Elle

Billboard Fan Army Face-Off 2020 - Round 2: Lana Del Rey vs. EXO [VOTING OPEN]

Billboard is currently hosting their 2020 Fan Army Face-Off bracket, and Lana Del Rey & her fans are included in the 64 artists/fanbases chosen for the bracket.

Currently, Round 2 is taking place with Lana Del Rey against EXO.

You can vote for Lana by clicking here.

03-fan-army-update-2020-billboard-1548-1

The rest of the rounds are scheduled as follows:

Round 1 - Sept. 1: Lana Del Rey (55.9%) vs. BTS (44.1%)

Round 2 - Sept. 8: Lana Del Rey vs. EXO

Round 3 - Sept. 15

Round 4 - Sept. 22

Round 5 - Sept. 29

Round 6 - Oct. 6

Winner Announced: Oct. 13

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Not the description... :toofloppy:

"The best part about LDR’s fan army is that they don’t really have a name, though Lanatics and Gangsters have been tossed around. Either way, they hang on every four-letter word she teases and are cool with waiting months as she drip, drip drips out info on her latest album, book of poetry or movie track."

Ummm . . . me not knowing who half of these artists are. Truly, tragically out of touch with reality. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Lana could actually go pretty far in this! But Tay Tay fans are actually freakishly scary so I don't think she'll win.

3lfQEhw.png

12 minutes ago, katebusho said:

Lana vs BoTS
it makes me laugh!
Lana has already lost, its an accomplished fact.
the BoTS are invincible when it comes to voting

4 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

Lmao Lana stans against army? 

That's 100% a loss

This was my initial thought too, but the third day into voting, Lana's in the lead! So vote, vote, vote! x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Lmao this is a lost battle already... If B*n thinks that Lana stans are "rabid" I wonder how he would define KPOP stans :mj:

They should've put BTS stans against a stronger fanbase duh

Edit: nvm I didn't see @Elle's last post, let's keep voting then!

Lanarat.png

I hate kpop. So overrated X_X But some people like being hyped up about the numbers. "A lot of people like something = this must be great for suuure right?" Their music is weak af but they can dance and look nicely. That's it. Popular ones like BTS will be forgotten next 2-10 years when someone else will have even higher numbers. only the artists like Lana will never be forgotten.

Mmeow~

2 hours ago, World At War said:

"The best part about LDR’s fan army is that they don’t really have a name, though Lanatics and Gangsters have been tossed around. Either way, they hang on every four-letter word she teases and are cool with waiting months as she drip, drip drips out info on her latest album, book of poetry or movie track."

I SCREAMED

yes I would like to be called a gangster for being a lana del rey fan :nails:

and lanatics lmfaooooooo sounds like we're 10 (sometimes we are tho)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I SCREAMED

yes I would like to be called a gangster for being a lana del rey fan :nails:

and lanatics lmfaooooooo sounds like we're 10 (sometimes we are tho)

I’ve always thought the Lanatics name fit quite well for us, because some of you guys really are complete lunatics :toofunny:

I don’t see this obsession with K-Pop, much like how I never understood the obsession people had with boy bands in the late 90s/ early 2000s. 

Their fans are rabid. Say one thing remotely critical of them and the fans attack you like mosquitos. 

Personally I think this K-POP thing will fizzle out over time. 

As for us Lana fans, we should have a name. Lanatics is fine by me. Actually maybe we need a thread on Lanaboards for developing a name for this fan base! Maybe a poll too! 

3 hours ago, World At War said:

Reycists

rihKQ8M.gif

17 minutes ago, Elle said:

I’ve always thought the Lanatics name fit quite well for us, because some of you guys really are complete lunatics :toofunny:

I mean, it does make a lot of sense because yeah some of us are really insane

I just think it's way too basic for us and it resembles demi lovato's fan base name, we need something cooler :makeup2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

35 minutes ago, Elle said:

I thought the word was a play on “fanatic”? :0

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png