Mer

Israel and the UAE enter Peace Treaty

Israel and the UAE have entered a diplomatic agreement—in which Israel will no longer annex (read: colonize) the West Bank, and both countries will have peaceful relations. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/us/politics/trump-israel-united-arab-emirates-uae.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

A move in the right direction for ME peace (imo)...sadly Trump supporters will see it as a Trump Admin win tho

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

As someone of partial Jewish and Middle Eastern descent, this makes me extremely happy—and I hope that he Middle East Will once again look like the secular modern states that my grandparents told me about in the 60s and 70s in my lifetime. 

Everyone needs to read "Strategy for the Liberation of Palestine". Palestine must become free again, and Israel...should just stop existing.

giphy.gif

Why is it that almost any issue the world has is because of Israel? If you follow almost ANY global issues back as far as they go ; more often than not, Israel is involved.

seriously can we just wipe Israel off the face of the earth?

3 hours ago, veinsineon said:

Why is it that almost any issue the world has is because of Israel? If you follow almost ANY global issues back as far as they go ; more often than not, Israel is involved.

seriously can we just wipe Israel off the face of the earth?

i agree, but also as someone who lived in the ME for awhile--my family instilled in me that Israel is the one thing keeping us safe from our own dictators...that the fear Israel instills in the leaders of Iran, Turkey, Lebanon, etc, is the reason we haven't totally been killed and nuked by our own govts...

Israel definitely needs to be held accountable for their treatment of Palestinians: however saying wipe Israel off the map is deranged. They have a right to exist in a two state solution. They are a democratic country in an area of dictators that is important. It's so weird to me the absolute vitriol tankies have for Israel when you look at some of the countries and dictators they stan. U.S aid to Israel should be conditioned to very strict rules on what they can and can't do. Also, the Israel govt. gets away with so much corrupt lobbying in the U.S. Netanyahu needs to lose power for anything to change in the Middle East.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

On 8/14/2020 at 9:56 PM, Mer Boy said:

i agree, but also as someone who lived in the ME for awhile--my family instilled in me that Israel is the one thing keeping us safe from our own dictators...that the fear Israel instills in the leaders of Iran, Turkey, Lebanon, etc, is the reason we haven't totally been killed and nuked by our own govts...

I don't think Iran, Turkey, Lebanon, or any other Middle Eastern country would nuke anyone.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:41 PM, reaperofthepack said:

Israel definitely needs to be held accountable for their treatment of Palestinians: however saying wipe Israel off the map is deranged. They have a right to exist in a two state solution. They are a democratic country in an area of dictators that is important. It's so weird to me the absolute vitriol tankies have for Israel when you look at some of the countries and dictators they stan. U.S aid to Israel should be conditioned to very strict rules on what they can and can't do. Also, the Israel govt. gets away with so much corrupt lobbying in the U.S. Netanyahu needs to lose power for anything to change in the Middle East.

They do not have a right to live in land that is not theirs. That's settler bullshit. And your whining about tankies shows you don't understand why we support certain governments (hint: it's to prevent the United States from being able to install puppet and colonizer governments). Israelis can go back to whatever place they really came from. Or they could live in a secular and free Palestine instead of "Israel". But they'd have to be okay with a state that doesn't just belong to them.

giphy.gif