NEAL

BLACKPINK

ROSÉ needs to sing PARIS, periodt.

Because 'take me to YSL' obvs

Okay, BUTTERFLIES Pt.1 and 2 as well. Cos the fact that she used to be in a church choir back in Aussie is such a Butterfly pt.2

Make it Pawn Shop Blues, too. Lana needs to start that songwriter for other artists cred.

BLACKPINK #IceCream is what unreleased uptempo Lana was going to be.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

WTH are yall on!? I like ICE CREAM faster than HYLT, man! What?! I'm gonna smack yall with a bucket of ice cream!

Ok, ok I admit HYLT lyric will have the benefit of lyrical longevity, it is such a 'jilted solo-presenter of a class group presentation' anthem of all time. It's such a hustle hype song, ngl. It's a big fat fu song for former bullying bosses and colleagues at a shitty former workplace.

It's such an underdog avenging anthem, I can't help but root for the lyrics.

B-but Ice Cream tho.. it's Lana's level of double entendre kitsch, it's classic Lana. I mean 2009-2011 Lana was meant to be the writer of BLACKPINK songs! I want Lana to collab with BLACKPINK to get that GRAMMY for writer/producer category! I hereby manifesting this for the universe to hear!

From Coca Cola to Pepsi, Lana can only wish, lol.
blackpink-coca-cola-coke-play-2018-7.jpg1599807406-ehhtlh6uwaazbes.jpeg

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:22 AM, CinnamonGirl said:

did we frl not have a BLACKPINK thread?!?! WTF

but....Ice Cream is tragic

Sour Candy & How You Like That on the other hand:squidward:BANGERS

U betta take that 'tragic' comment back man, for everything I've written below. ::derpna:

On 8/29/2020 at 4:22 AM, CinnamonGirl said:

did we frl not have a BLACKPINK thread?!?! WTF

but....Ice Cream is tragic

Sour Candy & How You Like That on the other hand:squidward:BANGERS

U betta take that 'tragic' comment back man, for everything I've written below. :derpna:

ikr? where were we during 2016? Asking myself tbh, 2016 felt like such a long time ago.

Listening to Sour Candy feels like me eating a strawb shortcake, and when I was about to eat the strawb, somebody took it away from me. Why the heck does it sound so unfinished and so short? It's beyond, I don't wanna talk about it, I just-- Gaga, I was rootin for ya!

On 8/29/2020 at 1:17 PM, Venice said:

Aww, I love BP!!! I'm not a fan of Ice Cream, but all their other songs are 100. My bias is Lalisa 

My bias kept changing all the time? Is this common in kpopstandom? Who-- what-- I don't--

On 8/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, BLURRYFACE said:

omg finally a thread for blackpink!! :flutter:

ice cream was cute, but I think I still like 'how you like that' more :party:

IC is too cute, i-- :blush2:

5 hours ago, WildMustang said:

Very catchy songs and cute girls

That's why I want Lana to write for them catchy cute songs. :icant: 
Lana is meant to be in this nurturing, elder sister, mentor type of roles.
BLACKPINK - HIT & RUN, imagine that.

2 hours ago, NEAL said:

That's why I want Lana to write for them catchy cute songs. :icant: 
Lana is meant to be in this nurturing, elder sister, mentor type of roles.
BLACKPINK - HIT & RUN, imagine that.

wait, that'd be iconic 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

20 hours ago, NEAL said:

My bias kept changing all the time? Is this common in kpopstandom? Who-- what-- I don't--

I think so! Which I think is a good thing? Because it means so many are so cute :flutter: :deadbanana:

18 hours ago, PrettyBaby said:

I wanted to like Ice Cream. The girls sold it as best they could, but... it's got two chords :facepalm:

bp: #HowYouLikeThat two chords?

me: like it like dis ?

:lel:

1 hour ago, fl0ridakil0s said:

Time for me to login into me old TFS account

13 hours ago, Venice said:

I think so! Which I think is a good thing? Because it means so many are so cute :flutter: :deadbanana:

It's not necessarily all of them being cute, I found myself watching endless fanvideos compilation of them being total crackheads? i--

Which, I know by now, is one of the standard best practices in kpop? ie these idols are presented in various variety shows, showing more often than not the ultra opposite of their stage/idol personas?

I remember a Michael Jackson (non-verbatim) quote: A celebrity/idol must maintain their 'idolhood' persona, otherwise everything is ruined.

Of which, I can understand at one perspective.

Kpop, packaging their idols like so, is deconstructing that imo, all the while being an also ultra-opposite (to UK/US) in terms of dealing with these idols private lives, apart from what they agree to show on screen.

The fact that nobody has ever seen/know anything about Jennie's dad, or Lisa's biological dad--is a feat in itself imo.

kpop fanwars is a whole another beast, lmao

I assumed that 90% of the kpop fans engaging in these 'fanwars' to be mentally around 4-10 yos