Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Marius said:

A smash hit :wowcry: The day before it had 787k. 500k increase. We love to see our girl WINNING. :hype:

It'll serve longevity!

i was so unsure of what to expect going into cocc with only the mv trailer that basically the first 10-20 times i listened to the song i didn't even really process it. but listening to it right now i'm in awe of how much i love it and the little details in it!!

it's perfect for rainy mornings :wub:

EqQ36tk.png?1

8 hours ago, mrborntolose said:

Y’all we don’t realize it but we really are in the midst of her best album yet (tho the era itself is a bit underwhelming)

I really think we are. I couldn’t fully justify it, but this album has felt special to me from the very beginning. In spite of the messiness I just love the global vibe of the era. Her being blonde, writing during quarantine, having grown from her baddie thing, having grown out of LFL through NFR to give us a more thought out, more cohesive album. I feel like she’s being honest about what she feels now, and yes, it comes at the price of QFTC controversy, but it also makes everything much more moving. And about QTFC, while we all agree her viewpoint lacks knowledge and humility, it also could be really worse than it is, and at least we can’t be let to think she supports Trump and stuff - things that could have been possible before LFL when she simply did not address those topics. She’s not selling the record as something extraordinary as she did for Ultraviolence, she’s not showing multiple snippets of it, and she said the poetry had come first, yet I think it’s going to be a brilliant body of work. Just like her best songs are those she doesn’t seem to notice or remember, and the ones she likes most aren’t at the same level. The fact that she put Yosemite on it gives me the impression of a full-circle moment. It’s like she’s at peace with things. I’m just sad about Dealer but even this I’m much more okay with than when LFL songs were scrapped.

25 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I really think we are. I couldn’t fully justify it, but this album has felt special to me from the very beginning. In spite of the messiness I just love the global vibe of the era. Her being blonde, writing during quarantine, having grown from her baddie thing, having grown out of LFL through NFR to give us a more thought out, more cohesive album. I feel like she’s being honest about what she feels now, and yes, it comes at the price of QFTC controversy, but it also makes everything much more moving. And about QTFC, while we all agree her viewpoint lacks knowledge and humility, it also could be really worse than it is, and at least we can’t be let to think she supports Trump and stuff - things that could have been possible before LFL when she simply did not address those topics. She’s not selling the record as something extraordinary as she did for Ultraviolence, she’s not showing multiple snippets of it, and she said the poetry had come first, yet I think it’s going to be a brilliant body of work. Just like her best songs are those she doesn’t seem to notice or remember, and the ones she likes most aren’t at the same level. The fact that she put Yosemite on it gives me the impression of a full-circle moment. It’s like she’s at peace with things. I’m just sad about Dealer but even this I’m much more okay with than when LFL songs were scrapped.

The whole feeling of the album, so far, reminds me a lot of Honeymoon. Honeymoon might have been aerial, while Chemtrails is a bit more « warm » and serene, but both are dreamy.

production-wise, there’s a richness in production, many layers of vocals and subtle instruments (yes, even LMLYLAW), which HM had. Chemtrails feels like the love child of HM and NFR, which are my two faves from her (don’t worry, y’all: UV is close second :p )

2 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

Apparently Lana is singing the whole song and the girls are just harmonising. Same for BUS with Nikki

I’m down for the Zella and Weyes collab, but wasn’t sure about the Nikki one. If they’re just harmonizing, I wouldn’t be against it. On how many « collabs » did Lana just do that? Her guests can do that as well, from time to time. 

This is the third time, a Lana album won't have a song with strings at the beginning within the first two tracks... :toofunny:

First, Paradise, then Lust for Life... Now Chemtrails...

I know Ride has strings, but it doesn't really count. Not the way BTD, UV, HM and NFR do.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

7 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

I just saw a tweet about the White Dress descriptions today so of course that means that it was discussed on LanaBoards 2 days prior (read through 8 billion pages). The title never intrigued me but now i am :trisha:

can you post link to the tweet please, i cant bother spending 1 hour scrolling back a 100 page lol 

im wondering if the title really was “White Dress/Waitress” and there is something about waitressing in the song, or if it was called “White Dress” from the beginning but Interview Magazine just didn’t understand if she said white dress or waitress. Both of these words sound almost the same if u say them out loud. 

@Eclipse callin you 

you are boring me to death and im already dead. 

:bodyisready:

15 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

im wondering if the title really was “White Dress/Waitress” and there is something about waitressing in the song, or if it was called “White Dress” from the beginning but Interview Magazine just didn’t understand if she said white dress or waitress. Both of these words sound almost the same if u say them out loud. 

@Eclipse callin you 

source.gif