Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

After her BBC interview I swore I was unstanning but now I'm obsessed with COCC... the shackles this woman has on me...

you, me and everyone else who’s still here:q6hyRW9.gif

9 minutes ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

After her BBC interview I swore I was unstanning but now I'm obsessed with COCC... the shackles this woman has on me...

Just wait until you Stay That Close to Jesus in FULL IN JUST OVER 60 DAYS 

6-FC19689-9441-4-D37-8-F9-B-A861-E9-A070

1 hour ago, past the bushes said:

Hide contents

I have to admit, both Chemtrails and LMLYLAW are growers, I kinda liked them on my first couple of listens but now I completely adore them :trisha: March can't come soon enough

i completely agree!!! LMLYLAW honestly kind of annoyed me at first because it felt too similar to NFR, but after listening to it for a while, especially after hearing chemtrails, i've realized the sound and atmosphere of it is so unique and different from NFR. if it was part of NFR, it would probably feel pretty out of place. for both LMLYAW and chemtrials it took a few listens for me to realize that each song has a gorgeous feeling and combination of instruments and voice that makes them so special. :wowcry:

EqQ36tk.png?1

I’m loving all the LMLYLAW / COTCC appreciation here :wub: they’re just pure bliss.

LMLYLAW feels like a warm hug from Lana and knowing the sentiments behind it, it’s one of my favourite songs of all time. Upon first listen, I heard its sonic divergence from NFR - it’s all in the details, minute instrumental ornamentations, subtle chord progressions, and anthemic vocals - I’m so happy to see people seeing it for what it is! :thankyou:

Chemtrails has also quickly become a part of my top favourites for reasons that I feel like I don’t even have to explain. Anyone and everyone can see the magic in that track. :flutter:

I really hope that the "White Dress" video is directed by BRTHR again. I know one of the guys was with her in Hawaii. Maybe they got some filming done there?

Not expecting anything as high budget as COTCC, but they would still provide excellent visuals regardless!

8lvz7w8.jpg

i asked this earlier but i think it got lost in the bunch, has there been an edit of the alternate cover art but with her eye fixed? I would love to use an edit that keeps everything the same, just fixes that lazy eye, as the cover art in my phone when the album comes out

Just putting it out into the universe that I’m really, really hoping to get a song on CoCC that has that big and bold, iconic Lana sound. Like the instrumentals/background vocal work/etc. of some of her biggest songs, the intensity of it all is just... intense (it’s late here ok lol). Hit me like a hurricane with it :poordat: Please come true and please come through :crai:

3 hours ago, honeybadger said:

i completely agree!!! LMLYLAW honestly kind of annoyed me at first because it felt too similar to NFR, but after listening to it for a while, especially after hearing chemtrails, i've realized the sound and atmosphere of it is so unique and different from NFR. if it was part of NFR, it would probably feel pretty out of place. for both LMLYAW and chemtrials it took a few listens for me to realize that each song has a gorgeous feeling and combination of instruments and voice that makes them so special. :wowcry:

I agree! When I first heard LMLYLAW I was honestly kinda confused with the NFR comparisons because I really couldn’t see it fitting on the album that well because the percussion offered a really unique sound to it. It sounds like a transition between the two albums and now that we’ve heard COCC it makes even more sense 

sgopYhV.gif

57 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

I agree! When I first heard LMLYLAW I was honestly kinda confused with the NFR comparisons because I really couldn’t see it fitting on the album that well because the percussion offered a really unique sound to it. It sounds like a transition between the two albums and now that we’ve heard COCC it makes even more sense 

I agree too! I think a lot of people just subconsciously equated 'piano-driven' to NFR which is such a generalization - there are so many details and intricacies of LMLYLAW that make it distinct and easily distinguishable from the sonic landscape of NFR.  I like that she didn't stray away too much in terms of instruments and let them breathe in their most natural form on both NFR and the songs we've heard from COTCC but gives both records permission to be different from each other.  The narrative, vocal stylings, and the additional production  make all the difference and show that Lana is an artist who really considers the details that shape her music!

8 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

We know thanks to Eclipse that White Dress is about her Lizzy days, and she’ll be ice skating in the music video. Does anyone know if she was ice skating when she was younger?

Yes. There's even pics of her doing it as a child somewhere, however, I thought she clarified in the Annie Mac interview that she was rollerblading when she hurt her arm?

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

9 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Yes. There's even pics of her doing it as a child somewhere, however, I thought she clarified in the Annie Mac interview that she was rollerblading when she hurt her arm?

Maybe she mixed things up? She gave off so much chaotic energy during that interview, she could've meant ice skating and accidentally said roller skating.

The term "figure skating" that she used in her IG post only refers to ice skating, right?

21 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I didn’t listen to the interview, thanks for the clarification :)

36 minutes ago, TheHardestWhite said:

White Dress is going to end some careers

hers if she says a single word not related to that song when it releases