Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Important Note Regarding Site Update - Please Read!

Hi everyone,

I have an unfortunate update regarding the site software & server upgrade, and I've been going back and forth the past couple of days with if I should reach out to guys regarding this or handle it myself. Forgive me if my wording is a little jumbled here, I just feel really uncomfortable making this post.

We were unaware of this before starting the process, but $350 is needed to permanently upgrade our site & server.

Melly & I are able to contribute $50 each to this now, but I wanted to reach out to you guys to see if anyone would be willing to contribute to the remaining $250.

I know money is tight right now among everyone amidst the pandemic including myself, but I want to be able to bring this update to you all as soon as possible. 

I absolutely hate having to request donations, but again I do want to provide you all with the promised update asap, which is why I decided to do a donation interest-check. 

I mentioned in some of my other Site Update posts that in addition to new upcoming themes that will be available to everyone, I will also be creating other various new themes (including past-era themes) that will be exclusive for the Supporters 2.0 category along with other perks I'm going to explore once I see what options I have following the update. (right now, current Supporters 2.0 perks include a lavender nametag, expanded PM space, and larger profile picture upload size.)

That being said, I'm planning to revamp the Supporters 2.0 category to be a monthly low-cost fee rather than a one-time payment, similar to other forums's VIP systems. (as the reoccurring costs for the larger server will also be more expensive than they currently are)

So, as an incentive to donate to the $250 needed for the site/server upgrade, if you choose to donate now, you will receive these existing and upcoming benefits for LIFE, rather than the monthly Supporters 2.0 option we will be introducing.

(Everyone who is already in the Supporters 2.0 category from donating previously will also continue to receive the category's perks for life to be fair.)

Don't worry, LanaBoards will always continue to be a free forum for all Members, and all accesses that you have currently, whether it be in the standard Members or Supporters 2.0 category, will remain the same. There will just be some added bonuses in the revamped Supporters 2.0 member category.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm forcefully asking for donations, so if by this time next week the $250 goal has not been met, I will go ahead contribute whatever is missing so we can go forth with the update, and I'll worry about the money later.

If you are interested in donating, please DM the @@admin account

Any amount would help, even if all you can give at the moment is a couple of dollars.

100% of any donation is going straight to the site/server fund, and I will lock the thread if/when the amount has been met.

Thank you all so much for your time reading, and I apologise endlessly for this unexpected hindrance.

All my love always,

Elle xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Wow everyone.. you have completely blown my expectations away.

The fund needed for the site & server update has been met!!

I wasn't even sure if it would be met by the end of the week, but to have it complete in just a little over a day.. I'm just so stunned and grateful. You guys are truly the best. I cannot express my gratitude enough.

Everyone who donated is now a part of the Supporters 2.0 category and will have the current & future perks for LIFE!

In case you missed it, I will be revamping the Supporters 2.0 category after the update to work as a small monthly fee instead of a one-time fee for everyone who is not currently a part of it, similar to other forums's VIP systems, as I mentioned in the OP. So, if there is anyone who would like to make a last-minute donation to LanaBoards in general to take advantage of the offer to receive these perks for life, please do let me know by DMing the @@admin account. Though the update fund has been met, any donation I receive after this post will continue to go 100% into LanaBoards, for the leftover recurring monthly site fees in cases where Adsense doesn't generate enough cover or towards paying off the loan used to purchase LanaBoards with a few years ago (you can choose which it goes to, if you'd like. For those who don't know, I purchased LanaBoards from its previous owner in 2016 for.. a large sum of money, so I used a loan to pay for it & still have about half of it left :rip:)

Of course, I don't really expect anything else and I could never even ask for more than you all have already done for the site fund, but I thought I'd extend the "lifer" offer until the update happens just in case anyone wanted to take advantage of the perks-for-life offer before the revamp if they hadn't seen it in the OP!

Again, I cannot express my gratitude enough. I am giving the biggest virtual hugs to everyone who donated and expressed their support.

So, I am excited to announce that we are officially in the final moments of classic LanaBoards. We will be doing some final testing today, and then hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday we can take the site offline for one last time and do the site update!

I'll keep you all updated in the other Site Update thread & on the LanaBoards Twitter.

Again, thank you thank you thank you, and I'm thrilled to be able to present you all with the new & improved LanaBoards!!

:spin:

All my love,

Elle x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I was thinking of donating but I’ll have to buy expensive shit for my uni classes and thought I’d wait before donating, but I’m glad the goal has been met! Let’s go, LanaBoards 2.0! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png