16 minutes ago, No Remedy For Memory said:

Been wondering something after listening to the leak. Why is Lana pronouncing Arkansas as written and not the way you're supposed to? (Ar-Kan-Saw)

Pretty weird.

i have no listened to the leaks, but im assuming either 1) artistic choice or 2) flows better. There are also people that pronounce Arkansas the way it is written. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

On 3/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, No Remedy For Memory said:

Been wondering something after listening to the leak. Why is Lana pronouncing Arkansas as written and not the way you're supposed to? (Ar-Kan-Saw)

Pretty weird.

This is all I can think of when she says that 

1 minute ago, RormanNockwell said:

Hopefully it's either "our Kansas" or some sort of inside joke between her and Sean or smthn. 

I genuinely hope she doesn't think that that's how it's pronounced

:um:

Maybe it’s because her manager is british and he pronounced it that way. Like how she says Vit-a-min and not Vite-a-min.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Why is there so many ways to pronounce one word? I'm so lost. :cryney:

Ngl I'm almost glad my ear isn't totally used to English so her "our Kansas/Arkansas/whatever she's saying" isn't bothering me when I'm listening :sass:

13 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Hopefully it's either "our Kansas" or some sort of inside joke between her and Sean or smthn. 

I genuinely hope she doesn't think that that's how it's pronounced

:um:

I find it VERY hard to believe someone like Lana wouldn't know how it's pronounced...I know and I don't even live in America...that would be mind blowing and almost impossible for her not to know, she surely heard the correct pronunciation hundreds of times in her life. It has to be a choice she made, for whatever reason.

10 minutes ago, No Remedy For Memory said:

I find it VERY hard to believe someone like Lana wouldn't know how it's pronounced...I know and I don't even live in America...that would be mind blowing and almost impossible for her not to know, she surely heard the correct pronunciation hundreds of times in her life. It has to be a choice she made, for whatever reason.

y'all.. i don't think it's that deep i think it's just to rhyme

9ISvyf0.gif

On 3/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, Party Favor said:

i have no listened to the leaks, but im assuming either 1) artistic choice or 2) flows better. There are also people that pronounce Arkansas the way it is written. 

There aren’t... :icant:

regardless she just said it like that so it flowed better. And the song is smooooth

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

Arkansas/Our Kansas is iconic to me LOL. I love little flourishes like that that give off small town Lizzy Grant vibes with a wink. 

Spoiler

agreed, this and also lines like "it wasn't quite what i meaned/if you know what i mean" are pure lizzy grant charm

aOaIzH2.gif

Favourite, favourite off this album. Along with Yosemite and Breaking Up Slowly. I'm in tears :krylie: she really did THAT. 

And the Autotune splash in Tulsa Jesus Freak is delicious :bodyisready:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

Guys seriously can someone explain to me what does “white hot forever” line mean? I couldn’t get it

Flame colors indicate its heat index. White flames are hotter than red or orange ones, but blue are the hottest I think. She's saying "white hot forever" to indicate that whatever she's singing about is really hot

White hot = very hot

:)

16 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

Guys seriously can someone explain to me what does “white hot forever” line mean? I couldn’t get it

I think it's the eternal life Jesus's talking about. Also it seems like a description of 'light' for me. 

This song was an instant hit with me. Has that classic themed Lana lyricism I originally fell in love with her for.

you should stay real close to jeeesus tumblr_m78ljuKxCl1qzzpi4o1_400.gif

keep that bottle at your hand my maaananigif_sub-buzz-14775-1527369441-3.gif

find your way back to my bed agaaain tenor.gif

sing me like a bible hymn AromaticMellowArcticduck-small.gif

please tell me if all these gifs are against the rules and i'll delete, i don't want to get WP'd lol

giphy-1.gif 

I love how it's placed after Chemtrails & WD and just before LMLYLAW. Chemtrails is like the reverse of WD : the Country club as the privileged setting she lives in, trying to find happiness and comfort despite it being out of hand there (the seemingly upsetting and impossible relationship with the man in the song, the ominous chemtrails over the superficial and careless inhabitants of the club) ; and then just like in WD she goes back into the past, to a completly opposed setting (a humble flat in Tulsa), to a man she actually was happy with, who actually lived his faith in a very intimate and lively fashion, harkening back to what was gone but real (like in WD). The first songs are the incipit ; in LMLYLAW she makes the final decision of leaving, traveling back to the hinterland... Like that's actually a very smart and thought out concept. Tulsa is such a simple but nice track and the white hots are exhilarating, i wish she'd gone a bit more out there with them.

wait it's definitely "you should stay REAL close to jesus" so i've been hearing it wrong all this time :hawt:

also can anyone tell what's she's saying at about 2:12 after the giggle? she says something underneath "find your way back to my bed again" but i can't tell what it is at all

also she says something (the same thing i think) at about 2:21ish and 2:31ish... it kinda sounds like "you make me feel [???]"

ALSO at 3:17ish i can't really tell what she's saying. it sounds kinda like "i might be leavin [???]" but i have no idea

sUcVobB.png

On 3/22/2021 at 3:17 AM, honeybadger said:

wait it's definitely "you should stay REAL close to jesus" so i've been hearing it wrong all this time :hawt:

also can anyone tell what's she's saying at about 2:12 after the giggle? she says something underneath "find your way back to my bed again" but i can't tell what it is at all

also she says something (the same thing i think) at about 2:21ish and 2:31ish... it kinda sounds like "you make me feel [???]"

ALSO at 3:17ish i can't really tell what she's saying. it sounds kinda like "i might be leavin [???]" but i have no idea

this is all i think about everytime i'm listening to this song because i rlly wanna know what she's saying...i hope some acapella version of this exists somewhere

3 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

this is all i think about everytime i'm listening to this song because i rlly wanna know what she's saying...i hope some acapella version of this exists somewhere

YES i need to know... these are what i've come up with so far but they could be way off because it's so hard to figure it out

2:13 - will you stay with me tonight

2:21 & 2:31 - you make me feel....

3:17 - i might believe in something else? i might be leavin' at sunrise? i might be leaving you sometimes???

sUcVobB.png