Sign in to follow this  
Coney Island King

Italian restaurant named LASAGNA DEL REY opens in Australia

This is pretty funny! Lana provides a lot of inspiration.

But all kidding aside, Lana’s stage name is trademarked. Lana’s publishing company (NOT LANA HERSELF) has a clear cut case to file a copyright infringement claim/cease-and-desist order. Her publishing company would lose money, so they look out of their clients.

This is kind of a neat and ballsy move by this food service company because they know this is copyright infringement and they know Lana’s publishers can file a cease and desist. After they change their name they can say they are formerly known as lasagna Del Rey and still come out on top with a client base.

Though I love the idea of having great Italian food being delivered to my door! Especially now with COVID and all!

This is pretty funny! Lana provides a lot of inspiration.

But all kidding aside, Lana’s stage name is trademarked. Lana’s publishing company (NOT LANA HERSELF) has a clear cut case to file a copyright infringement claim/cease-and-desist order. Her publishing company would lose money, so they look out of their clients.

This is kind of a neat and ballsy move by this food service company because they know this is copyright infringement and they know Lana’s publishers can file a cease and desist. After they change their name they can say they are formerly known as lasagna Del Rey and still come out on top with a client base.

Though I love the idea of having great Italian food being delivered to my door! Especially now with COVID and all!

Incorrect. 

Her stage name is Lana, not Lasagna. 

It's a parody and nobody has any legal basis to challenge it, unless there's an existing Lasagna Del Rey business in Australia, which there is not. 

Her team would only have a case if they could prove that "Lasagna Del Rey" was deliberately trying to trick people into thinking the restaurant was endorsed by Lana. 

Thank YOU. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Do they have a special side of heartbreak? :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.