Elle

Site Update COMPLETE - Read for more Info!

Weird question: does anyone else have a different avi on mobile? My new avi is on desktop when I use my Mac, but on my phone it still shows my old avi lol 

edit: just logged out and logged back in and it seems to have fixed itself sorry!

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Can someone please tell me how to insert an image, from imgur, specifically?

I tried everything and nothing worked. When I pasted the url into the "insert other media" thing it wouldn't accept it

ETA: NM I figured it out. In case anyone else is having the same issue, you need the direct image link which you can get by clicking it on imgur

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just popping in to say that at least as far as my LB experience is concerned the update has been amazing! So easy for my cryptkeeper ass to post emojis on mobile now! Everything is so much smoother!! 

I think the new forum software is great except that scrolling in Safari on MacOS is very laggy. I noticed this doesn't happen in Firefox. Is there anyway this can be fixed? :$

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

This is prob a v dumb question and I’m sorry in advanced but I always leave the tab for Lanaboards open on my phone and when I come back to read like the chemtrails topic or any topic it takes me back to the v first page instead of wherever I left off reading or the last comment that was here. Is there a way for me to fix that? 

On 8/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, Doin Time said:

I've noticed that emojis don't show up on statuses until you click on them. is this on purpose or a glitch?

I think it's on purpose as it means that the side of the website doesn't retroactively change size - same with videos and images not displaying until the status is clicked into. 

Question - @Elle - am I dreaming or did we used to have a spoiler tag in the formatting bar? I thought we had one there recently but now it seems to be gone? 

Bring me a Kit Kat

3lfQEhw.png

the old version (at least on mobile) would edit my previous post if it was the last one on that thread at that point and I tried to post again

while now it doesn't do that automatically anymore and out of habit, sometimes I post twice in a row 

If you linked to a post from a post in a *pre-update* post, the format of that link doesn't work post update. I induced something like a correct format that does work the way I want. Here's an example that demonstrates:

http://lanaboards.com/topic/11057-lana-and-jack-to-performappear-at-the-grammy-museum-oct-13/?do=findComment&comment=863065

How to do it now?:
When you copy and paste a post link from the share-post link (upper right corner) of a post, you have to be careful to select "show as link option" instead of "embed"; however, the choice seems to automatically embed if you don't select soon enough (or the selection choice isn't always shown, not sure).

9 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

I think it's on purpose as it means that the side of the website doesn't retroactively change size - same with videos and images not displaying until the status is clicked into. 

Question - @Elle - am I dreaming or did we used to have a spoiler tag in the formatting bar? I thought we had one there recently but now it seems to be gone? 

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, you're correct about it being instated that way so the website doesn't change size - if anyone remembers in the past, videos and such would alter the size of the site and look quite messy.

We did, I'm not sure why it disappeared! I just fixed it though, and the icon of the Eye is the spoiler button :)

8 hours ago, iwannadie said:

the old version (at least on mobile) would edit my previous post if it was the last one on that thread at that point and I tried to post again

while now it doesn't do that automatically anymore and out of habit, sometimes I post twice in a row 

With our new version, if your second post is more than a minute apart from your previous one, it will send as a new post. (I do have the option to change this timeframe however if that's what would be favourable.) You always have the option to edit your post though if you would like more content added to your post after the fact!

7 hours ago, slang said:

If you linked to a post from a post in a *pre-update* post, the format of that link doesn't work post update. I induced something like a correct format that does work the way I want. Here's an example that demonstrates:

http://lanaboards.com/topic/11057-lana-and-jack-to-performappear-at-the-grammy-museum-oct-13/?do=findComment&comment=863065

How to do it now?:
When you copy and paste a post link from the share-post link (upper right corner) of a post, you have to be careful to select "show as link option" instead of "embed"; however, the choice seems to automatically embed if you don't select soon enough (or the selection choice isn't always shown, not sure).

I'll look into this for you - I feel like I saw something about this in my admin controls, so I'll take a peek and get back to you x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

How do we embed Instagram posts now? I never got the hang of it on the old site :toofunny:

just copy the link and paste it, might take a few seconds to embed 

is there a way to view a single status update without having to go all the way to the persons profile? whenever I click on one either from the status updates section or my notifications it just brings me to that persons profile and I have to scroll all the way down to find the status I replied to. in the past it would bring you to a page with just that status, is there a way to get this back?? 

UbsOye5.png

2 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

is there a way to view a single status update without having to go all the way to the persons profile? whenever I click on one either from the status updates section or my notifications it just brings me to that persons profile and I have to scroll all the way down to find the status I replied to. in the past it would bring you to a page with just that status, is there a way to get this back?? 

I think you have to view them through the status updates stream which can be found third from the left under the lanaboards logo

http://lanaboards.com/discover/6/

Also regarding status updates, is there any way to view them by pages rather the "load more" button?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

2 hours ago, callmedecember said:

i really like the update but i think it would be better if i wouldn't receive a notification with every post that it's made on every thread i follow, it's overwhelming

You can actually change how frequently or what type of notifications you account in your account! 

http://lanaboards.com/notifications/options/

3lfQEhw.png

I just noticed that I've gotten e-mails in my spam folder every time there's a new message/DM for me here on LB. Is there a way to disable automatic e-mails?`Just feels a bit unnecessary since I check LB daily anyway.

Edit: Never mind, I think I've found it. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png