Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I just realized in COTCC she says “I want you only” then later in BUS she’ll say “I love you only and it’s making me blue” :xcry:

tumblr_n1kqlhFWqn1sr1ki0o1_500.gifv
“I can be cruel, but let me be gentle with you”

singing thru paper sounds really mysterious and eerie but not when u use it thru the whole song like on lfl. When she suddenly starts whispering thru paper on cocc bridge is the best part. I love the contrast. Wish she would use it just as an addition/backing vocals on more cocc tracks

62 days and 63 midnights :squidward::justride:

I still can’t get over how the wall of sound starts really building up during the second chorus :poordat:

you’re born in December I’m born in June being mixed together with under the chemtrails over the country club is a whole moment. This is definitely my favorite song by her in a LONG time, I’m not gonna rank it anywhere until the ‘new song’ effect has time to settle 

34 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I just realized in COTCC she says “I want you only” then later in BUS she’ll say “I love you only and it’s making me blue” :xcry:

I love when even the lyrics are cohesive in an album that’s already musically cohesive. It just adds so much. She didn’t that on NFR and it gives the album so much meaning. And we also know she’s referencing the candle in the wind in Yosemite and TJF

edit: I meant to say she did that on NFR, I didn’t notice I said didn’t before :crai:

3 hours ago, Lustrouslines said:

is chemtrails lana’s biggest single? it’s racked up 5 million views in 2 days

It's not actually. When it comes to youtube - Love and LFL were bigger. But. it's doing surprisingly good on spotify - 3.5m streams in 2 whole days + couple of hours from Monday. Gives 1.1m, 1.2m, 1.2m in 3 days. Playlisting can help. Current playlists reach is 12m...this is so little ( for example willow by TS has 114m and Bilie's therefore i am 151m).

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

yet another day without the UO exclusive being listed :pft:

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I just need them to hurry up, please! :bebe:

Should be tomorrow!! I guess they announce and release on Fridays! Hopefully tomorrow we get some playlisting for COCC single as well.

2 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Should be tomorrow!! I guess they announce and release on Fridays! Hopefully tomorrow we get some playlisting for COCC single as well.

2 minutes ago, wild caged animal said:

The NFR exclusive was revealed on the friday after the announcement. So it could be tomorrow

Edit: I'm always late, even without mod queue:ma:

Oh, okay!! Thanks guys <3 Hopefully tomorrow we see Neil’s alternate cover with a pastel green vinyl show up on UO’s site :oopna:

58 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

singing thru paper sounds really mysterious and eerie but not when u use it thru the whole song like on lfl. When she suddenly starts whispering thru paper on cocc bridge is the best part. I love the contrast. Wish she would use it just as an addition/backing vocals on more cocc tracks

She posted video of it at the time, on Facebook at the very least. She was just holding it up to her face, so that the top of the paper, as I recall, was about eye level on her. 

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

She posted video of it at the time, on Facebook at the very least. She was just holding it up to her face, so that the top of the paper, as I recall, was about eye level on her. 

wait u mean cocc era? do u have the pic?

1 hour ago, archiemm said:

can't stop listening to the ave maria instrumental leak and thinking how jack antonoff ruined lana del rey. imagine coccs visuals with dramatic strings and lanas strong 2013 vocals

i believe in dan heath supremacy 

:trisha::trisha:

1000% agree with you.  No disrespect to JA, and I know Lana runs her own show and these are her choices. I certainly respect that!  It's just bittersweet because there was only one track that I liked on the entirety of NFR.  I'm already worried that there's only going to be one or two tracks that I like on COCC. The first four records are my favorites and I don't have any tracks that I skip on any of those.  I did like Hey Blue Baby and I certainly wouldn't mind if she did a full-on country album, because with her vocals, lyrics, storytelling skills, Etc, I have no doubt she'd be able to make a fantastic country record. But I do hope she switches things up in the future and works with people besides Jack Antonoff.  Until then, I will continue to be fed by all these leaks from the previous eras!  :candy: