Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

23 minutes ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

Miss Del Rey just posted to her stories. Of a new MV coming out! It looks like it’s for the American classics record tho

she looks so fucking beautiful in it

It's already out :D

12 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Single cover concept

ACA92-C41-A51-F-4-A5-F-AA0-B-CCC9-A31278

omg THIS is exactly like what I imagine when I think of the music video/album cover! I love that you can see the country club and the fact that it's almost like we're looking at Lana from the backseat...like its so ominous and the retro car and vintage horror movie poster font is just perfect!

This is definitely my favorite chemtrails concept cover you've made!

:oprah:

22 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

the second Summertime producer posted that he and lana met when she was in nashville and they made a lot of music over the next days:excited: maybe Jack is finally going away:byeh8rs2:

lol poor Jack. He is so under appreciated here. 
Though I must say that Zach Dawes as a producer on an album after the American Standards would be something. 

8 minutes ago, baddisease said:

why do y'all hate Jack so much? NFR was good.

It's not hate. I'm very much one of the few stans to which NFR did nothing... It's a good album, there are great songs on there (love me the title track, 'Venice Bitch' and 'The greatest'). But the production just kinda fell flat at times. I won't attribute the album's shortcomings to Jack alone, but the album just has this sort of flat, dry and anticlimatic sound I don't like. I feel like her past albums (even Lust for Life) had much more "texture" sonically. Most of the album lacks bass, the instrumentation (besides a few good tracks) is sometimes non-existent or erased (?), don't even get me started on the tinny piano and vocal treatment on most songs. It's like a lot of track on 'NFR' have that demo-y vibe (looking at you 'How to disappear'). 

But like I said, this is purely personal, what one might enjoy someone else might not. For instance, a lot of people don't like the 'Ultraviolence' sound, I do. To me, 'NFR' is not that revolutionary album, it's a cute album, but it's paired with a middle-of-the-road production/mastering. I hope 'Chemtrails' doesn't go down the same road, because judging from that single, while it's a cute song, it kinda fits right in with the 'NFR' sound.

Mais les vrais voyageurs sont ceux-là seuls qui partent. Pour partir, coeurs légers, semblables aux ballons. De leur fatalité jamais ils ne s'écartent. Et, sans savoir pourquoi, disent toujours : Allons !

4 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

It's not hate. I'm very much one of the few stans to which NFR did nothing... It's a good album, there are great songs on there (love me the title track, 'Venice Bitch' and 'The greatest'). But the production just kinda fell flat at times. I won't attribute the album's shortcomings to Jack alone, but the album just has this sort of flat, dry and anticlimatic sound I don't like. I feel like her past album (even Lust for Life) had much more "texture" sonically. Most of the album lacks bass, the instrumentation (besides a few good tracks) is sometimes non-existent or erased (?), don't even get me started on the tinny piano. It's like a lot of track on 'NFR' have that demo-y vibe (look at you 'How to disappear').

But like I said, this is purely personal, what one might enjoy someone else might not. To me, 'NFR' is not that revolutionary album, it's a cute album, but it's paired with a middle-of-the-road production/mastering. I hope 'Chemtrails' doesn't go down the same road, because judging from that single, while it's a cute song, it kinda fits right in with the 'NFR' sound.

thank you for your explanation, you speaks to me from the heart. I hope that there will be more songs like "Tulsa Jesus Freak" on COCC. I like her earlier stuff, (BtD-Lust for Life), Honeymoon was outstanding, but her new cover is a step in the right direction. 

I'm back with some shitty edits. I was messing around with Photoshop and I ended up with some psychedelic album cover with green chemtrails, like some of you wanted.

(But I'm still bad at cutting edges. :fabcat:)

Blue Version:

Spoiler

One-Head:

Spoiler

JA5d9rE.jpg

Two-Head:

Spoiler

l6uv8uU.jpg

Three-Head:

Spoiler

9vMHUhi.jpg

Red Version:

Spoiler

(These ones don't have green chemtrails but red and purple hues)

One-Head:

Spoiler

zWXSCOb.jpg

Two-Head:

Spoiler

Il59nBD.jpg

Three-Head:

Spoiler

Xj5hkG3.jpg

They're textless because it's 11pm and I'm lazy. :xgiggle:

xXREqtE.gif 

3 hours ago, MAX DEL REY said:

It's not hate. I'm very much one of the few stans to which NFR did nothing... It's a good album, there are great songs on there (love me the title track, 'Venice Bitch' and 'The greatest'). But the production just kinda fell flat at times. I won't attribute the album's shortcomings to Jack alone, but the album just has this sort of flat, dry and anticlimatic sound I don't like. I feel like her past albums (even Lust for Life) had much more "texture" sonically. Most of the album lacks bass, the instrumentation (besides a few good tracks) is sometimes non-existent or erased (?), don't even get me started on the tinny piano and vocal treatment on most songs. It's like a lot of track on 'NFR' have that demo-y vibe (looking at you 'How to disappear'). 

But like I said, this is purely personal, what one might enjoy someone else might not. For instance, a lot of people don't like the 'Ultraviolence' sound, I do. To me, 'NFR' is not that revolutionary album, it's a cute album, but it's paired with a middle-of-the-road production/mastering. I hope 'Chemtrails' doesn't go down the same road, because judging from that single, while it's a cute song, it kinda fits right in with the 'NFR' sound.

I feel like I have such a love-hate relationship with NFR (mostly love-) but one of the major reasons it’s one of my favorites is simply because VB, MAC, And California are on it (with VB probably BEING my favorite song of all time for like 2 years now and in my opinion her best song). There’s some choices on the album that I disagree with, like TNBAR, but most of the negatives I have with the album I attribute to Lana and not Jack tbh. I’m pretty sure he just acquiesced to adding TNBAR for example to the album because she knows a lot of fans like the song, and I’m pretty sure Lana herself was like “Bro I want a sick beat for HtD :toofunny:” idk despite that, imo it’s still on par for being her greatest album alongside with UV. People call it a “safe” album but I wouldn’t it call it that, I would more call it something for comfortable or even more personal in a way - not RAW, but more of a slice of her daily life. IMO it also depends on exactly what music genre you like. I’m a huge fan of psychedelia, 70s rock, and singer/songwriter, and I think the songs from UV and NFR really fit that criteria for me, whereas a lot of her other fans I know definitely prefer her more jazzy and/or baroque pop sound. I personally don’t think her fan base will ever be 100% happy with an album she releases just because it’s just so big and diverse with different musical tastes.

sgopYhV.gif