Elle

Billboard Fan Army Face-Off 2020 - Round 2: Lana Del Rey vs. EXO [VOTING OPEN]

Things aren't looking good guys.. EXO is in the lead with 74.3% of the votes while Lana only has 25.7% :toofunny:

Keep on sending your votes in, this round is even tougher for us! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

22 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

if we win we'll be facing ariana grande, so it's a loss for us either way. 

Actually Ariana is currently losing her battle against GOT7, another Kpop group. Kpop groups are currently winning 6 out of the 7 battles they're in lol. The only losing Kpop group right now is Blackpink to Miley Cyrus, so if Lana wins, we'll most likely continue to be against Kpop groups.

But on the brighter side, Lana's vote is growing, now at 26.1%! Still have a far way to go, but it's a positive thing we're growing x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

17 minutes ago, Elle said:

Actually Ariana is currently losing her battle against GOT7, another Kpop group. Kpop groups are currently winning 6 out of the 7 battles they're in lol. The only losing Kpop group right now is Blackpink to Miley Cyrus, so if Lana wins, we'll most likely continue to be against Kpop groups.

But on the brighter side, Lana's vote is growing, now at 26.1%! Still have a far way to go, but it's a positive thing we're growing x

the disconnection between these votes and reality is...something... who even listens to got7, superjunior and exo anymore... and blackpink (more current than any of these has-beens) is losing? internalized misogyny alert not that it's anything new among boy group fangirls :awkney:

I'll keep voting for lana, hopefully she'll win somehow 

One thing you need to understand about k-pop stans is that if it's k-pop group A VS group B, they'll make sure everyone in the fandom will vote for their group but when it's k-pop group VS an artist or band outside of the k-pop industry, they make sure everyone who's into k-pop vote for the group. It's been like this for years, even ten years ago when I was more into k-pop than what I am today. They're organized as heck, they know how everything works, how to win in polls, how to make things trending etc. Winning against k-pop stans is almost impossible, especially today when it's at its peak in popularity (meaning more international fans who take time to participate in these things).

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

One thing you need to understand about k-pop stans is that if it's k-pop group A VS group B, they'll make sure everyone in the fandom will vote for their group but when it's k-pop group VS an artist or band outside of the k-pop industry, they make sure everyone who's into k-pop vote for the group. It's been like this for years, even ten years ago when I was more into k-pop than what I am today. They're organized as heck, they know how everything works, how to win in polls, how to make things trending etc. Winning against k-pop stans is almost impossible, especially today when it's at its peak in popularity (meaning more international fans who take time to participate in these things).

can confirm. these people act like voting is a 9 to 5. its insane. (and also really unhealthy) best of luck against exo-l's yall, theyre a veteran kpop fandom. i would vote but i got like 2 tests this week i need to study for :oprah2:

Just now, gyu said:

can confirm. these people act like voting is a 9 to 5. its insane. (and also really unhealthy) best of luck against exo-l's yall, theyre a veteran kpop fandom. i would vote but i got like 2 tests this week i need to study for :oprah2:

Good luck with the tests! ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

10 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

who even listens to got7, superjunior and exo anymore... and blackpink (more current than any of these has-beens) is losing? internalized misogyny alert not that it's anything new among boy group fangirls :awkney:

i do listen to got7. stay pressed !:smokes:

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Well, it's a horrible strategy if they want their faves to be taken seriously and get critically recognized (that's what they all complain about after all). Rabid fandoms have never been a good look on any type of artist (even non kpop and jpop). It always puts off critics and therefore blocks the artist from getting any credible awards that aren't fan voted. bts, while not exactly my favorites but i do admit that they have some good deep cuts, would be taken a lot more seriously if it weren't for the armys that spammed every single corner of the internet which just turned bts into a meme rather than actual competent artists. 

7 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i do listen to got7. stay pressed !:smokes:

sis, that's just you! got7 haven't had a hit since like 2016/2017

5 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

Well, it's a horrible strategy if they want their faves to be taken seriously and get critically recognized (that's what they all complain about after all). Rabid fandoms have never been a good look on any type of artist (even non kpop and jpop). It always puts off critics and therefore blocks the artist from getting any credible awards that aren't fan voted. bts, while not exactly my favorites but i do admit that they have some good deep cuts, would be taken a lot more seriously if it weren't for the armys that spammed every single corner of the internet which just turned bts into a meme rather than actual competent artists. 

I agree, partly. I think it was a pretty clever strategy when k-pop wasn’t as big as it today, if was a way to bring attention to bands a majority of people living in the west would never have heard of. If it weren’t for k-pop stans 10-15 (20?) years ago, I don’t think the (music) world would look the way it does today, I think we’d only keep listening to western music. (But one might argue we still do as most/a lot of the songs are written by westerners, it’s just the language that’s different.)

But yes, it’s gotten a bit out of hand the past years. Tweeting a reply with a k-pop video to a person, celebrity or not, who says they’re feeling suicidal isn’t the smartest thing stans have done. Extreme example, I know, but still. It’s better to share your love for k-pop when it’s relevant and not just pure spamming.

I’m pretty sure the important and heavy awards are independent of what the fans think, but fans can definitely help their groups win awards through tele voting for certain tv-shows etc.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I agree, partly. I think it was a pretty clever strategy when k-pop wasn’t as big as it today, if was a way to bring attention to bands a majority of people living in the west would never have heard of. If it weren’t for k-pop stans 10-15 (20?) years ago, I don’t think the (music) world would look the way it does today, I think we’d only keep listening to western music. (But one might argue we still do as most/a lot of the songs are written by westerners, it’s just the language that’s different.)

But yes, it’s gotten a bit out of hand the past years. Tweeting a reply with a k-pop video to a person, celebrity or not, who says they’re feeling suicidal isn’t the smartest thing stans have done. Extreme example, I know, but still. It’s better to share your love for k-pop when it’s relevant and not just pure spamming.

I’m pretty sure the important and heavy awards are independent of what the fans think, but fans can definitely help their groups win awards through tele voting for certain tv-shows etc.

i find it hilarious that they want kpop to be treated like every other genre when they continue to do weird shit that makes them (negatively) stand out from the rest. spamming fancams on every thread on Twitter, telling cupcakke to kill herself on live while she's clearly going through a mental breakdown just cause she made an ironic song about jk and harassing normal people for allegedly hooking up with your oppas is not gonna make people look at kpop as a music genre rather than a cult. what's not clicking.. :runs:

10 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i find it hilarious that they want kpop to be treated like every other genre when they continue to do weird shit that makes them (negatively) stand out from the rest. spamming fancams on every thread on Twitter, telling cupcakke to kill herself on live while she's clearly going through a mental breakdown just cause she made an ironic song about jk and harassing normal people for allegedly hooking up with your oppas is not gonna make people look at kpop as a music genre rather than a cult. what's not clicking.. :runs:

I hope these fans who does these things are just young teenagers who will grow up later and realize there’s better ways of being a fan.

And regarding being infatuated with your oppa... I’ll never forget the time a radio station here interviewed two girls and they both said they’re looking for Korean boys to date and the reason behind that was because of cute k-pop oppas...! I mean, I was a teen into k-pop too when I heard that but COME ON. K-pop idols aren’t what most people look like and/or behave.

Lemme just add that there are good k-pop fans out there too, it’s not good to just think of the extreme cases but... yeah. They’re maybe just harder to find among all the spamming posts and not the ones we remember.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I hope these fans who does these things are just young teenagers who will grow up later and realize there’s better ways of being a fan.

And regarding being infatuated with your oppa... I’ll never forget the time a radio station here interviewed two girls and they both said they’re looking for Korean boys to date and the reason behind that was because of cute k-pop oppas...! I mean, I was a teen into k-pop too when I heard that but COME ON.

these people are the reason why i never got into a boy group no matter how hard i tried, it's not a surprise that i was into kpop during the girl group dominating era (snsd, 2ne1, t-ara, etc). girl group fans could get just as crazy but at least their support isn't built on fetishization..