Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite poems from "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass?"

• LA Who am I to Love You
    • The Land of 1000 Fires
    • Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass
    • Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving
    • Salamander
    • Never to Heaven
    • Sportcruiser
    • Tessa DiPietro
    • Quiet Waiter Blue Forever
    • What Happened When I Left You
    • Happy
    • My Bedroom is a Sacred Place Now - There are Children at the Foot of My Bed
    • Paradise is Very Fragile
    • Bare Feet on Linoleum

Yup, Paradise is Very Fragile is the best. I have chills

Its definitely up there, the ending was incredible. Im only giving it one listen through and then saving my next listen for the tomorrow with my sister so I can't pass judgment yet. Its funny i thought the title was on the blander side, but then the content, just, her mind.

As long as there is no way to properly buy it outside of the apple/ibook store and the overpriced CD/vinyl/cAsSetTe which ship in october, I'm going to pass.

I hope they make a huge loss on this so they decide to handle it better next time

I was really intrigued to listen to it, but the way they completely fucked up the rollout ruined it for me

You hope a project with proceeds dedicated to charity is a massive commercial failure because it was inconvenient for you to download?

You hope a project with proceeds dedicated to charity is a massive commercial failure because it was inconvenient for you to download?

fdjofksdjihj a drag!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

like i'm simply frustrated bc it's all one single file and I don't know how to split it up and actually NAME the tracks myself. if anyone knows, please tell me and I'll do it myself if I have to

Is it one giant mp3 so far? You can always use iMovie to split tracks and rename :) It's very easy on there!

This is exactly what justified me buying it 3x already (and not feeling bad for looking for download links online when I've paid 3x already and will pay a 4th time for the physical book, looking for downloads only failed, sadly for my ocd)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The expression of her voice, so goddamn beautiful. She sounds like she's from another time.

It kinda reminded me of the way Grace Kelly spoke! Velvety, and articulate at the same time is not easy to do

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

This is exactly what justified me buying it 3x already (and not feeling bad for looking for download links online when I've paid 3x already and will pay a 4th time for the physical book, looking for downloads only failed, sadly for my ocd)

This tbh! If lana sold a record player for charity I’d buy that and the Violets vinyl from her too

Anyways

The fact that lana shops at the Ralph’s in pacific palisades makes me so uncomfortable I hate that grocery store with a passion

How does my girl handle that awful parking lot

Also I thought she lived in Malibu? Obviously I respect Lana’s privacy and it’s none of my business where she lives, but as a malibu native I’m surprised she drives all that way on the PCH to the palisades

And can be officially downloaded for free! I already think that's so great as is. Anyone can enjoy it even if they can't afford this at the moment.

:biblio: One thing is to get mad but...

The dramatics over a LITERARY project, not a MUSIC album. The only valid complaint you have is that the poems aren't labeled 

thumb_whats-not-clicking-when-you-rememb

That's the way things work. They will not change anything for any other reasons but profit. I mean - what's the point of even releasing it early as an audiobook if it's not aviable properly and the physical version only ships in october? If you don't own an apple-product, there is no proper way to listen to it rn.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

very pleasantly surprised at how good this is! she shouldn’t have posted snippets of her poems on her ig, it really gave a bad impression of her poetry

Releasing the audiobook before the printed one was genius too. I wouldn’t have been half as I moved (I think) if I had read these poems before hearing them

Is it one giant mp3 so far? You can always use iMovie to split tracks and rename :) It's very easy on there!

I can't break the DRM protection from iTunes.... which is another roadblock and I have to be up for work early tomorrow please shoot me ughhhhh i can't sleep if this isn't right

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That's the way things work. They will not change anything for any other reasons but profit. I mean - what's the point of even releasing it early as an audiobook if it's not aviable properly and the physical version only ships in october? If you don't own an apple-product, there is no proper way to listen to it rn.

Audible is an amazon company and available on all platforms! You can either get a monthly subscription, or buy the audiobook individually!