Sign in to follow this  
Mer

Ellen Degeneres Show under investigation

Ellen Degeneres’s Show is under investigation by Warner Media, for issues regarding “a toxic workplace”. Warner and NBC both claim the investigation has nothing to do with the star of the show herself. Ellen was subject to a viral online campaign in which her past employers/service people who’d dealt with her exposed her bad attitude...she also replaced her union staff with an outsourced company during the coronavirus pandemic.

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Although Ellen is not under invsestigation herself per se for this, but rather a couple of execs in her team. People have allege for years that this "be kind to one another" narrative she's been pushing ad nauseam for years is only a mere façade. She's been said to be not so nice and kind of a pain in the ass behind closed doors.

Personally speaking, she always came across as very shady and not that overly friendly to me. There's just something incredibly phony about her.

Although Ellen is not under invsestigation herself per se for this, but rather a couple of execs in her team. People have allege for years that this "be kind to one another" narrative she's been pushing ad nauseam for years is only a mere façade. She's been said to be not so nice and kind of a pain in the ass behind closed doors.

Personally speaking, she always came across as very shady and not that overly friendly to me. There's just something incredibly phony about her.

I always found her to be a little “off”. Her humour seemed to be best when making fun of people/making her guests uncomfortable. I stopped watching her show on YouTube after she made fun of Saoirse Ronan for (possibly) being a virgin after she told ellen she “doesn’t date”....just something that didn’t sit right.

But beyond that, this issue is not all about Ellen and how she treats her guests—and my intention wasn’t to create an “everyone hates ellen thread”. A toxic workplace is a very serious thing, that impacts the personal and professional lives of many who work there adversely.

i can't believe im getting my news from lanaboards now

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I’ve wondered if I should post more topics about current events here, but I’m still relatively a new member—so idk what the consensus towards non-Lana news/discussion is

I always found her to be a little “off”. Her humour seemed to be best when making fun of people/making her guests uncomfortable. I stopped watching her show on YouTube after she made fun of Saoirse Ronan for (possibly) being a virgin after she told ellen she “doesn’t date”....just something that didn’t sit right.

But beyond that, this issue is not all about Ellen and how she treats her guests—and my intention wasn’t to create an “everyone hates ellen thread”. A toxic workplace is a very serious thing, that impacts the personal and professional lives of many who work there adversely.

Her whole thing seems to be about making her guests look like the butt of the joke. It's bordeline disrespectful/humiliating sometimes. I'm glad Dakota Johnson didn't put up with that and nicely straighten her out. :D

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I’ve wondered if I should post more topics about current events here, but I’m still relatively a new member—so idk what the consensus towards non-Lana news/discussion is

not meant as a criticism at all! I hadn't heard about it. I think members are free to discuss whatever they want to as long as it's not harmful/in the right subgroup!

Ugh I thought this would be about her being investigated for some crazy conspiracy like trafficking kids or something. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Not to derail the thread, but I don’t really believe that Ellen is in some sort of child trafficking Epstein ring...its one thing to be a bad boss, a whole other thing to be a mentally deranged/disturbed criminal

Do I think Ellen is meaner than her brand? For sure. Do I think she's abusive? No.She's probably mean, and isn't involved much in the shows production.I bet you she's only there when the show is live, and doesn't even talk to any of the workers, which while rude is perfectly acceptable

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Do I think Ellen is meaner than her brand? For sure. Do I think she's abusive? No.She's probably mean, and isn't involved much in the shows production.I bet you she's only there when the show is live, and doesn't even talk to any of the workers, which while rude is perfectly acceptable

Tbf I don't think she's abusive, just rude, unfunny and probably a big diva behind the scenes. But her "be kind" shtick feels forced and disingenuous.

Tbf I don't think she's abusive, just rude, unfunny and probably a big diva behind the scenes. But her "be kind" shtick feels forced and disingenuous.

i think in general, the word "abuse/abusive" is being thrown around a lot and misused. Just bc Ellen's diva antics may make Portia uncomfortable/embarrassed at times, doesn't mean Ellen is "abusing her wife"; as some outlets chose to report. 

But for her to go on long, impassioned pleas about "kindness costs nothing" and "a little act of kindness can change someone's day" is ridiculous, knowing what we know now. I hope that Ellen addresses and owns up to her behaviour, and then maybe we can all stop putting entertainers on a moral pedestal. 

I heard about this. It is important to note that Ellen herself is not under investigation. However, NBC has had a lot of issues with sexual misconducts in the workplace.

Firstly, there was the whole Matt Laurer situation. No one was surprised to hear about him. His behavior was an open secret for a long time. Then if you go further back there was allegations about Tom Brokaw. Even though many have come to his defense, these allegations are out there.

So what NBC is doing right now is probably looking at every little thing that employees have complained about because everyone knows NBC had been burying things for years. Think of this as post-MeToo house cleaning

Updates: Katy Perry, Octavia Spencer, and Jay Leno (lmao) have publicly supported Ellen, while others (including ex-DJ tWitch have come out against her).

She has vowed to keep her show going thru 2022/23. 

Advertisers are not expected to boycott her show over the allegations--however if her viewing numbers dramatically decrease, they will leave 

Personally: if Jay Leno ever vouches for you, that pretty much proves you're a pretty scummy person lol