Elle

Site Update COMPLETE - Read for more Info!

This is so weird but I like it. I'll have to get used to it but thanks @Elle for updating it. It definitely needed a face lift :trisha:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I have finally made it past the prejudice connection issues and hear me well - @RormanNockwell and I have just been in a Facebook dm with Chris Gehringer to complain about how nasty you've all been. And you'd better mark my words Lanaboards, Lana is BREAKING OUT her typewriter as I type this!!

3lfQEhw.png

34 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

likes on old posts seem to be gone but that's not really a big deal!

27 minutes ago, Elle said:

I noticed that too, but total reputation points from likes still remain! Sorry about that, but it seems that couldn't transfer over. :((

That would be really unfortunate. It was nice to be able to see who had liked particular posts. It would be a shame if all that old history was gone now.

I'm also really concerned about how the way the source button works now. I did a lot of manual formatting of my posts. The old formatting tags were pretty simple to use. Now it appears to be fairly complicated HTML shit.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

2 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

@RormanNockwell and I have just been in a Facebook dm with Chris Gehringer - and you'd better mark my words Lanaboards, Lana is BREAKING OUT her typewriter as I type this!!

Spare me pls :( xx

1 minute ago, Sugar Venom said:

what are the dots under everyone's member title?? idk if they were there before but i haven't noticed them until now lol

They've always been there, but perhaps they're now a bit more noticeable! They reflect the amount of posts you've made :)  The more pips, the more posts! x

Just now, Monster said:

I'm unable to connect via normal connection.. I can only do so on Tor browser :defeated:

Don't worry, eventually this should be available everywhere through every connection! It's because of the DNS adjustment I had to make for the server switch, but with time this will auto-fix x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

what are the dots under everyone's member title?? idk if they were there before but i haven't noticed them until now lol

I think they relate to how many posts you've made?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Just now, Elle said:

Don't worry, eventually this should be available everywhere through every connection! It's because of the DNS adjustment I had to make for the server switch, but with time this will auto-fix x

Makes sense lol.

The website looks amazing now! Thank you so much!

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

6 minutes ago, evilentity said:

That would be really unfortunate. It was nice to be able to see who had liked particular posts. It would be a shame if all that old history was gone now.

I'm also really concerned about how the way the source button works now. I did a lot of manual formatting of my posts. The old formatting tags were pretty simple to use. Now it appears to be fairly complicated HTML shit.

Unfortunate indeed, but the things you've noted are beyond my control. It's something I unfortunately cannot change, as these features (such as the source button) were built in to the new software upgrade from Invision, and some features were so outdated, the full data couldn't be transferred over (such as past likes). Remember, this is a major upgrade of about a decade. We were outdated for a very long time, & this update had to happen in order to be able to be hosted on a server more fit for the boards, which was vital to prevent the crashes we would experience during high traffic times. We could've been one crash away from permanent disaster - that's the road we were headed down if we didn't make a change!

I know after such a long tenure on the forums you've become accustomed to the old layout as many of us have, but there will be some exciting new features to be added! My apologies for any disappointment! x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Omg it looks AMAZING on mobile. Great job!!!

the godforsaken past LanaBoards mobile site was found dead in a ditch

5 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Omg it looks AMAZING on mobile. Great job!!!

1 minute ago, MAX DEL REY said:

the godforsaken past LanaBoards mobile site was found dead in a ditch

The new mobile layout is something I'm especially psyched about - probably my personal favourite part of this upgrade! x

7 minutes ago, evilentity said:

You can still see who likes posts!

Just click on the number beside the like button (if a post has been liked) and a small pop up box will appear with who has liked the post!

I'm very familiar with this kind of forum set up so if anyone has a question I can try and help out as much as I can.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Just now, RormanNockwell said:

Why is the WP part of my profile so enormous lmao

Anyway I'm dumb and don't know how to do stuff but I'll work it out eventually

Thanks for the update!

:smile3:

:creep: