Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

7 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i really thought she'd put violet on streaming apps today since they took down LA, but i guess not :(

i guess it was some kind of deal between Simon & Schuster who would let Interscope put LA on streaming services to promote the audiobook until the actual book came out :/

image.png

I really like the Violet vinyl sleeve, it’s super cute. Yeah I guess it’s more minimal than Lana’s last few vinyl releases, but it’s still better quality than the cheap packaging the Born to Die and Paradise vinyls had, and those are still cute and haven’t fallen apart yet. I’m actually impressed with how it looks. I truly didn’t even think we’d get a gatefold and that it’d be completely bare bones since we have the poetry book to accompany it. But then again, I’m excited and impressed easily, so of course I’m happy with it lol.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

So I’m happy you’re all getting the vinyl/cd’s because I just went to her site to order the vinyl and it still says pre-order...I wasn’t sure if that was an accident or if it actually wasn’t out yet..her website itself does say that the audiobook and hardcover are available now

"Don’t forget me"

Hello everyone! I didn't see these posted so here are a few pictures of what the album looks like. Click on them to Zoom in:

Spoiler

gIw23nD.jpg

TIivAcc.jpg

n1MZprV.jpg

ML7Hj9C.jpg

BN6KGid.jpg

The credits for every track are as follows:

Lana Del Rey, Composer/Author, Song/ATV Music Publishing

Written by Lana Del Rey

Published by Sony/ATV Music Publishing

Produced by Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey

Vocals by Lana Del Rey

Piano* by Jack Antonoff

Engineered by Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk

Assistant Engineered by Jon Sher & John Rooney

Mixed by Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk

Mastered by Chris Gehringer at Sterling Sound, assisted by Will Quinnell

Miscellaneous Credits

Recorded at Conway Recording Studios, Electric LadyStudios, Rough Customer, United States.

*additional instruments played by Jack include mellotron, drums, Wurlitzer, bass, guitar, keyboards, 12 String acoustic guitar, electric guitar.

Sadly there's no credits for other samples on the record which leads me to believe they're not 'original' and simply from a sample pack (I was hoping there would be a credited source for the voices on Bare Feet and the sax solo on 1000 Fires but) which requires no attribution. A little weird it's laid out like this and the packaging a little disappointing, but I've seen worse! 

3lfQEhw.png

2 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Hello everyone! I didn't see these posted so here are a few pictures of what the album looks like. Click on them to Zoom in:

Reveal hidden contents

gIw23nD.jpg

TIivAcc.jpg

n1MZprV.jpg

ML7Hj9C.jpg

BN6KGid.jpg

The credits for every track are as follows:

Lana Del Rey, Composer/Author, Song/ATV Music Publishing

Written by Lana Del Rey

Published by Sony/ATV Music Publishing

Produced by Jack Antonoff & Lana Del Rey

Vocals by Lana Del Rey

Piano* by Jack Antonoff

Engineered by Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk

Assistant Engineered by Jon Sher & John Rooney

Mixed by Jack Antonoff & Laura Sisk

Mastered by Chris Gehringer at Sterling Sound, assisted by Will Quinnell

Miscellaneous Credits

Recorded at Conway Recording Studios, Electric LadyStudios, Rough Customer, United States.

*additional instruments played by Jack include mellotron, drums, Wurlitzer, bass, guitar, piano, keyboards, 12 String acoustic guitar, electric guitar.

Sadly there's no credits for other samples on the record which leads me to believe they're not 'original' and simply from a sample pack (I was hoping there would be a credited source for the voices on Bare Feet and the sax solo on 1000 Fires but) which requires no attribution. A little weird it's laid out like this and the packaging a little disappointing, but I've seen worse! 

so pretty :flutter: have you given it a listen yet? i'm really hoping the quality is high like how LA was on Spotify 

sgopYhV.gif

7 hours ago, Chris005x said:

I got my blue UO variant today. I really like the color. Looks great, don’t know how it sounds yet.

would u mind uploading a pic? UO sometimes have these placeholder pics of the color and I wanted to know what it looked like irl. no pressure tho! 

also I just listened to 1000 Fires on the audiobook. got twilight zone vibes. a little jazzy, eerie, even the sax(?). her voice breaking, I think I kinda liked the voice I hear myself reading it in my head instead a little, but it was still nice to listen to if at least to better understand it 

UV/Honeymoon

On 10/3/2020 at 6:49 AM, takeitdoen said:

Those voices are from text-to-speech sites. There's a voice in there that I "use" for "Bette" lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

44 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGH47weh-z6/

According to Andre Leon Talley's IG Violet has officially received a Grammy nom for best spoken word album!

I don't think she'll win in that field, but the nom is nice.

Wonder if she'll bother acknowledging it today?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I don't think she'll win in that field, but the nom is nice.

Wonder if she'll bother acknowledging it today?

you're prob right– tho if she wins back some public goodwill with Chemtrails that might better her chances

aOaIzH2.gif