUL! WMaIsCA.jpg

AND FOR FREE! WMaIsCA.jpg

Does anyone ever read that last line and think about it like

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f01nfbr0tfawfon21y

And then have flashbacks to when she said her book would be $1 because her thoughts were priceless like

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e6af56fad03afe118f

But your bank account says you paid 15 times that original amount for VBBOTG so you

giphy.gif

And think about all the times she lied to our delusional asses like 

So you sit in front of your computer like a dumbass wondering why you're a fan like

giphy.gif

But then you realize she always comes through with her music like...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4787f127bdb50e8afb9c

...or is it just me? :oic:

5 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

Does anyone ever read that last line and think about it like

And then have flashbacks to when she said her book would be $1 because her thoughts were priceless like

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e6af56fad03afe118f

But your bank account says you paid 15 times that original amount for VBBOTG so you

giphy.gif

And think about all the times she lied to our delusional asses like 

So you sit in front of your computer like a dumbass wondering why you're a fan like

giphy.gif

But then you realize she always comes through with her music like...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4787f127bdb50e8afb9c

...or is it just me? :oic:

That pretty much sums it up.

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

When are the physical audio books supposed to be released? I can’t remember. Just wondering how long I can wait to preorder the vinyls lol.

Officially out on Sept. 29th, but my preorder says it won’t arrive until October 12th

"Fuck the Patriarchy" keychain on the ground.

4 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

When are the physical audio books supposed to be released? I can’t remember. Just wondering how long I can wait to preorder the vinyls lol.

The book is out September 29 but the CDs/LPs have October 2 as the release date. 

Let's rewrite the beginning of this primordial ooze
shall we my love
Am i being brazen for saying this year makes me feel
like we could've wrote it better
than him?
But who am i
just a girl in love dreaming on paper
rearranging the salt for the pepper
in love with you

Over the past week my world fell apart and I've been going back to this part of Quiet Waiter Blue Forever. In a way it's strangely soothing to have someone else's words describe your feelings. Because I can't find the proper words. It just feels like a bad dream. One that could have been avoided, if we maybe had the strings in our own hands. Which is silly really, because it's not God's fault, that it didn't work out.
So now my life goes on in a mundane way, rearranging the salt for the pepper, while all my thoughts are fixed on a feeling, that doesn't make me happy anymore. But see, this is where I part with the poem, because there is no one to pick up anymore; there won't be a call later.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

7 minutes ago, lamms said:

Over the past week my world fell apart and I've been going back to this part of Quiet Waiter Blue Forever. In a way it's strangely soothing to have someone else's words describe your feelings. Because I can't find the proper words. It just feels like a bad dream. One that could have been avoided, if we maybe had the strings in our own hands. Which is silly really, because it's not God's fault, that it didn't work out.
So now my life goes on in a mundane way, rearranging the salt for the pepper, while all my thoughts are fixed on a feeling, that doesn't make me happy anymore. But see, this is where I part with the poem, because there is no one to pick up anymore; there won't be a call later.

relateeee :xcry:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

i guess they decided to cancel the cassette?

i think its the tape deck that got cancelled? my cassette order is still there, but the tape deck got cancelled

edit: they only cancelled 1 out of the 2 cassettes in my order and refunded me 11 out of 15 euros and idk if im still getting that one cassette for only 4 euros or if they just scammed me lmao

image.png

Same here, I got the cancellation notice for the tape deck order but it only says 1 cassette got canceled... Under my order on the site it still says 1 cassette coming. My credit card never got charged so there isn't a refund. 

also i noticed that the prices of all the bundles went down by 10 euros, so i guess the 2nd cassette was supposed to be some kind of pre-order surprise bonus or something? now the bundles arent as overpriced as they used to be, at least

image.png

My cassette was cancelled & refunded from my Collector’s Edition order :noparty: boooo x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS