NEAL

BLACKPINK

damn I really didn't like the album...ย  only enjoyed how you like that, pretty savage and crazy over youย :pft:

ย 

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

1 minute ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

Oh my, that beat all over the song... Doesn't sound good to me, at all.

As some user said here, it does kinda reminds of Stoplight De-lite, but in a bad way lmao

Hahahaha, it's such aย guilt free track for me, I just ran away with it.ย 
Ah dam, Lana grant some of your unreleasedย to BP, will ye?ย 

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I'm testing this feature... 1, 2, 1, 2.. has anyone seen @evilentityย @FROGGOย @YUNGATAlately? Woah it worked! @Elleย darling thank you for all of these feature updates! How about a shoutboxย eh? Hm, hm?

ย 

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

3 hours ago, NEAL said:

I'm testing this feature... 1, 2, 1, 2.. has anyone seen @evilentityย @FROGGOย @YUNGATAlately? Woah it worked! @Elleย darling thank you for all of these feature updates! How about a shoutboxย eh? Hm, hm?

ย 

ย 

Hi Neal!!!ย :wave2:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

14 minutes ago, YUNGATA said:

ย 

Hi Neal!!!ย :wave2:

OMG! How many children do you have now, dude!ย :omfg2:

I just finished watching the BP documentary on Netflix. It was pretty cool to be able to recognize footage from the start till today and their pre-debut days too, it reminded me of how long Iโ€™ve know of this group and their members. I also liked that they showed the darker sides of the k-pop industry, like, super hectic schedules, strictย training (only two days off a month, poor things) etc.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 10/20/2020 at 7:19 AM, Clampigirl said:

I just finished watching the BP documentary on Netflix. It was pretty cool to be able to recognize footage from the start till today and their pre-debut days too, it reminded me of how long Iโ€™ve know of this group and their members. I also liked that they showed the darker sides of the k-pop industry, like, super hectic schedules, strictย training (only two days off a month, poor things) etc.

ย 

same! I really loved too how I think Rosรฉ said that the only difference between American pop acts and kpop is the amount of time they spend training. there's something in me that just...for some reason thrives knowing there's a literal pop bootcamp. call me crazy haha.ย 

What Teddy is wondering is something Iโ€™ve wondered before too, like, k-pop is literally western pop music but sung in Korean... why call itย k-pop? Maybe because j-pop was bigger before and they just switched out the j for a k.

But yeah, Rosรฉ is right, the trainee thing they have in Korea is probably the biggest difference.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 10/22/2020 at 4:43 PM, Clampigirl said:

What Teddy is wondering is something Iโ€™ve wondered before too, like, k-pop is literally western pop music but sung in Korean... why call itย k-pop? Maybe because j-pop was bigger before and they just switched out the j for a k.

But yeah, Rosรฉ is right, the trainee thing they have in Korea is probably the biggest difference.

Daniel Jones of Savage Garden once said (non-verbatim):ย 
"Pop is from the word 'popular'.ย 
So whatever genre is currently popular,ย 
then THAT is pop music."
ย 

BACH, CHOPIN, MOZART was pop music.ย 
SINATRA, ASTAIRE, COUNT BASSIE was pop music.ย 
ELVIS, HENDRIX, BEE GEES was pop music.ย 
THE CURE, MORRISSEY, MARIAH CAREY was pop music.ย 
BSB, NSYNC, GREEN DAY, DESTINYS CHILD was pop music.ย 
BLACKPINK, ARIANA, TAYLOR, 1D, LANA DEL REY, JASON DE RULO is pop music.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:35 AM, jvsminefempop said:

ย 

same! I really loved too how I think Rosรฉ said that the only difference between American pop acts and kpop is the amount of time they spend training. there's something in me that just...for some reason thrives knowing there's a literal pop bootcamp. call me crazy haha.ย 

I like how Jennie was visibly amused when Kimmel mention Hogwarts as an analogy of the KPOP idol music companies.

ย 

pop bootcamp:ย isn't it essentially the same tho, with all of the million talents shows and reality tv since god knows when?

It's kinda interesting tho if we draw comparisons of it to Korean's culture of 'gisaeng'.

The career of most kisaeng was very short, generally peaking at age 16 or 17, and over by age 22.[12]ย Only a few kisaeng were able to maintain their business for very long beyond this time. It may be for this reason that the kisaeng training institutes accepted entrants as young as eight.[13]ย All kisaeng were obliged by law to retire at age 50.

ย 

Yay! They are coming to my country, but now I have to go through the process of trying to get tickets when there is only 1 date in my entire countryย :noparty::trisha:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,ย ย je sais que tu m'aimes aussiย ~

I listened to their new single this morning. I can't say I liked it, I was a bit disappointed to be honest. It's the same like their previous comeback singles, I was hoping Teddy (he's still producing their songs, right?) would give them something slightly new to make them evolve. It's like they're stuck in the same sound which made them huge. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png