Sign in to follow this  
Elle

'Doin' Time' music video nominated for 2020 VMAs in Best Alternative [VOTING CLOSED]

:noparty:

now release the track w Lana, Kellz x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I don’t mean to be rude, but how did he win? On twitter, Lana and 21 Pilot fans were fighting bc they were neck and neck, mass voting on both sides. Surprised neither one of them won.

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

4 minutes ago, titanicearth said:

I don’t mean to be rude, but how did he win? On twitter, Lana and 21 Pilot fans were fighting bc they were neck and neck, mass voting on both sides. Surprised neither one of them won.

Apparently this Machine Gun fellow has an album coming out on September 25. Knowing the way MTV is, they probably worked out a deal with his team to give him the award as a way of promoting his album, therefor ignoring the popular vote. 

I mean how else did Panic at the Disco win Video of the Year in 2006? 

This is the entertainment business. These deals go down all the time. 

18 minutes ago, TheHardestWhite said:

It's obviously rigged, he was the only one present so he received the award

As I said in my previous comment, the MTV VMA Awards are negotiated. The popular vote gets disregarded if a deal gets made between the artists management and MTV. I can’t prove this but the writing is on the wall.