Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

goddamn the instrumentals for bare feet on linoleum made me feel like i was fucking vibrating holy shit.

ย 

this entire audiobook was so, so beautiful. i'm in love

They could check the whole project on Spotify too if they liked the first poem. Lana would still make the money :(

ย 

ehh, i mean i get you and i wish it was on spotify but a lot of sales would get lost if this was on streaming platforms. hope this is as successful as it can!! i'll try to buy it tomorrow. i surrender now :defeated:

THE EXPERIENCE!!! I cannot believe I cried. She found some way to make poems she wrote from recent to two years ago be so relatable to the point of voyeurism. Sportcruiser did it for me but they were all so unique. Jack was essential to this project. Tessa Dipietro is so funny, and SALAMANDER!!! UGHHH I knew I had a reason to suspect it, its one of the tops. Land of 1000 Fires is witchiness in a bottle and its a beauty, My Bedroom was so artful. I could keep going but I also want to read everyone's reactions so that's what I'm gonna do. This was BREATH TAKING

So if I buy the audiobook on Apple Books, can I see it in my iTunes like a normal album?

ย 

OR can I download it somehow and add it to my iTunes?

ย 

if you buy it on iBooks, it will show up on ur iPhone on the built in books app, but not iTunes/apple music

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Absolutely adore this...the raw, yet aesthetic and existential imagery, paired with the instrumentation that matches perfectly to each poem...10/10

ย 

ย 

LA Who Am I To Love You, Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving, SportCruiser, Quiet Waiter-Blue Forever, Paradise is Very Fragile, Bare Feet on Linoleum are my favorites.ย 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I just bought the audiobook on Apple Books and hate the formatting bc it says "Track 1" through "Track 14" and I went to my iTunes folders and now I can't separate them into tracks UGH I HATE AUDIOBOOKS.....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Absolutely adore this...the raw, yet aesthetic and existential imagery, paired with the instrumentation that matches perfectly to each poem...10/10

ย 

ย 

LA Who Am I To Love You, Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving, SportCruiser, Quiet Waiter-Blue Forever, Paradise is Very Fragile, Bare Feet on Linoleum are my favorites.

ย 

Nailed it. Excellent taste. I think truly the only ones that weren't FIRE KNOCK OUTS were just Never To Heaven and What Happened When I Left You.

Her not putting the thing up digitally makes 0 sense and is super frustrating. I'm not going to buy an expensive CD or a fucking vinyl/cassette for a spoken-word album or "audiobook".

This is such a wannabe hipster bs.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

this is so beautiful im gonna go pre order the book rn

cried 10 seconds in to LAย 

ย 

need to cleanse my mind bc i cnat stop thinking about the gabbie hanna tik tok audio when lana starts speaking fastย 

I'm looking on the internet for download links now or ways to separate this goddamn single stupid fucking file. I paid for it 3 times (including digitally, and physically twice) and still can't have it fixed the way I want it to be.ย 

I AM NOT ASKING FOR A LINK HERE, PLEASE DON'T THINK I AM, I'M SIMPLY STATING MY FRUSTRATIONS WITH THIS

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Her not putting the thing up digitally makes 0 sense and is super frustrating. I'm not going to buy an expensive CD or a fucking vinyl/cassette for a spoken-word album or "audiobook".

This is such a wannabe hipster bs.

It's literally Simon and Schuster, not her

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

like i'm simply frustrated bc it's all one single file and I don't know how to split it up and actually NAME the tracks myself. if anyone knows, please tell me and I'll do it myself if I have to

giphy.gif

This bitch did what she had to fucking do! and to Jack, thank you for creating the best atmosphere for every poem. It wouldnโ€™t be the same without each guitar.

ย  ย  ย ย giphy.gif

even her poems having a messy rollout :awkney:

ย 

it's not her fault, i mean i'm just picky and want to have things exactly perfect in my iTunes, i'm a little ocd about audio files

giphy.gif

I just bought the audiobook on Apple Books and hate the formatting bc it says "Track 1" through "Track 14" and I went to my iTunes folders and now I can't separate them into tracks UGH I HATE AUDIOBOOKS.....

ย 

this is so frustrating omg

ย 

ย 

I AM NOT ASKING FOR A LINK HERE, PLEASE DON'T THINK I AM, I'M SIMPLY STATING MY FRUSTRATIONS WITH THIS

ย 

:lmao: :lmao:

it's not her fault, i mean i'm just picky and want to have things exactly perfect in my iTunes, i'm a little ocd about audio files

itโ€™d frustrate me to no end too, itโ€™s small but itโ€™d just be nicer to have it with the rest of her albums in the same place

RVhKIwP.gif