Elle

Site Update COMPLETE - Read for more Info!

just a question, i noticed (OH MY GOD JUST GOT A NOTIF AND THE POP UP WITH THE NOISE IS SO CUTE:air2:??? anyways back to the q), i noticed that at the top it says my profile is 0% complete and when i try to edit it it doesnt go away ? ik i can just click dismiss but

2 minutes ago, violets said:

just a question, i noticed (OH MY GOD JUST GOT A NOTIF AND THE POP UP WITH THE NOISE IS SO CUTE:air2:??? anyways back to the q), i noticed that at the top it says my profile is 0% complete and when i try to edit it it doesnt go away ? ik i can just click dismiss but

Strange! Perhaps try going into your Profile settings and filling it out through there to see if that toggles it. If not, dismissing it will do no harm! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, Monster said:

Not update related but how many rep points till we unlock the ability to change our rank kjdskdskj

I believe some forums may have rank groups that coincide with reputation points, but our reputation system is remaining the same as before, through levels identified on a user's Profile page.

Neutral - 0

Good - 50

Great - 100

Excellent - 500

Terrific - 1000

Outstanding - 2750

Supreme - 5000

Kween Supreme - 7500

Ultimate - 10000

Ultimate + -15000

Ultimate ++ - 20000

Ultimate +++ - 30000

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

I believe some forums may have rank groups that coincide with reputation points, but our reputation system is remaining the same as before, through levels identified on a user's Profile page.

Neutral - 0

Good - 50

Great - 100

Excellent - 500

Terrific - 1000

Outstanding - 2750

Supreme - 5000

Kween Supreme - 7500

Ultimate - 10000

Ultimate + -15000

Ultimate ++ - 20000

Ultimate +++ - 30000

my bad i meant member title omg so embarrassing

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

2 minutes ago, Monster said:

my bad i meant member title omg so embarrassing

No worries!

As before, member titles "ranks" automatically change after a certain number of posts rather than reputation, unless you choose to have a custom member title, which can be done after 101 posts.

Newbie - 0

Member - 100

Advanced Member - 1000

Expert Member - 5000

28 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Why is the WP part of my profile so enormous lmao

I was thinking the same thing skskskskks I feel like a criminal, I'm kinda into it. 

Thanks for the update @Elle, this all seems really cool and exciting! Feels like we went straight from 1999 to 2099, I love it!

Stream it!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

39 minutes ago, Elle said:

Unfortunate indeed, but the things you've noted are beyond my control. It's something I unfortunately cannot change, as these features (such as the source button) were built in to the new software upgrade from Invision, and some features were so outdated, the full data couldn't be transferred over (such as past likes). Remember, this is a major upgrade of about a decade. We were outdated for a very long time, & this update had to happen in order to be able to be hosted on a server more fit for the boards, which was vital to prevent the crashes we would experience during high traffic times. We could've been one crash away from permanent disaster - that's the road we were headed down if we didn't make a change!

I know after such a long tenure on the forums you've become accustomed to the old layout as many of us have, but there will be some exciting new features to be added! My apologies for any disappointment! x

does this upgrade mean it'll be an https web address soon? 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

39 minutes ago, Monster said:

You can still see who likes posts!

Just click on the number beside the like button (if a post has been liked) and a small pop up box will appear with who has liked the post!

I'm very familiar with this kind of forum set up so if anyone has a question I can try and help out as much as I can.

Sure, for likes given after the upgrade that works. But all the like data from before the upgrade is gone. :(

It seems a little odd that that data can't be ported. @Elle Are you sure a script couldn't be written to restore that data?

1 hour ago, evilentity said:

Tables appear broken.

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Please DM me with any issues with tables!

Not sure why you want me to DM you about it, but it appears they're all completely broken.

Spoilers in old posts are broken too. So the formatting of basically every thread in my Early Shows section is trashed now. :barrie:

FYI if/when you fix spoiler tags, there was also a special centered spoiler called spoilerc that is also broken.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

does this upgrade mean it'll be an https web address soon? 

Skkkk yes, this is actually something I've been meaning to do for awhile x

1 minute ago, evilentity said:

Sure, for likes given after the upgrade that works. But all the like data from before the upgrade is gone. :(

It seems a little odd that that data can't be ported. @Elle Are you sure a script couldn't be written to restore that data?

Not sure why you want me to DM you about it, but it appears they're all completely broken.

Spoilers in old posts are broken too. So the formatting of basically every thread in my Early Shows section is trashed now. :barrie:

Let's take another look at this tomorrow - as stated in the OP, a lot of the site is still indexing. Just checked to see if anything about reputation points is there, and right now it's still at 0% (It's near the bottom of the list of all the things indexing. We're a huge site with lots of content!) Reindexing of posts is still being completed as well.

We'll see where it's at tomorrow, because it looks like there's a chance they may reappear. If not, it's something I can definitely look into further, but there could be a chance the data could not be imported because of how outdated we are and how many features are different.

Don't lose all hope yet, and I'll check back in about this once the rebuilding processes are complete x

Just now, Elle said:

Skkkk yes, this is actually something I've been meaning to do for awhile x

Also meant to ask, is there now a way to lose old warning points from a year or older? I'm not sure if this was just impossible in the old site so maybe it's possible in the new site, or if it's a rule thing set up by you already

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Also meant to ask, is there now a way to lose old warning points from a year or older? I'm not sure if this was just impossible in the old site so maybe it's possible in the new site, or if it's a rule thing set up by you already

Typically, Warning Points don't expire. No one else is able to see them except staff, and as long as you don't continue to rack them up (especially for the same infraction) you'll have nothing to worry about! Just always be on your best behaviour ;) x

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Typically, Warning Points don't expire. No one else is able to see them except staff, and as long as you don't continue to rack them up (especially for the same infraction) you'll have nothing to worry about! Just always be on your best behaviour ;) x

thank you for the update!!!!

two quick questions.. are you able to add more reactions to the like "blue heart" button?. the urban planning forum I'm in [uses Invision too] has a tray of emoticons when you hover over the like button  

& Ive noticed that I have two warning points show up when im supposed to have only one unless im looking at it wrong 

Gooood morning indeed! :wub: I’ll have to see what it looks like on desktop later but ahh, it’s so pretty on mobile! Thanks for your hard work, Elle, you definitely deserve some spaghetti now, haha! :heart: omggg I don’t need to keep a separate tab open for emoticons anymore YAS

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

15 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

thank you for the update!!!!

two quick questions.. are you able to add more reactions to the like "blue heart" button?. the urban planning forum I'm in [uses Invision too] has a tray of emoticons when you hover over the like button  

& Ive noticed that I have two warning points show up when im supposed to have only one unless im looking at it wrong 

You're very welcome! Yes, the feature to add different reactions (eg: shock, cry, etc.) is a possibility, but I'm not sure if I'll implement it. I have the concern that it would be too chaotic & confusing, and it may be best to just stick with the classic "like" feature for posts.

Hmm, that is strange.. it looks like you've been assigned two Warning Points, yet only "1" is listed. Perhaps one was revoked at one point? In the end it doesn't matter as if we were to ever look at your Warning Points to take further option, we can still view all you've received. But that also shouldn't be a problem if you continue to stay outta trouble! ;) x