Sign in to follow this  
pinupgirls

Disney Parks enthusiasts!

I love disneyland!! I don’t know that I would consider myself a disneyhead bc I don’t really know much about anything, I just have happy memories from visits w my family :’)

Sad about all the changes being made tho (pirates ride, splash mountain, tower of terror) soon it’s just not going to be the same. I don’t know what they’re thinking doing that with some of their most famous and beloved rides

UbsOye5.png

Sad about all the changes being made tho (pirates ride, splash mountain, tower of terror) soon it’s just not going to be the same. I don’t know what they’re thinking doing that with some of their most famous and beloved rides

What are they doing with them?

Never been, never will (fuck Disney!), just curious!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

i loved going to disneyland when i was a kid– when my family moved to the u.s. we lived in orange county and it was first place my dad took me when we arrived. daisy duck was also my imaginary friend (lol). i haven't been in maybe 8-10 years, something like that? will def go again, prob more than once, in my lifetime– amusement parks are such a trip and a very particular experience which i love– very surreal– but i'm not a rollercoaster person and disney has a lot of ride options for my bitch ass  :hooker:  i went to disneyworld once as a kid but have more memories of disneyland, which i went to semi-frequently since we lived two hours away from it. i saw all the disney movies growing up and adored them, esp alice in wonderland and sleeping beauty, but i think pocahantas was the last disney animated film i saw (i really love the older, hand drawn animation). disney has a complicated (to put it mildly) history but as a strange, beautiful, surreal place disneyland (and some of the older disney stuff from childhood) will always be close to my heart.

i know they're changing the splash mountain ride in part (maybe entirely? not sure) because of the film that the ride is based on, song of the south. if you're interested there's a season of the podcast you must remember this that just explores this film and it's crazy racist origins, it's v interesting. 

aOaIzH2.gif

It's been like 15 ish years since I last got to go to Disneyland :'(

I've been wanting to take my little sister in addition to going for myself but she ended up going with one of her friends - she said even though she had fun, using the Genie app made it stressful ? Anyone have any opinions on the app?