Sign in to follow this  
Elle

IMPORTANT Site Update

Can't wait to enter the new era for this place with everyone else. Pretty exciting as a new user, can't imagine how it must be for everyone else who's been here for years :)

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Hi all!

We just completed Phase 1 of our updates. This was all behind-the-scenes stuff that will ensure a much smoother process to the big site update and server upgrade, so you all won’t notice any physical changes yet, but they’re coming! Because the site is so outdated, there’s a lot of bumps in the road we’re having to get by, so I apologise for the time this is taking.

We’ll have a waiting period before we’re ready and able to start Phase 2, so I decided to put the site back online until that’s ready to begin. I want to give you all as much time online as possible!

I’ll notify you all before we go offline again for Phase 2. (I apologise for not giving you all more of an immediate update on the boards before we went offline when Phase 1 started, I didn’t realise it was going to go offline so suddenly :rip: )

I’ve been posting these updates to the LanaBoards Twitter, so again if you haven’t followed it, I would recommend doing so to stay in-the-know during this process.

Thank you all again for your continued patience & support!

Xoxo,

Elle

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm more excited about the little changes to this site than a pre-order announcement at this point  :defeated: Thank you Elle and co for all your work behind the scenes.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Quick question: when people in the threads mention mobile version, do you mean through a specific LB app, or just like the mobile version you'd use on the Safari or Chrome app on your phone?

I don't know of any app for LB. I only mean when I access LB via my mobile browser the interface is different. For instance, when I'm on mobile I am not able to add the little emojis into the body of my posts such as these:  :)  ;)  :hdu:  :facepalm:  :wub:  :teehee:  :creep: . I can only add those via my PC interface for some reason (which is how I just added those btw). And adding a link from Imgur is not possible either, I have to do that via my PC. The whole post editor that pops up on my PC does not exist on my mobile browser. I think it has something to do with javascript, but I could be wrong.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Hi all!

We just completed Phase 1 of our updates. This was all behind-the-scenes stuff that will ensure a much smoother process to the big site update and server upgrade, so you all won’t notice any physical changes yet, but they’re coming! Because the site is so outdated, there’s a lot of bumps in the road we’re having to get by, so I apologise for the time this is taking.

We’ll have a waiting period before we’re ready and able to start Phase 2, so I decided to put the site back online until that’s ready to begin. I want to give you all as much time online as possible!

I’ll notify you all before we go offline again for Phase 2. (I apologise for not giving you all more of an immediate update on the boards before we went offline when Phase 1 started, I didn’t realise it was going to go offline so suddenly :rip: )

I’ve been posting these updates to the LanaBoards Twitter, so again if you haven’t followed it, I would recommend doing so to stay in-the-know during this process.

Thank you all again for your continued patience & support!

Xoxo,

Elle

Yay!! Can't wait for whats to come!

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

I don't know of any app for LB. I only mean when I access LB via my mobile browser the interface is different. For instance, when I'm on mobile I am not able to add the little emojis into the body of my posts such as these:  :)  ;)  :hdu:  :facepalm:  :wub:  :teehee:  :creep: . I can only add those via my PC interface for some reason (which is how I just added those btw). And adding a link from Imgur is not possible either, I have to do that via my PC. The whole post editor that pops up on my PC does not exist on my mobile browser. I think it has something to do with javascript, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!  :)  That's what I figured, but was just checking. I've never been on this site myself on mobile, always check up on things when I get home on my laptop, but was just curious. 

Quick question: when people in the threads mention mobile version, do you mean through a specific LB app, or just like the mobile version you'd use on the Safari or Chrome app on your phone?

It will be the mobile version on Safari/Chrome - because LanaBoards exists through a forum template (Invision Community) rather than its own forum built from scratch, I don't believe it is possible to make an app. I may be incorrect here, but I have looked into it before and concluded that building an app was not possible. However, I have high hopes for the new mobile design!

--

Just a note for you all, it's looking like there's a likely chance these updates may run through into tomorrow as well. I apologise! I was planning on having everything done by today, but with all these unexpected bumps in the road due to LanaBoards being sooo outdated, it's been taking longer than expected to prepare & update to the newest version. I'm still hoping there's a chance we can have it done before it's sleepytime for Melly & me, but if not, I will certainly update you all and we'll be back to work tomorrow morning. I'll continue to keep you posted!

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

It will be the mobile version on Safari/Chrome - because LanaBoards exists through a forum template (Invision Community) rather than its own forum built from scratch, I don't believe it is possible to make an app. I may be incorrect here, but I have looked into it before and concluded that building an app was not possible. However, I have high hopes for the new mobile design!

--

Just a note for you all, it's looking like there's a likely chance these updates may run through into tomorrow as well. I apologise! I was planning on having everything done by today, but with all these unexpected bumps in the road due to LanaBoards being sooo outdated, it's been taking longer than expected to prepare & update to the newest version. I'm still hoping there's a chance we can have it done before it's sleepytime for Melly & me, but if not, I will certainly update you all and we'll be back to work tomorrow morning. I'll continue to keep you posted!

Thanks Elle!  :kiss3:

Okay everyone, unfortunately, the rest of the updates will have to continue tomorrow.

We’ve done all we can do for now with what’s available to us currently, and we’ve been in a bit of a waiting game to be cleared before beginning the rest of the update phases. I am prioritizing safety over time in this situation, as it is of my upmost importance that nothing goes wrong during these updates. We need to wait a bit longer for every single bump to be completely smoothed out to prepare to begin the software script update. We did make some great behind-the-scenes headway today during Phase 1, so please don’t be too discouraged, there’s just a few more things we need to get settled before beginning the big software script update, and Melly & I have sort of no choice but to wait out the time until everything is set for takeoff. It doesn’t seem that we’ll be ready to start the main update any time tonight, so we will resume updates tomorrow. The site will remain online until then, and I will update you all tomorrow for when we will be offline.

My sincerest apologies for this delay, and thank you guys so much for being patient and hanging in there during this complicated process x

Thank you Elle!! And thank you for taking ur time and not rushing things. Looking forward to tomorrow.

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you all know with where we're at.

We just did a very brief, Phase 2 of updates. Again, all behind-the-scenes stuff that will help us for when the big software update is ready to begin, so nothing noticeable to you all yet. You won't see all the major changes until the software update is complete, but we're still in the preparation phase.

I apologise for how long this is taking. We really underestimated the preparation time before we started this process. How big the site is and also how outdated it is are both the main factors as to why it is taking so long. 

We hope to begin the software update within the next 12 hours, or if not, at least start making test runs on a mirror server.

Right now what we've been working hard on are all the behind-the-scenes preparations that will assure that when the software update takes place, everything will go smoothly & without issue. That's my main goal here, is for nothing to go wrong.

I also apologise for the issues with the Recent Topics / Chemtrails thread, those glitches happened after Phase 1, but they should be fixed now.

Thank you all for hanging in there & being patient. I'll continue to post updates here & to twitter. 

xx

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you all know with where we're at.

We just did a very brief, Phase 2 of updates. Again, all behind-the-scenes stuff that will help us for when the big software update is ready to begin, so nothing noticeable to you all yet. You won't see all the major changes until the software update is complete, but we're still in the preparation phase.

I apologise for how long this is taking. We really underestimated the preparation time before we started this process. How big the site is and also how outdated it is are both the main factors as to why it is taking so long. 

We hope to begin the software update within the next 12 hours, or if not, at least start making test runs on a mirror server.

Right now what we've been working hard on are all the behind-the-scenes preparations that will assure that when the software update takes place, everything will go smoothly & without issue. That's my main goal here, is for nothing to go wrong.

I also apologise for the issues with the Recent Topics / Chemtrails thread, those glitches happened after Phase 1, but they should be fixed now.

Thank you all for hanging in there & being patient. I'll continue to post updates here & to twitter. 

xx

thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication <3 i know it's going to be amazing when it's all finished :)

WGe8ynS.gif

Hi guys, we're back! Thanks for the patience.

So, we're also just wrapping up creating a clone site on the server to begin testing the actual site software update. That means by tomorrow, we can start testing out the site update on our clone site, while the main site here stays online. Then once we're confident the site update has been done successfully, we'll take the main site offline while we do the site update again there. Exciting things are coming! x

Hi all,

It looks like we'll be set to finally do the site software update and pull the site offline tonight anywhere from 10pm - into 6am tomorrow [EST] depending on when everything is set. (This doesn't mean we're going to be offline for the entirety of those 8 hours, it just means that anywhere within that timeframe you can expect for LanaBoards to be pulled offline while the update takes place. The update should only take a couple of hours)

I'll keep you guys updated here before we pull the site offline or if anything changes.

I'm bursting with both nerves & excitement! It's finally happening! 

xoxo,

Elle