Sign in to follow this  
Elle

IMPORTANT Site Update

@Elle would it be way too much to ask for sneak peeks on Twitter?... I'm so extremely impatient  :excited:

Yes, I'll be giving some sneak peeks on Twitter during the process! Although as I noted in the OP, once the site comes back online, it won't be the finished project. We won't have an era theme immediately, it will be a simple temporary theme until an era theme is designed for the new layout, but you'll all be able to access the new LanaBoards template and see the aesthetic/functionality changes. I hope to have a theme installed within the week so it won't be plain for too long!

We're still going to be online for a little bit longer today, as we're still working with tech support to smooth out a few bumps before the update begins. I'll continue to keep you all posted! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

awesome!! i'm a newbie and already thought the forum had a good layout compared to others i frequent so now i'm even more excited! also, everyone seems excited for all the new themes coming, so does this mean it's possible to change the theme of the site per user? i haven't found any answer for it so far, but if it is possible, how would i do it?

anyway best of luck!!! ty for all your time and work elle.

and LB never fails to give me something great  :dmd:

This. Sometimes I forget how beautiful this place is, and how much I love love love it. It's crazy that I've been posting for 6 years now. I love you guys!

finally a new forum software, i cant wait to see it. i suppose a new softwsre means halfway decent mobile support as well?

thank uu!

Yay !!! Sometimes change is a good thing. Love you @Elle and thank you for everything you do for the community
...I'm also curious how this update will affect people on mobile. I use LanaBoards the most on mobile and the functionality is different than when I'm on my PC

i’m wondering will the update change how the website looks on mobile?

Yes! The mobile version will look different as well. It looks like though the new update will give me more design freedom, including the ability to add fancy themes, rather than the plain layout layout it currently has. I plan to create era themes for both the desktop and mobile version. But again, these themes will not come immediately as it will take some time to design, which I cannot start until I see how the new layouts look and what the requirements will be. This is something to look forward to though!

awesome!! i'm a newbie and already thought the forum had a good layout compared to others i frequent so now i'm even more excited! also, everyone seems excited for all the new themes coming, so does this mean it's possible to change the theme of the site per user? i haven't found any answer for it so far, but if it is possible, how would i do it?

anyway best of luck!!! ty for all your time and work elle.

Yes! What I plan to do is have various themes for users to choose from. I'll work on getting themes for LFL, NFR, and VBBOTG as soon as possible, and then when I have the time I'm going to back and redesign themes for AKA, BTD, P, UV, & HM. I'm planning on making these past-era selective themes exclusive for members in our Supporters 2.0 category (as this new server upgrade is kinda pricey :rip:)

--

Also, just a note, whether you're a new member or have been here for many years - thank you all for sticking around and being so patient & supportive while I do this update! I know how much of a family and home this place is to you all, and know that it is very much one to me as well. I have so much love for each & every single one of you (even the difficult ones) and I don't take your loyalty to this site for granted! I keep this site up and running & do all I can for you guys in the end xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

LanaBoards was there for me when I felt down and high, and I’ve found some people I consider to be my best friends here. I love this website. :poordat:

Tbh I have friend crushes on so many members lmaooo and I haven't been active for too long so I can only imagine! The conversations/topics are relatable, the taste in music is generally mutual, the mods are all friendly, the owner is hot also kind, LMAO just overall a sweet time here :flutter:

You yourself btw, have definitely added to my positive exp! One of the first members I briefly spoke to and just nothing but kindness. 

Looking forward to the updates!